Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
+28
chelseagirl
Nell McKeon
Javabee
Cal
Nebraska Wildfire
Silverkelpie
Remuda
skykomish
Distant Drums
Hunkeydorey
HannaHeyes
HelenWest
Moonpie
Cimarron
WichitaRed
Admin
Keays
MoulinP
Stormr
Gringa
gin16
SheilaUK
riders57
Nancy Whiskey
RosieAnnieUSA
Caroline McK
Stepha3nie
InsideOutlaw
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Moonpie
Admin
Moonpie

Applause and Feedback - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:22 pm

WichitaRed - So many wonderful visuals and descriptions in this.  The whole landslide unfolded in my mind's eye.  You have a real knack with language and it your knowledge of horses shines in this piece

Keays1 - There are plenty of original takes on the prompt this month but I never thought I was going to read about shaving a horse's butt.  Great fun  

MoulinP - Very different type of story and very enjoyable.  Heyes' antics at trying to get rid of all those clothes horses was hilarious and typically ingenious. 

Silverkelpie - Oh!  Would they do that job?  Maybe if nobody would ever see them and if they were poor enough.  And next year someone's going to ride!

Cimarron - One of the most unusual stories I've read.  Whoever you had in mind for the part seemed to realise what Pete brought to the role.  Very intriguing.

InsideOutlaw - Another story written by someone who really knows horses and it shows.  I loved the way Heyes patiently took time with the animal.  No wonder he was mad at Wheat!  

Hunkeydorey - I thought this was going to go in a completely different direction.  When I found out who 'Melvin' was I laughed out loud.

InsideOutlaw2
- You worked the boys really hard in this one and gave us another tale full of horse know-how.  I did laugh at Heyes hating that shirt and ripping it up.

Keays2 - You really know your horses and it shows.  Beautiful opening paragraph and the boys were right in character in trying to protect the little foal.  I love that their horses got in on the act too.
Back to top Go down
MoulinP

MoulinP

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:43 am

Witchita Red
I could really see the avalanche of boulders and rocks coming down - immediate fear for the Kid! Would he be dead? Badly hurt? Fortunately no - but without a horse. Looking forward to reading a further posting to see what happens.

Keays
I was a bit lost at first then I realised this was part of a longer story. Intriguing to learn where Karma came from and the detail! Must confess that I don't know much about horses but this was so well written I didn't need to. Beautifully explained.

Silverkelpie
Great ending. Would have been wonderful to see the boys all dressed up. Laughed a lot at the reveal.

Cimarron
Hints of a remake? The prospective actor immediately shows he understands the show and doesn't want to change it too much. Interesting take on the prompt and well done.

Inside Outlaw
Heyes is in love! This is a masterclass in how you get a horse ready for riding without breaking their spirit. Is Wheat going to undo all Heyes' patient work? Thankfully no but Heyes exacts his revenge anyway.

Hunkeydorey
Took ages for me to see where this was going but good reading while I was finding out. Hannibal Heyes revenge plan huh? Kept me guessing to the end.

Inside Outlaw2
Our boys nearly bested by smart horses. Glad to know they won out in the ending and lovely happy ending. Great story.

Keays2
Obvious that you know your horses Keays. Lovely story with a happy ending. Enjoyed reading it.

Moonpie
Wow! Not familiar with the Paul Simon song but it didn't matter. Stand as a poem. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Hunkeydorey:  Go get 'em, Heyes! I bet he's got the message now!

Inside Outlaw:  Always nice to see a Hannibal Heyes plan work out, and the boys get away with their money.

Keays:  A little dose of realism for Heyes and Curry; they don't like to think about the results of their good work. Yeah, Heyes is probably right; they won't be associated with horse stealing, and only they will know that they really performed a good deed.

Moonpie: Yep, they've made my heart beat a little faster, especially when I was young and watching the boys on television.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm SO so sorry for not getting to comment on February's stories. I know how important comments are to a writer. Please accept my deepest apologies. Now, I'm going to get a start on March...

Silverkelpie - I like the Eugene character. Loved Heyes' ironic line that he doesn't talk much and also when Kid told him he was just a little ray of sunshine. The con (and trick) they came up with was ingenious. Enjoyed the notes at the end too. The whole story was great!

Cimarron - I don't want to say too much and give the story away, but I love what you had the boys doing. It's the perfect job for them. Loved the last few lines. I enjoyed this very much!
Back to top Go down
Moonpie
Admin
Moonpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Silverkelpie - One of the cleverest prison escapes I've read, right along with a new character who jumps right off the page.  Very ingenious.  Good banter too.

Cimarron - Yes, I can definitely see them doing this job.  I enjoyed the way you led us to believe something else was happening too.  very enjoyable and you actually gave me a bunny for mine.
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 5:03 am

Sorry I missed doing February's comments. I did read and enjoy each of the stories very much. On to March!

Silverkelpie:
A very clever, Hannibal Heyes plan that someone else actually came up with, for a change. Gene was quite an intriguing character. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why a man with such a "deep sense of right and wrong" was apparently avoiding the law. Your last line was a humdinger, and it all became crystal clear. Thanks for entertaining us with another witty tale, SK!

Cimarron:
What a great post-amnesty occupation for the boys! And also a great use of the prompt, I imagine the constant temptation they would face in their line of work would be an ongoing challenge. I always love the line "If he can't open it, nobody can." I love to see the boys being proud of each others accomplishments. Thanks, Cimarron, this was a fun read!

Moonpie:
I don't want to give this away for others before they read it. Suffice it to say that I am always amazed at the eroticism that our hero exudes when working with or dreaming about the object of his desire. Your scene is filled with rich descriptors that bring us face to face with the depth of his temptation and longing. Nicely done!
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:21 am

Cimarron - Great last lines, and without giving anything away, you took the whole thing a different way with an ingenious twist,  Loved it. 

Moonpie - Oh, very sensual, and not what I thought it was when I started reading.  You fitted a lot into a few words and gave us a rich sensual feast while keeping it all PG.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:46 am

Moonpie - A very descriptive story. Again, I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say the emotions were protrayed wonderfully. This will always be a temptation. The last line says it all.
Back to top Go down
Cimarron

Cimarron

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 am

Silverkelpie - Oh you clever old thing.  Wonderful notes give us an insight into the research, but how do you find out these things?  Loved it.  

Moonpie - I wondered where this was going when I first started.  A potential Mary Sue turned into a very different type of temptation, but it just drips with allure and temptation.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:51 am

Stepha3nie - what a good story, not a whole lot going on, but then again, a whole lot was going on.  What a scoundrel, Heyes wouldn't tell you what he would do.  If he really thought they may have rigged the safe there is not way he would try to open it.  Leaving a note inside without taking any money would still leave the governor with doubts about him/them.    I don't think he that he would have opened it.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 9:10 am

Stepha3nie - a very interesting and introspective piece and a great look at Heyes instincts in operation.  Where the Kid's are more instant, his are slower to get to the boil.  Fascinating to watch them simmer and mature.  I'm hoping they leave the note.
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Stepha3nie:

The detailed introspection Heyes puts himself through in your story would be considered "overthinking" for most folks. But Heyes has been through too much, seen too much to take circumstances at face value. Sorting through his options and finding one that will put them on top of the situation is his specialty. The question is which one he will select. Leaving a note in the safe, jumping the train, and high-tailing it out of there would be the satisfying and prudent way to go. But then again the governor may see that as a failure to fulfill their obligation to see the safe gets into the right hands. What's an ex-outlaw leader to do? I'm relieved that Heyes was able to figure it out, because I sure can't. Thanks, S3!
Back to top Go down
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Loved your story, Steph.  Personally, I think Heyes would have opened the safe and left a note.  He's too proud of his skills, and enjoys showing them off, so I think that is one temptation he would not be able to resist.
Back to top Go down
Hunkeydorey

Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Silverkelpie - Just when I thought you couldn't come up with any more ingenious history, you spring this on us.  Probably the cleverest escape I've seen.  I loved the character of Gene too.  I hope we're going to see more of this trickster.  Killer last line. 

Cimarron - What a clever job for them to be doing post-amnesty.  Did you know that reformed criminals do that over here, advising people where the flaws in their security are so they can plug the holes?  Clever twist.  I thought a robbery was goin on.   

Moonpie - Ooh, very sexy you naughty old thing.  You really got me quite unnecessary.  How many of us wished we were that safe?  I'm a Kidette and even I got hot under the collar.

Stepha3nie - a lot going on despite the lack of physical action and a very intriguing story.  Is it a trap?  What is Heyes going to do.  So very much in character the way he thinks things through and that he'll talk it over with the Kid first.  Love it.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Hunkeydorey - Interesting to see Heyes using his poker skills to spot when someone's lying, and of course the Kid never spotted a thing in a pretty face.  It was an interesting Heyes plan and nobody would be looking for them at a vantage point outside the window, enjoying the show. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Moonpie
Admin
Moonpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Stephan3nie - Such a pensive, introspective piece.  It tells us so much about Heyes, and the partnership between the boys.  I really admired the work you did with all the Governors too.  Impressive reasoning on the timeline.  Very much like Heyes himself.

Hunkeydorey - Clever Heyes, and you are so right.  They do watch each other's backs, they just do it in a different way.  Great to see Heyes looking out for the Kid for a change.
Back to top Go down
Cimarron

Cimarron

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:30 pm

Stepha3nie - Heyes' clever mind never rests, does it?  He uses his strategic thinking in this one and you so clearly lay out the whole thought process.  I like the dilemma you gave him, but now I want to know what he's going to do!  

Hunkeydorey - She was a sneaky one, wasn't she?   Determined not to go to the law in case she didn't get any of the reward.  It was good to see Heyes make sure she got her comeuppance.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:43 pm

MoulinP - It certainly fits the prompt.  Tabitha Ann is clearly a great temptation and this made for very interesting and poignant reading.  Now I want to read about all the life he just skimmed over!  Have you written that?  Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:05 am

Helen West - You take us right into the action and made the whole scene do realistic it too me right back to coming round from surgery of my own.  Very original and beautifully written, I could feel Heyes' pain.  The canoodling couple was a touch of genius.

Javabee - Great to see this one back again.  I've missed Mrs. Parker, and I'm sure others have too.   Loving the dude act that Heyes is putting on and the whole conversation was beautifully captured with little touches like, "He positioned his spectacles back on his nose, and once again began nervously rolling the brim of his hat, completely in character."  I'm really hoping we get more of this soon.

Skykomish - Vivian's a wonderful character, and a match for the boys in every way.  How can you not love someone who treats their suits with such derision?  "Dabbled in banking"?  Yes, they certainly have.  She noted the serial numbers?  Yes.  That's what makes her such a formidable opponent.  Killer last line.
Back to top Go down
Moonpie
Admin
Moonpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:45 am

MoulinP - This was very different and very touching.  He clearly loved this woman a lot and lived a very full life with her.  I'd love to read their story, but as you say, a man has needs.  A great story.

Helen West - Ouch, you write the pain and agony of the wound so well, but you put the boys in a slightly different type of situation.  It must have broken the Kid's heart to leave him behind, but the way Heyes still manages to think, even in that situation keeps him alive.  Very different and very enjoyable. 

Javabee - I've really missed this series and delighted to see it back.  So Heyes is playing the scared, mother's boy?  Love it.  Please continue with this one.  I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out who he really is and that she gave him the Kid's gun. 

Skykomish
- Love Vivian.  No wonder the boys are so cagey around her, but she is irresistible so of course they'll get caught up in another adventure.  I did wonder too if she was one more step ahead of her nemesis in this one.  She's certainly smart enough and I look forward to seeing more of her and the boys crossing swords in the future
Back to top Go down
Hunkeydorey

Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 1:34 pm

MoulinP - What a life he lived, and he even became mayor.  Yes, I could see that he was charismatic enough to achieve all that, and politicians are usually a bit crooked, aren't they?  He clearly adored his wife and I could see why the children get mad at him, bit thanks for giving us this picture of his wild-ride of a life. 

Helen West - Ooh, poor Heyes.  All that danger heading his way and he he's too sick to move, yet you still managed to come up with an ingenious way for him to escape.  You really captured the pain and the angst so well I was beginning to wonder how the Kid was going to get him out of this one.  Great job. 

Javabee - One of my all-time favourite series and I'm so pleased to see it back.  I hope this means you have more time to write and we see where this accountant who is scared of guns takes this.  Even the thought of seeing Heyes confront her makes me smile.

Skykomish - Was this the woman from your great VS?  Love this feisty character and the way the boys are irresistibly drawn to her games and tricks.  A wonderful story.  Cunning and twisty, and I'm sure Vivian knew more than she was letting on.  Looking forward to more from her.  She could definitely be a running character.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Javabees Temptation, thanks for the update, I have been waiting for this, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next installment.
Back to top Go down
Cimarron

Cimarron

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 2:23 pm

MoulinP - Now you've just whet my whistle for the story of his life; the meeting with this woman he adored so much, the family, the career, the children and now this temptress.  Loved the story so much I want all the missing scenes.

Helen West - So clever of Heyes to play the dead man, even if it was scarily close enough to be true.  Brilliantly descriptive language and it made me feel like you had been through this yourself.  I was given pause when the Kid left, but of course he was thinking of the greater good.  A warm, hopeful ending too. 

Javabee - Mrs. Parker!  My heroine.  So glad to see her back and I hope we're going to have the story continue now.  Have you any idea how pruney the Kid must be after sitting in that bath all this time?  Loved it.  

Skykomish - I love to see the boys up against a formidible woman, and you've given us a great one in Vivian.  Did she use the boys to get back at her enemy?  I hope we see much more of her.  I can take as many of these stories as you care to give us.  I enjoy the characters, the plot, and the way you build tension.
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:21 pm

SK - I will review March, but I have to thank you for your April entry. As a perennial wall flower, I find it real sweet to have those handsome cons and condescending men get gotten just for once. The Kid may be noble sometimes, but he wasn't to Kyle's sister. So she found the one man who saw more than her face. She's a cunning gal! And so are you.
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Sky, I love it. How you got that much story into so few words, I don't know. Great use of dialogue - little description is needed. But where we need it, you have it. Terrific! And bitingly funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 8 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next