Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
+28
chelseagirl
Nell McKeon
Javabee
Cal
Nebraska Wildfire
Silverkelpie
Remuda
skykomish
Distant Drums
Hunkeydorey
HannaHeyes
HelenWest
Moonpie
Cimarron
WichitaRed
Admin
Keays
MoulinP
Stormr
Gringa
gin16
SheilaUK
riders57
Nancy Whiskey
RosieAnnieUSA
Caroline McK
Stepha3nie
InsideOutlaw
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Nell McKeon

Applause and Feedback - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Kattayl - A childhood story with Heyes wise to the ways of the world beyond his years. Jed seems at the cusp of loosing his childhood naivety but lucky the situation was fairly benign and Heyes saved their funds. well done.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Kattayl: It's good to see Our Boys -- at this point, literally they are boys -- watching out for each other. Heyes is a little more experienced, especially with crime. He's perfected the art of pick-pocketing, and knowing to take a little money is smarter than taking all the money. It's what they had to do to survive, but it's also the start of a life of crime, and we all know how that worked out for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
ingin6

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Kattayl:  Interesting story, of course our boys would help out a lady.  If they go to the meeting and listen to her speech, they get to eat too and Kid gets his horse shod.  It took 16 years to pass the referendum, that is a long time to wait.

UK_Rachel 74:  That was really good.  They seem to draw all kinds of attention, something they do not want or need.  The boy was really impressed with both of them and telling his friends would be fun.  I am glad that he figured out that that life was not for him without anyone getting shot. So were they.

Last edited by ingin6 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

rachel741 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Kattayl. Interesting and nicely written.
Back to top Go down
https://www.rachel74asj.com/om/website
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Kattayl: I love this exchange. It's such classic Curry, and her response is spot on: "Curry studied the woman before speaking.  “Ma’am, if there’s women suffering somewhere you don’t need to give a speech.  We’ll help you.  Can’t abide with no woman suffering,” he said earnestly.  “Are they nearby?” 

Finally, a smile graced the woman’s face as she explained.  “Equal rights for women, Mr. Jones.  And equal pay for the same work.”

Heyes and Curry are so much in character, too. Very enjoyable story!

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:37 pm

uk_rachel74: That feels like a natural scene that could happen. So in-character for our boys and the times. Well done!

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Rosieannieusa"  Really liked this story.  it probably happened just the way you wrote it.  Could see it happening that way.

Kattayl:  That was a delightful surprise.  I really liked it.  Poor Kid, he didn't do anything and still got caught. Glad that the sheriff didn't search him or he would have found the gold nugget.  Now, on to the next adventure.

Javabee:  That wad a delight to read.  I understand not wanting to go to the dentist and that is with all the new procedures, I cannot imagine going back then.  I figured that the dentist must be a lady by the way Kid kept going on.  Its good to see a new story from you.

Last edited by ingin6 on Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Javabee and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 12:18 pm

RosieAnnieUSA

Hi Rosie, Enjoyed your story. Wheat and Kyle's friendship is always entertaining to watch.
I'm not surprised Wheat initially wouldn't let Kyle in the leader's cabin, wanting all the prestige for himself. But his soft spot for Kyle won out in the end, using the "pressy-dent" as an excuse to invite Kyle in. I hope their big dreams of riches pan out, but I think we all know better.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Kattyl: You did fool me. I thought, at first, this was a story of the adults. But no, it's the escape from Valparaiso. That was a nice twist. Our boys' friendship started early. It's nice to see a story of them being there for each other, and, at the end, running into some good luck with the find of the gold nugget.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Hello Kattyl:

I was surprised too. I had no idea this was a childhood story until you made the reveal. I always like reading about their loyalty to each other. My heart went out to poor Kid at this line:
 " Trouble finds me.  I’ll be glad when I’m your age, Han, and too old for Valparaiso. I'll be free and no one will be trying to catch me.”  Little did he know what the future held for him.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 3:34 pm

Javabee: Cute story! I can imagine it would take a lot to get Kid into the dentist's chair, and how surprised he was when he saw the dentist. Suddenly, the prospect of oral surgery sounded a whole lot better!

Javabee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi Kattyl:

(In)Famous

I like your "(In)Famous" story. I winced when Heyes asked "Man got a family?" I had kind of hoped our "genius" would have a more fair-minded view of what women deserve for wages, but on second thought he was just expressing the popular sentiment of the times.  On the other hand, Kid's concern for any "suffering" or needy women was endearing and sweet.

Last edited by Javabee on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Hello uk_Rachel 74

"(In)famous"

This was a great take on the prompt. I was glad to see Kid stand up for himself and still get the proper message across to the boy. It seems their notoriety will follow them wherever they go. Knowing how to keep their self-respect and safety intact without glorifying themselves in some way will be quite the balancing act. I think Heyes and Kid, as you wrote them, are up for the challenge. Nice story!
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Hello again Kattyl:

"Seven"

Great story! Heyes is so darn clever. Kid is very lucky to have him looking out for him. The tables will turn when they become adults, with Kid watching over Heyes, and Heyes sees it coming. Gramma Curry was very wise in her teachings about forgiveness, and the scripture about forgiving seventy times seven is a great use of the prompt. Let's hope the boys can eventually heal enough to apply it to their lives.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 2:38 am

Javabee-I was sure I'd replied on this story! Loved it so much.

Javabee likes this post

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:45 pm

UK_Rachel74:  That was a fun read, poor Kid, He really shouldn't have eaten so much, Heyes warned him.  He shouldn't expect much sympathy from Heyes and doesn't get it either.  Flapping chicken wings and cows with guns, what a nightmare.  Yeah, where would cows get guns anyway?

Javabee:  That was wonderful, loved the narration.  I do wonder. what prompted the picture in the newspaper.  Yeah, I do think they would have given her a hug when the saw her again even after the picture.  Loved 

Kattayl:  I enjoyed reading this.  I liked that Heyes and Kid gave back what they had to take unwillingly.  Also. that no one took any of the jewelry or money.  Rightfully, Heyes was elected the leader.

HannaHeyes:  Loved it, Heyes can be really ornery at times.  Lom had a right to be upset, poor animals, not sure what Heyes thought Lom would do to him so it was wise to take off running.  Through it all, Kid just wants to eat pie and then Heyes sells him out.  What a pair.

Last edited by ingin6 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Javabee and rachel741 like this post

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 4:03 pm

https://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI.  That line was inspired by this gin.

Javabee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Hello uk_rachel74

I feel bad for poor Kid. He thought he had to take advantage of the availability of delicious chicken and eat up while he could.  Maybe he will listen to his partner next time. (doubt it, ha!)
However, I was impressed with the creativity of his dreams. It only figures the fastest gun in the west would dream of putting guns in the hands of cows. And he didn't even have the video you linked for inspiration! Thanks for the fun story!

Back to top Go down
rachel741

rachel741

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 7:51 am

javabee: Oh Clem, Clem how could you? Good story!
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi Kattayl,

Sorry, I just realized I've been misspelling your name!! I enjoyed reading about our two very good bad men taking care of the passengers and showing generosity to them. Thank goodness the gang voted Wheat out and our heroes in.

Kattayl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 11:07 pm

Hello HannaHeyes,

This was a fun story, the entire time I thought Heyes was the sole culprit when Kid was actually just as guilty, while he innocently sat and ate pie. That's a cool photo of of the skeleton horse. I enjoyed this very much, thanks Hanna.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 8:45 am

Uk_rachel74:  Your story made me smile on a sunny but still gloomy Monday.  I was going to mention a couple of lines that describe the boys so well, Curry folding his arms and the silver tongued one fooling the gullible, but then I found the very best one:  “Nah, the odds are far much more in favor of us getting caught before your heart has a chance to give up on you.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 5:03 pm

Hello uk_rachel74,

Enjoyed your story! Heye's passionate interest in safes is always fascinating to witness. But I thought it was extra fun to see Kid be the one worried about his partner attracting attention this time, instead of the other way around. I think Heyes was also amused and getting a little payback when he said “Well, makes a change that it ain't you and that gun attracting unwelcome attention.”    

Back to top Go down
ingin6

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:44 pm

UK_Rachel74:  This was really good.  A couple of times on the show, Kid would give a look at Heyes as he was staring at a safe.  Kid is concerned, as Heyes is about Kid drawing his gun, understandable.  Glad that the sheriff fell for the line Heyes gave him, not sure I would have believed him.

Kattayl:  This is a fun read, until the end, that was a shock, Heyes is right, I wouldn't want to pass that news along to the family either.  Well done.

rachel741 and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 3:29 pm

UK_Rachel74: I can almost see Heyes' hand clenching and unclenching, as he watches that safe being delivered. Sometimes I think the money from the safe wasn't as important to Heyes as his desire to prove himself. Thank goodness Curry is there to serve as his conscience and protector!

Kattayl: What a long list of ladies our boys encountered during the series! I had forgotten some of them. It's interesting to me that not only TripleT got into trouble, but so did Grace Turner. I'm sure it wasn't the exact same kind of trouble -- I can't see Grace involved in a bar fight -- but people don't always turn out well, do they? The lure of easy money caused a lot of trouble for Our Boys. At least they were able to change the course of their lives.

rachel741 and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 39 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next