Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
+28
chelseagirl
Nell McKeon
Javabee
Cal
Nebraska Wildfire
Silverkelpie
Remuda
skykomish
Distant Drums
Hunkeydorey
HannaHeyes
HelenWest
Moonpie
Cimarron
WichitaRed
Admin
Keays
MoulinP
Stormr
Gringa
gin16
SheilaUK
riders57
Nancy Whiskey
RosieAnnieUSA
Caroline McK
Stepha3nie
InsideOutlaw
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
MoulinP

MoulinP

Applause and Feedback - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 5:24 am

Nightwalker
Probably every ASJ fan’s best dream. Really good banter seems to be the unofficial theme of the month.

Inside Outlaw

After his initial fright on the ride in, Doc Minner is now slowly taking charge of the situation. Next month’s challenge prompt should being an interesting development for the boys. Can’t wait.

Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 am

MoulinP – It was a mite lonely for a while here and I was happy you came to keep me company ;-) You wrote such a funny little story. I remember you introduced Caroline to us in the “Resolutions” challenge. The Kid is just adorable. No wonder Caroline finds herself falling in love with him.
I’m looking forward to learn more about their relationship and how it will develop.

InsideOutlaw – I’m glad that you continued your story. To be honest, I’m always waiting to hear more about the boys and Mac. Mac is such a perfect character to detest.
The boys really did suffer enough to consider desperate measures, but I’m glad that they didn’t decide to leave the country. It didn’t work out well for Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid and I doubt our boys would be better off than them.
I’m curious how they will manage to get rid of Mac (without shooting him – kudos to Kid Curry’s self-restaint!) and dodge the law when they will come into town.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 11:51 am

RosieAnnie - I loved this story (and not just because I was picturing Heyes in the river ;) )! I do enjoy outlaw day stories and loved that they only took the executive bonuses. This could easily have been in an episode. It was written well and in the style of the show. Thanks for posting it!
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 8:36 pm

RosieAnnie:  I liked this too.  For me, it was Kid in the river ;).  I guess if you are a bank robber, 'should' is a dangerous word.  Poor smelly Kyle, glad that they didn't have to throw him in the river.  And only taking the dirty money was a good touch and a slap in the face of the railroad men.

InsideOutlaw:  What a great story.  I think it ended the only way it could have.  It is too bad that Kid has to deal with another death, but Mac pushed him.  Who was Dr. Minner really?
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Inside Outlaw: Wow! What a bang-up ending to this story! I agree with Gin16 in that it ended the only way it could have, for the bounty hunter especially. I got a big kick out of finding out that the good doctor had a more interesting past than he first let on, and that he was willing to go along with so much, even though he was armed. He's a very interesting character!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:44 am

RosieAnnie:  Clever Heyes to use the fireworks as a cover for his robbery and a way to get his gang safely away.  I loved the idea that Kyle's personal hygiene was putting them at risk.  Fortunately, he discovered the joys of cleanliness (at least once a year or so)  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 pm

HannaHeyes:  I loved it.  That was a great scene in the movie.  Always together, always watching out for each other, where you go I will follow.  Wouldn't have it any other way.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 4:35 pm

HannaHeyes:  I remember reading this story.  I liked it then and now.  That is rotten, using your daughter like that.  Maddie will suffer from her decision but she is happy with it and the boys certainly are.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 10:59 am

Inside Outlaw - I enjoyed this. I wanted to punch the sheriff however. I’m sure Kid did as well. I liked him keeping his cool during the provoking. He knew Heyes was coming. I loved Heyes’ entrance and that Kyle came along. Liked this a lot.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 8:51 pm

RosieAnnie - I absolutely love the banter in this one! And I would’ve loved to see the young deputies reactions if they learned who the two ‘bad men’ were that they were talking to. Is it possible that this might continue? I’d certainly be first in line to read it :)
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 7:49 am

Hanna Heyes: I knew, I just knew, something was wrong with that little girl wandering out by herself. Curry, as ever, is helping the needy people, and Heyes, as ever, is suspicious. There's no force more powerful than a loving, protective mother, and Madeline rates high for taking care of her child and teaching her husband a needed lesson. Are we going to see Heyes and Curry repay the favor sometime? I hope so!

Inside Outlaw: They do have to live with their reputations, don't they? Curry knows better than to try to defend himself against the sheriff's accusation. But the sheriff should've believed the other part of the outlaws' reputation -- that they were loyal to each other. Interesting reflection on how H&C ended up being outlaws. And I love that Heyes and Kyle stopped to get Curry's dinner.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 3:05 am

HannaHeyes – Paul made a big mistake that bought him no sympathy when he used his little daughter to catch Heyes and Curry. I love the well-deserved way his wife got back on him. In a way the boys’ deed was punished AND rewarded in your story. Fine job!

InsideOutlaw – Heavens, what a fine, decent sheriff it is who suggested Kid Curry should have ridden down the woman and her son. What a disgrace to mankind. It just points out the worth of our two outlaws. It’s such a nice scene when Heyes and Kyle intruded the sheriff’s office under cover of bringing dinner, which Kid Curry consumes while his friends take care of the sheriff as well as the Kid’s escape.

And as a great admirer of childhood stories I love the short impressions of the boys’ youth you shared with us.

RosieAnnieUSA – I loved to meet Lom and Miss Porter again. I really hope that one day won’t meet only business-like.

Lom’s two new deputies don’t seem to be the brightest candles on the cake, but they’ve got their heart in the right place and maybe time and Lom’s teaching will help them getting better in their job.

I loved the line: “Me and Kid, we’ve had a few run-ins with men who use their tin badge like it was a license to be a crook.“  Poor boys, they surely did meet a lot of scum in disguise of descent men in their time. I guess we all hope that they’ll be granted their amnesty before they become victims of one of them bad-hearted lawmen.

Nevertheless, I understand why Lom is a little bit uncomfortable with helping the boys. Most times trouble is following their tracks waiting to team up with bad luck to give them another hard time again...
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 7:40 pm

HannaHeyes:  I have to agree with Maddie her husband really is deplorable for using Emily as bait but, then again, Emily was pretty easily won over by the thought of all those toys and all that candy.  

RosieAnnie:   I always enjoy your characters as they are so true to the series.  Miss Porter is just that teeny bit wide-eyed and naive.  Lom is earnest and our boys are perfect!  Lom does need to get some better deputies before it becomes lethal.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Wichitared:  I believe Kyle too, he could not possibly have made up that story.  I'm sorry that he didn't have anything to show for it, he lost the meat, the hide and now he knows his grand pappy's knife is useless.  I enjoyed it.

Nebraska Wildfire:  Another good tale.  They really are two pretty good bad men.  I wonder what Kid would think of Heyes telling their secrets?  I mean, Heyes kinda got on him about telling Sister Julia their story.  I really liked that they cared enough to find her brother and maybe help her out.
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Nebraska Wildfire: Golden Challenge

Adored that you went through how the town profited, right down to the Soiled Doves. That you took the whole brothel house subject by the reins and took off with it. No one seems to hit on this, obvious, part of their lives. Good job!

Really like this image description: “You could often hear the group of them thunder into town, the horses’ hooves kicking up a swirling storm of dust, and their deep throated laughter echoing through the streets, as they dismounted.”

This too…is GREAT: “still covered in a thick coat of the desert sand that surrounded Crescent Junction.  Only their eyes and teeth would be shining out of the dust, with trickles of fresh sweat making tracks in their hair and faces once they slapped their hats against their swirling coats.” Especially like the trickles of sweat.

Really enjoy the image of her and Heyes playing blackjack, I can see him spinning out stories as fast as the playing cards, all the while the flirting smile of his flickering as he talked.

Nice play with her remembering who she was really sitting with, just subtle from your words on Heyes…nice. But then he opens up to her, WOW…this is really good.

. . . . okay, you know ladies everywhere caught their breath on this line, “Hannibal Heyes tapped me on my shoulder and gently caught my hand, his dark eyes smiling down into mine.”

Really liked the lil’ twist at the end. . . making her brother contact her, or finding him, but I like to think, they insisted he do right by her. That was a terrific read, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 6:39 pm

WichitaRed:  I think Kyle came up with a tale worthy of Heyes himself!  I love how you can put us into the middle of a story, with just a few words here and there:  the Kid still holding his saddle, Wheat all flushed, Kyle and Strawberry “looking worn down to the bone”, and Heyes’ “eyes glittering on the edge of anger.”   Your story just made me smile, as much as Kyle’s tale made the boys.  “Curry covered his mouth,  smothering a brilliant smile but still seeing it in his eyes, Heyes sucked in his lower lip and looked to the floor.”  And I always love a Heyes’ hat “reseating.”
Thanks for the kind comments on my story.  I wondered about posting it, given the subject, but I so enjoyed writing it, setting the atmosphere, that I wanted to share.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm

WichitaRed - I love the enitre scene. The atmosphere is great and you captured the feeling of the show perfectly. It would have been so much fun to hear and see this. Kyle's tale is just hilarious, but I'm with Heyes: who could think of a story like that?

Nebraska Wildfire - I love the way you show us what it means when the Devil's Hole gang hurrahs a town. It sounds reasonable that good sales counted more than a short time of trouble and the reputation of their customers.
I like the point of view you chose to tell your story. There was never a question the boys would make use of that special sort of services but only a few stories have a closer look at the involved girls. Grace is an interesting character and it's easy to like her only after a few lines.
As always I admire your descriptive language and the way it transfers the atmosphere. I have a favor for stories that immediately create pictures in my mind and yours is just wonderful :-)

MoulinP - You settled for a funny story again and I really enjoyed it. Arthur King is just great and I so love the names of his 'knights'. "Coincidence" is a ridiculous and perfect explanation as well, but Heyes and Curry have experience of their own with circumstances nobody would ever believe.
Our poor boys always run into the strangest people the West has ever seen, but that's just reflecting the charm of the series.
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:03 am

Sunrise, Sunset: MoulinP

Interesting beginning with the forlorn, well-dressed man on the river embankment. I do like the narration of their guys exchanged look. . . Perfectly done. Arther King sure is a mysterious, mythical sort of chap, surprise the well-read Heyes has not picked up on what is happening. But, then again he is tired, and this guy is so strange he had knocked him off his game, so to say.
Oh, but wait, Heyes is catching up and thinking now he is the loony one for what he is considering….this all gives me quite the grin….but I am a round table fan, so what can I say. Although, I do feel sympathy for the tremendous knightly headache Arthur King’s tale was giving to poor Heyes.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Wichita Red: You mentioned Shakespeare, and after reading Kyle's story, I thought "it is a tale told by an idiot", but Kyle's not really an idiot, is he? He always tries his best, but sometimes, one thing happens, and then another, and then you wake up in the middle of the night, being eaten alive by ants, and your horse drags you for a little bit. I think Kyle's story is worth the value of an $18 firearm.

Nebraska Wildfire: I like Grace being the narrator of this story, because it is her story. Whereas Kyle, in Wichita Red's story, makes little bad decisions that lead to a comedy of errors, Grace's story is more of a tragedy, where she has suffered through random events not caused by her. I'm glad to see, again, that Heyes and Curry really are pretty good bad men, and that they take the time and effort to help someone who needs help.

Moulin P: Arthur King is not your usual vagrant, is he? Our Boys, ever cautious, are still pretty good bad men; they feel sorry for Arthur, and are willing to take him into town, rather than leave him sitting around, waiting for companions who may never return. The names of Arthur's companions are terrific.
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm

[size=30]Challenge what’s that noise[/size]

[size=30]Nightwalker [/size]
[size=30]positively loved your silent discussion description of the guys, that was genius[/size]

Really a very fun piece of dialogue like it a lot

[size=30]I know that sort of thing,” Heyes replied emphatically, which raised a huff from his fair-haired partner who added, “You can say that twice!” His dark-haired friend turned toward him and beamed him a bright smile that twinkled in his eyes.[/size]
[size=30]Was a very interesting little story, had a lot of tension and suspense built into it, thank you for sharing I enjoyed it immensely[/size]
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Challenge what’s that noise
Nebraska wildfire
Your story was completely off beat for what we normally get and I found myself enchanted by it .   Such wonderful descriptions and narrative just kept reading along and then when she ran into each one of them......the moment was perfect. thank you for this charming story and picturesque descriptions of a pair of retired outlaws
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Nebraska Wildfire:  I enjoyed this a lot.  It is good to see little has changed about them.  Kid is still helping the needy and  Heyes is still chiding him about it.  I wonder just how old they are as Heyes is completely white headed.

WichitaRed:  So brown hat expected mercy when he wasn't going to give any.  Our boys actually did have mercy on them, they could have left them worse off than they did, they got what they deserved.

InsideOutlaw:  That was a surprise!  Heyes might have come close to getting knocked off of his horse by not answering Kids' questions.  Kid needs to know what the plan is so he can prepare.  Heyes enjoyed doing it and I enjoyed your story.

Nightwalker:  Yeah, she had wanted posters on her wall, just not the kind they were used to.  She was safe in her house with the power out, who needs to call the police when you have Kid Curry and Hannibal Heyes  with you.  I hope Jake takes the good advice he was given.

Last edited by gin16 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WichitaRed

WichitaRed

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 pm

[size=30]Inside outlaw whats that noise challenge [/size]

[size=30]Boy no one knows how to annoy Kid Curry like Heyes. A person could say the same goes for Kid toy Heyes also, and you do such a great job showing this side of their partnership. But I love you little twist that turns it all jovial this time. Fun perk at a day in their lives [/size]
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:10 am

WitchitaRed:  Those bushwhackers didn't waste any time wondering who Heyes and Curry were when they had the upper hand and you got me to thinking: would I?  Our heroes don't appear to be hardened criminals.  No, they seem too light-hearted and congenial to be dangerous but they do have a hard side to them and I love that you aren't afraid to show why they survived in a vicious world. My favorite line:  "Heyes’ spun on his boot heels, his eyes glittering dark stones as he unveiled a smile, one reserved for those who opened the darkness he kept constrained under lock and key."  Pretty much says it all right there.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 am

Nightwalker:  I haven't read the other part of this story as I think you must've posted during the time I was taking a break from everything but real life.  That didn't matter, though, I dropped right into the tale as I read and could easily enjoy it.  I want to know more about Jocelyn, how she came to know our heroes, and her relationship with the shady Jake and, of course, what's going to happen next.  That's a mark of good writing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 34 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next