Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
+28
chelseagirl
Nell McKeon
Javabee
Cal
Nebraska Wildfire
Silverkelpie
Remuda
skykomish
Distant Drums
Hunkeydorey
HannaHeyes
HelenWest
Moonpie
Cimarron
WichitaRed
Admin
Keays
MoulinP
Stormr
Gringa
gin16
SheilaUK
riders57
Nancy Whiskey
RosieAnnieUSA
Caroline McK
Stepha3nie
InsideOutlaw
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

Applause and Feedback - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:33 am

Nebraska Wildfire:  Wouldn't it be wonderful to see these two ex-outlaws age this gracefully?  I loved picturing them in a sleepy, little town on the desert.  Who knows?  Maybe that's what really happened.  Fun tale!
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 pm

WichitaRed:  Your introduction made me miss the fall sunflowers and the meadowlarks.  A perfect interchange between them:  “I know I am.”  Perfect Heyes  “Heard that before.”  Perfect Kid.  And then the other true Heyes comes out, doesn’t he, as well as the Kid, who tempers it.  Interesting to think that the Kid, the gunslinger, has to regulate Heyes.

Nightwalker:  Thanks for more of this fun tale.  I loved the Kid’s response to their posters in her room.  I also liked learning more about Jocelyn, that she has real challenges other than dreaming about the boys.

InsideOutlaw:  You put me back into an aspen shrouded forest, expecting a posse or worse around the next corner.  I’m glad it all turned out for the better, and hope the Kid has a great time.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 2:52 am

WichitaRed – You wrote an extremely „audible“ story which suits the prompt in every dimension. I love the atmosphere you created as well as Heyes’ deliberate usage of facial and verbal expressions. Just wonderful.
The boys face a nearly futile situation: a posse on their tails, robbed of their horses and waiting at gunpoint to be killed. Only that they don’t wait, but silently work on a plan. I love the way you showed us the nonverbal interaction between the boys.
They sure know what scum they ran into and you had me on the edge until Kid Curry suddenly exploded into action to turn the tide. As a perfect team they fight their capturers back and gain the upper hand. Now you show us how much of a difference there is between the two sets of outlaws. Even with Heyes’ dark side arising, it couldn’t be more significant.

Nebraska Wildfire – What a beautiful story. Lydia is one lucky lady, that her car broke down just there and then and gave her the opportunity to be rescued by a famous ex-outlaw, who’s always at his best when he gets the chance to help a lady in distress. I’m so glad the boys finally found a place to live and seems to live good lives, too. Even coming into age their personality and habits haven’t changed a lot. Heyes may act grumpy considering himself as some kind of tourist attraction, but I bet it would hurt him rather more if anyone wouldn't pay him attention at all. Speaking of it: you forgot to mention where we have to go to, to find our boys in real. Can we hope for a continuation to your story?

InsideOutlaw – You chose an interesting arc for your plot. You start your story with an almost spooky ride through the woods, have us on the edge, when the boys reach the cabin and finish it with a celebration.
I like your descriptions of the surroundings, the way you build up the tension and most of all the interaction between the boys.
It’s not an easy task to organize a surprise for a man as protective and alert as Kid Curry, and only one man could manage it :-)
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 pm

October stories:

Wichita Red: There really were a lot of bad men out there and an awful lot of them weren't "pretty good." Somehow I think those ambushers aren't going to be helping out another out of their fix. Hoping Heyes will be okay.

Nightwalker: I really like the spectral figures of Heyes and Curry giving advice to Jake, who probably is not smart enough to take it. 

Nebraska Wildfire: I remember one time being stunned into silence by a pair of vivid blue eyes; I know just how Lydia felt! I love Curry's modesty, just providing his first name, and Heyes being a little disappointed that she didn't come to town to see him. And it's really nice seeing our boys settled into a relaxed old age.

Inside Outlaw: Only the members of the DHG would inaugurate a birthday party with gunfire! Glad it worked out alright, despite Curry's misgivings. Heyes, my advice to you is, don't make your partner unnecessarily nervous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Nightwalker: Grudges
This part was so good, I had to go back and re-read it. ///“Could be easily one of us alone in here...”  Busy hands stilled. Silence spread. Brown eyes and blue eyes met. Jed opened his mouth, but closed it again without voicing a word. Everything needed to be said was said by their glances. Silently he nodded and continued working on the mounds of potatoes.///
BRAVO! BRAVO!

And, WOW…..really great, ///“I’m glad, we’re not,” Han murmured as he remembered motionless bodies lying in the dirt.”///

Nice little peek into their lives story, thank you so much for sharing your work.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 3:39 pm

Nightwalker:  I can understand Jeds' grousing about their situation, but Haqn is right,they still have each other.  There are blessings if you look for them.  I think maybe Mr. Mason needed to look for his.

Wichitared:  Love this whole series.  I guess if you have blisters on your body and now dislike the taste of honey, you might find it hard to say thank you to the person responsible.  I think the last 'thank you' was genuine, since again the person responsible is leaving and finally leaving you alone.  I enjoyed it a bunch.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 pm

For November:

Nightwalker: Somehow I'm not surprised that those two hadn't exactly developed their thieving skills yet! They don't know how to steal walnuts without getting caught, do they? Peeling potatoes as a punishment certainly gives them time to reflect on their misdeeds, and to feel sorry for themselves - well, at least Jed is feeling sorry for himself. Leave it to his older, wiser cousin to remind him that having family is something for which he can, and should, feel grateful.

WichitaRed: Ha ha, sometimes the cure is worse than the cold! I grew up with Vicks Vapo Rub being applied to my chest whenever I got a cold, and no one had to feel that off. I can imagine that removing a mustard plaster would also remove hair and skin -- yeow!! It's hard to muster up proper gratitude while you've got a whole other source of pain. I especially love the last line of this story.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 7:21 am

WichitaRed – Just love your story. Heyes acting like a mother hen and in talking mood can be a true trial to the nerves. Meaning well doesn’t necessarily mean doing well as poor suffering Kid Curry has to experience. Would he have been so bad off without Heyes’ care? We’ll never know, but he sure has an opinion about it and is convinced of it. They both have and they both are.
I loved the sounds of reassembling the gun accentuating the Kid’s words - who really isn’t in a forgiving mood – and giving them a deeper meaning.
Thank you for that short glimpse into one of the boys less glorious days, which still shows us what great friends they are.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Wichitared:  Loved it.  Crossing the scree was intense.  That posse was sure determined, but so were are boys.    I also very much liked all that went on in the extended version.

Nightwalker:  Oh, I really liked this one.  Christmas and looking forward to the party, but missing his cousin and maybe regretting some of his choices. Funny how cold weather can make your vision blurry.  And you know Kid is feeling the same way.
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 5:07 pm

NIGHTWALKER
Challenge Mid Bleak
This had a painful feeling to it that reached out wrapping about the reader, you brought his cold loneliness very much to life. Well done. I enjoyed the shared confidences between he3 and Big Jim. Overall a very somber, touching little tribute. Well Done.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Wichita Red: You really know how to describe a scene. For example:"Their passing became muffled as the horses trod steadily on, across fallen reddish-brown pine needles, their route placing them under a jutting outcrop that became a solid bulging face which blocked the fiery, setting sun" You make it so easy to picture what's going on.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Nightwalker: I can easily see how even hardened men like the Devil's Hole Gang would still want to celebrate the holiday with food and jigs and a whole lot of alcohol. The memory of a candle in the window, lit by a family member, would surely be emotional for our boys. Nice that Heyes and Big Jim could share a quiet moment together, remember their losses, and still go on.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 2:19 am

WichitaRed – Wonderful take on a missing scene. Your gripping story about the boys on the run is complemented by wonderful and vivid descriptions of their surroundings. Thank you for sharing it.
[You'll find a longer feedback as comment on AO3]
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 am

RosieAnnieUSA:  What’s not to love about a story with Wheat and Kyle?  The cadence between them is perfect.  I like the fact that it is Kyle who moves them on at points in the story.  He’s the one who suggests unloading the supplies, settling in the barn and making supper.  The end scene is very touching. I don’t really see it as depressing, but rather thought provoking and introspective.  Stars are pretty after all.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Wheat wasn't at all gruff in this story, just trying to help his brother the best way he could.  Kyle was being supportive in any way he could.  I felt for Martha, she was hoping for a fresh start, but that would have wait for now, now that her husband was hopeful.

WichitaRed:  They were only there long enough to order a drink and some food when everything went to h...  Even if they set guidelines on what to do in situations like that, Kid will still do what he feels he needs to do.  Yep, it is going to be harder than they think.  I liked it!!

Last edited by gin16 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Rosie annnie.  I know I gushed over your story in the other fan forum and I still feel the same, this was a really charming story I enjoyed it immensely. Your dialogue between wheat and Kyle was spot on and wonderful
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 9:10 pm

WichitaRed:  As always you set the stage so well.  The story starts so atmospheric that I can feel the rain trickling down my back.  Interesting characters, with the boys true so to character.  The Kid defending the downtrodden and Heyes backing him up.  I love the end.  Lots of changes for them still, huh?  A great read.  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 7:44 am

Wichita Red: What a gripping story this turned out to be! I didn't anticipate the dramatic turn it took, but you wove it into the story smoothly. All the events flowed beautifully. Very well done.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 2:35 pm

RosieAnnieUSA – It’s so good to meet Wheat and Kyle again. They make such unequal partner, yet they work perfectly together. Nevertheless, they share a distinct kind of logic and a particular way to look at things.
Bad things happen when they split up? to be honest I don’t dare to imagine that. They are bad enough together ;-)
It’s interesting to learn more about their background. I like Wheat being of Swedish origin and as part of a (once?) big family. When things run bad, he showed more than once that he has a big heart somewhere underneath the rough cover of his behavior.
I see why you added a note telling us that you won’t write more in this story line. It sure is an interesting scenario with lovely characters which will readers make wish for more.
Me too.

WichitaRed – The boys on the run, soaking wet and just hoping for some rest and basic comfort surely hit the wrong town this time. It’s a more serious story which shows us very clear the difference between regular small-town folks and two pretty decent ex-outlaws.
Manners and decency don’t depend on wealth and status. It’s a choice to make and the most basic evidence of what kind of man someone is.
Heyes and Curry still tend to wrong decisions due to their new goal to get amnesty; not about their purpose in particular situations, but the ways they chose to accomplish it. One thing they are for sure: true men in the best meaning of the word.
I’m sorry the boys had to take their leave so soon, but I’m glad you shared this story with us that gives us a lot to think about.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 6:23 pm

WichitaRed:  What was wrong with those people?  Poor Wheat, he just wanted a drink.  With the other 5 members of the gang going in after Wheat, Heyes and Kid seemed to decided they wouldn't be needed and waited outside, smart men!  I enjoyed it.

RosieAnnieUSA:  I really liked this.  I did wonder who was telling the story.  I loved how Heyes stepped up to be Matthew, it was a real kindness to the grandmother.   They did everything they could to inform the family of the dangers they faced and helped them all they could while they were there and even after they left. Pretty good bad men, yeah!

Last edited by gin16 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Leap   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 2:14 pm

RosieAnnieUSA
I like the rhythm of your storytelling, it just pulls the reader right in.
I like the way Tom noticed they had a whole conversation without saying anything at all.
Boy howdy, hearing about Colorado winters for the first time would make you fall silent, especially the situation these folks are in, and before Thaddeus said so, I had a gut feeling the supply/wood was not in good shape. Just love how they snuck the gold pieces to the family, and that even now they repay the families of Smith and Jones. Good read, thanks of sharing.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 2:44 pm

WichitaRed:  Such a great tale of Wheat and Heyes and the difference in their approaches. Made me laugh out loud. 

RosieAnnieUSA:  I could feel that snowstorm creeping up on me too, even though it’s 77 here. Our boys really are more good than bad men, aren’t they?
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 11:38 am

Wichita Red: LOL! Well, he did scout the town, didn't he? Not that it's going to make a difference, since he just raised a ruckus. Of course, the fight turned into a general melee, and of course, the DHG will jump in. All except the rational ones, who had enough brains to stay outside. I loved this!
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 am

WichitaRed – Wow, a lot of action going on in your story with detailed descriptions of the fight; very well written. Love it that Heyes and Curry stay out of the mess watching the street while the rest of the gang’s going to help Wheat. Interesting insight into the dynamics of the gang.

RosieAnnieUSA – Oh my, poor family getting caught in a snowstorm without enough preparation. The first winter is quite a dangerous thing for unexperienced folks. So lucky that two friendly ex-outlaws appeared just in time with lots of advice and willing to help out. It’s a lovely tradition the family started afterwards, remembering their kind guests and helping others in need.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 9:26 pm

Remuda:  I know next to nothing about poker but I liked this story and I could hear the sailors' accent loud and clear.

UK_rachel74:  At least they will get too eat every day for awhile.  I am hoping that there will be a part two so we can see what happens when they find the gang?

InsideOutlaw:  The telephone, one of the things that put them out of business.  Maisie didn't really want to get Heyes arrested, she just wanted to rile him up and have a good time.  As Heyes said, she could have had the law on them any time she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 35 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next