Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
+28
chelseagirl
Nell McKeon
Javabee
Cal
Nebraska Wildfire
Silverkelpie
Remuda
skykomish
Distant Drums
Hunkeydorey
HannaHeyes
HelenWest
Moonpie
Cimarron
WichitaRed
Admin
Keays
MoulinP
Stormr
Gringa
gin16
SheilaUK
riders57
Nancy Whiskey
RosieAnnieUSA
Caroline McK
Stepha3nie
InsideOutlaw
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

Applause and Feedback - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:42 pm

Stepha3nie - What temptation, having to babysit a safe for three days, and full of money! I liked the way you took us through Heyes' musings as he thought about what to do. I think he may have opened the safe just to satisfy the urge. I don't think he would've left a note in it simply in case the amount of money came up short when recounted, or because it would give someone the chance to say some money was taken and the note would be proof that Heyes had opened it.

HunkeyDorey - Margaret is one crafty woman. Good thing Heyes decided to check her out. Kid's heart would've certainly gotten him into big trouble if he'd went to see her. Loved the fact that the boys were watching the whole thing through a back window. Then Margaret had the nerve to threaten spreading rumors. A good character to dislike.

MoulinP - This was very bittersweet and remorseful. It's hard to admit that life goes on and you feel guilty when you attempt to move ahead with your life. I could feel the pain Heyes was experiencing. And hopefully, his children will come around to the fact that their father needed to do what he did so he could have some piece of happiness once again. This was certainly a story that made you think.

HelenWest - It really is confusing and scary waking up and not knowing what is going on. I don't envy the decision that Kid had to make. You wrote this so well. I could really sense the pain and terror Heyes had while the Duvall gang was in the house. I was worried that Kid might not be able to save him this time. Very good, angsty story.

Javabee - Yay! Mrs. Parker is back! I've been waiting for a continuation of this story and this segment didn't disappoint. I love the way Heyes is conning her. And he ends up with Kid's gun! I'm really looking forward to seeing what his plan is. More please!

Skykomish - Vivian is quite an intelligent opponent. I liked seeing her match wits with Heyes. But she does have the advantage over them, knowing who they are. I loved Heyes' line about dabbling in banking. The plan to get one of those twenty dollar bills for evidence was great. I hope Vivian will make appearances in more stories.
Back to top Go down
riders57

riders57

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 4:40 am

Fellow outlaw lovers,  I truly apologize for being mostly AWOL the last couple of months.  I look forward to getting a chance to go back and read all your lovely stories and promise that I'll comment on the April ones at least.  Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:56 am

I will be trying to join back alongside you,mriders. Looking forward to reading. But there is still a lot going on, so I don't count on reading time. But it's always fun when I do mange to read the great stories. And the feedback is the best.
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Hunkeydorey:
This story is a wonderful illustration of why the boys work together better than apart; what the Kid doesn't pick up on, Heyes does, and visa versa. So glad Heyes was there to see the conniving Margaret get her comeuppance, and to keep Kid from giving in to her tempting wiles. Great stuff!

MoulinP:
Imagining Heyes wanting to stay faithful to his beloved wife, even though she had passed, was unexpected and oh so sweet. The embarrassment he felt at the advances of the new, much younger woman in his life was endearing. I'm so glad Tulsee, the "most troublesome of women", was there to tempt him into grabbing some joy in his golden years. Loved this!
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Silverkelpie - Poor Dorothy Murtry. Being taken advantage and made fun of mostly because of her looks. I felt sorry for her. Loved her coming on to Kid on their walk. I could so plainly see that happeneing as I read. Your writing style is so engaging. And in the end, she took care of her problem herself, and coming out all the better for it. Wonderful!

Remuda - The beginning of this drew me right in.Kid's feelings were right on the money, but at least, in the end, gratitude helped out. Funny to see Kid doing the pacing for once. I absolutely loved the very end! Would've been interested in the conversation that followed too!
Back to top Go down
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Remuda: And they call me the queen of the cliff hanger!  Looking forward to this story carrying on.
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:23 am

Keays, the story is complete and was never meant to go further.  Sorry if you took it as a cliffhanger.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 am

gin16I have not read this in a long time.  What a hard story to read, but touching at the same time.  Forgiving is hard but it does help.
gin16

Calling a Bluff.  I remember this one and I enjoyed it just as much this time.  Thanks for reposting
Back to top Go down
https://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:38 am

Oh well.  Our own imaginations can take over.  Great read.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:42 am

I'm dealing with a broken right arm and typing this with 3 fingers of my left hand, so I won't be writing individual comments for the March writers. Instead, allow me to say you are all talented, awesome, and deserving of congratulations for your contributions. Thanks for your stories that have kept me from going completely stir crazy while I am healing
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:00 am

Gin16, to which author's stories do your comments refer?
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:01 am

RosieAnnie, so sorry to hear about your arm.  I hope you're comfortable and healing well, and that you're back to fighting trim asap.  bye
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Take care, RosieAnnie! I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Thank you for taking the trouble to let us know what is going on.
HW
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Here's hoping to a speedy recovery RosieAnnie bye
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Skykomish - A very poignant story. Jude is a perfect character to hate. Loved what the Mother said to her son. I liked that the writer of the story found something he didn't think existed and also where he found it. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say I enjoyed it.

Silverkelpie 2 - At first, I thought this was a bank robbery in progress, until I read a tiny bit further. I'd say Amos would've  tried harder to show his rage if he knew who he was actually talking to. Both the boys could sympathise with the reason for it though I think. Of course Kid's not going to say no to a blond woman offering a free meal. The last part surprised me. A very thought provoking story to me.
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:15 am

I'm a few months behind.  I'm starting by reading and commenting on the March stories.  Here goes...

Silverkelpie - Fun Story.  I liked Gene Morton very much and was completely surprised by his reasons and his occupation.  You have a knack for creating unusual and engaging characters. My favorite part of the story was Curry's reaction to the book that Heyes brought him.  Great line:  “You’re just a regular little ray of sunshine, ain’t ya?”   Well done.

Cimarron - Great future career for the two famous outlaws.  I can see them doing well in that line of work, and also enjoying it.  The banker's reaction was fun.  I like how he lost interest and scurried them out the door when they weren't going to feed his hunger for the forbidden.  The exchange between Heyes and Curry at the end was just perfect!
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:48 am

More March

Moonpie - Lovely descriptive writing.  It is always fun to read about someones one true love.  You captured the emotions and longing very well.

Stepha3nie - Nice introspection in this piece.  I agree with Heyes that he needs to trust his instincts, but I don't know where the danger is in this situation.  I like the ambiguity and agree that the reader has a part to play in any story.

Last edited by skykomish on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Take care RoseAnnie.  What a bummer.  I'd go nuts!
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Hunkey Dorey - Margaret is a nasty piece of work.  I wouldn't want anything to do with that woman.  It is a good thing that Heyes saw through her and was looking out for the Kid.

MoulinP - I really liked this story.  I like the glimpses you gave us from his life with Mary, and the new woman sounds like lots of fun.  I can see the children being disapproving and even a little shocked by his attachment to the younger woman.  I hope they come around and find it within themselves to let their father be happy.  Enjoyable reading.  

Helen West - This is a well written and well crafted piece.  You captured the perspective of someone drifting in and out of consciousnesses perfectly.  Loved the playing possum as a way out of his predicament. Well done!
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:41 pm

SK -  love the predicament of Curry's Ghost and how the boys continue in the dark for much of it. Everyone is deceived in some ways, I think. It's a masterful use of point of view and who knows what when. In a way, your way of writing is its own kind of Pepper's Ghost, playing with how much the audience knows and what we think we know. Lovely story! Sorry for slow reviews. Life is busy.
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Cimarron - that's a lovely, tightly crafted little story. I enjoyed feeling as if I was cracking the safe along with Heyes. You really have fixed on the central temptation of the whole wider story. And you give us glimpses of several of the contradictions and challenges involved in that larger tension between having the abilities and how to use them. This is a neat, imaginative solution to the problem of how to turn those skills to the right side of the law. And how like it is to the pilot is particularly fun and clever.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Keays - Seems like Miranda is coming to the realization of just how complex a man she married. Liked the description of his hair being blown by the wind and the interaction with Big Mac. If Heyes is happy where he's at, then he should stay there.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 am

Silverkelpie:  Your knowledge of tricks and cons really leads you to some great stories!  What a clever way to pull a jailbreak.  Loved this line and plan to use it in real life:  Maybe when I told you to talk I should've been more specific?  LOLOL

Cimarron:  I loved the opening of this one.  Safes really are Heyes' Nirvana.  LOL, they're safe salesman--perfect!  

Moonpie:  Another safe and this one a Brooker 202 Heyes is drooling over.  I bet some of us wish he'd drool over a real lady that way.

Stephanie:  Should he or shouldn't he?  Only time will tell.  Love how you left the ending open to our own interpretations.  I like to think he'd be too ornery to open it.

HunkeyDorey:  Heyes (and you) certainly came up with a clever plan to expose Margaret's venality.  Amazing the restrictions schoolteachers used to have to agree to.

MoulinP:  Heyes has moved on but still feels the need for absolution from Mary.  I hope he feels he got it.  Very nice.

Helen West:  I'm so glad you're doing some challenges!  This was a difficult story to read.  Fortunately, it ended well.  Thank goodness Heyes managed to hold on.

Javabee:  I really like your Sophie Parker and am glad you are committed to finishing this story.  Watching Heyes manipulate her is like watching a cat torturing a snake.  Looking forward to more!

Skyomish:  LOVED it!  What else is there to say?  Vivian is a great match for Heyes.
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Javabee -

I am really enjoying the Parkerville story.  Heyes has certainly created a multilayered character.  Loved this line: 
He nodded sympathetically. “A wise move, ma’am, considering the dismal state of your financial affairs.”  I am looking forward to seeing how all of this turns out.

Last edited by skykomish on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:13 am

Finishing up commenting for March....

Helen West:
You are so right, there were temptations galore throughout the entire story. Heye's temptation to give up during his ordeal was very heart wrenching and believable. The constant fear that one of his many visitors would discover his deception was nerve-wracking. This is a very creative, angsty story and a very enjoyable read. Thanks, Helen!

Skykomish:
Your Vivian is an entertaining character, and I enjoy seeing her make the boys squirm. I love the humorous and witty banter that you have woven throughout the story. Seeing the Kid's response when he first spots her is priceless, as his hand instinctively moves toward his gun. Your story is well-plotted with a crafty Hannibal Heyes plan saving the day in the end. Thanks Sky!

Last edited by Javabee on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 9 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next