Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
+28
chelseagirl
Nell McKeon
Javabee
Cal
Nebraska Wildfire
Silverkelpie
Remuda
skykomish
Distant Drums
Hunkeydorey
HannaHeyes
HelenWest
Moonpie
Cimarron
WichitaRed
Admin
Keays
MoulinP
Stormr
Gringa
gin16
SheilaUK
riders57
Nancy Whiskey
RosieAnnieUSA
Caroline McK
Stepha3nie
InsideOutlaw
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

Applause and Feedback - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:30 am

Riders- Outlawing on ice.  How I wish this has been filmed it would be great fun to see, especially with Kyle zipping around like an expert.  Lots of fun and a great plan by Heyes.

Remuda - This is a very sweet little tale, with terribly touching moments like the little boy wondering if the snow would tase different.  Poignant and very lovely.

Gringa  - It was an unusual technique to write most of the story as an internal narrative but it worked to show us everything the woman was trying to hide.  I like the backstory and had no idea that prairie dogs and squirrels carried bubonic plague.  The last line was perfect and unexpected.

RosieAnnie
- Now wouldn't that just make anyone's Christmas?  You think you are going back to a cold and lonely home whilst being one of the very few working at that time, only to find the place decorated, a meal cooked, and old friends there to greet you.  I have walked that Christmas beat myself.  It's quiet and lonely, so it's great to see a happy ending. .  

MoulinP - Your first challenge!  Congratulations and thanks for posting.  Harry and Christopher?  Colour me intrigued.  Wait a minute...ex-law enforcement? Injured legs kept rather than amputate?  Is this my life story?  It's a very original take on the prompt and a great way to get 'ice' in.  I can't 'elp linking it.  Looking forward to reading more of this and I like the nods back to the series.  I loved it, but not sure about him being called 'Uncle Kid'.  Maybe it'll grow on me.
Back to top Go down
Gringa

Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:35 am

MoulinP - Very original and left me wanting to read a whole lot more.  It there a longer version posted?  I could see them having children who became detectives.  Who's behind this company?  I can't wait to find out.
Back to top Go down
riders57

riders57

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 am

Remuda -- I like the idea of Valparaiso being relatively benign rather than the horror of a Dickensian (Oliver Twist) institution -- different from much of fanon.  A nice tale and I like the reflection back.  My favorite line:  "Thoughts wandered to a simpler time past."

Gringa -- great to have you writing again.  An interesting take on another who's life was bettered by having met the boys.  There were several lines that I particularly liked, but the one that I think was most descriptive of the woman's experiences and thoughts was:  "... when her looks were replaced by a painted on smile and a powdered on sympathy."  Very evocative of her past life.  Also a very good surprise ending.

Last edited by riders57 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormr

Stormr

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:39 am

Well, believe it or not, in this crazy time of year, I actually have had time to read the challenge stories!  Yippee for me!  

Riders -  Love the visual of Kyle on skates but then again he is probably my third favorite outlaw.  What a perfect Heyes Plan - can just see it all coming together.  

Remuda - Memories of Valparaiso.  Great visuals of young Heyes and Kid and simpler times.  

Gringa - Ah, a lady trying to start anew until someone from her past recognized her.  Nice of the boys to help her out.  Great last line!!

RosieAnnie - What a nice Christmas story with Lom and Harker included.  Ooooooo, Caroline.  Naughty Heyes though it was for a good cause.

MoulinP- First challenge - congrats!!  Second generation Heyes and Curry partnership.  Investigating with ties to the past.
Back to top Go down
riders57

riders57

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 7:37 am

RosieAnnie -- I always enjoy reading your stories.  Your one paragraph summary of the aftermath of the civil war was masterful -- just enough.  This was a more decisive Miss Porter -- and therefore, more likeable -- than in the Pilot.  And, yes, I agree, family is not determined by mere sharing of DNA.

MoulinP -- welcome to the fun of challenges.  An interesting tie-in to the series.  You seem to have your own post-series universe worked out, if the footnotes are indicators.  I hope you continue this and I suspect that if you do, the Kid may just find out what's become of a certain old friend.
Back to top Go down
MoulinP

MoulinP

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:26 am

Riders57
I can see this as a reminiscing episode filmed in flashback. I laughed out loud at Kyle skating.

Remuda
Sweet story. The Kid always does have a touch of innocent about him doesn't he? Whereas Heyes is more embittered and cynical. Wonder what made the difference?

Gringa
The boys to the rescue, Heyes taking the lead for a change.

RosieannieUSA
Lom does a Christmassy favour for Horace, H & C do a Christmassy favour for Lom. What goes around comes around.

MoulinP
Not gonna comment on my own story obviously! Thank you for your kind comments. I wasn't sure if you would like it. I'm afraid there is no longer version - yet, Gringa. Harry and Chris take after their fathers in that respect - only confiding half a story. I shall have words ....

Keays
Patron saint of reformed outlaws? I would like to think so. Love the disgruntled dog!
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Keays - Great tension building.  Your knowledge of horses really shines in this one and the action is wonderful.  The scenes on the river were breathtaking and I was sure someone was going to come a cropper. The denouement was a perfect Christmas scene.  Loved it.  I am so sorry that I can't put it in for polling.  I can work with a few words over but not more than a thousand over the limit.  Sorry... we'd end up with really long stories otherwise.   No
Back to top Go down
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:02 pm

I quite understand.  I went through it, wondering where I could edit it down, but everything needed to be there, so there it is.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 pm

I am sorry.  Really I am.  I loved it.  prisoner You could repost and leave it at a cliffhanger and post the longer one in your thread?????
Back to top Go down
https://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:13 am

cheers  Keays' story has been edited so will now be polling.  I love a happy ending, especially at Christmas!  Christmas Card
Back to top Go down
https://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Gringa

Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 4:57 am

Keays - So much ice and snow, beautifully described.  The whole chase was very easy to visualise.  I'm so glad they found such a perfect Christmas scene at the end.

Silverkelpie - I remember this one.  It's beautiful and cleverly written, both in the description of the feelings of cold in the beginning, to the way the warmth gathers through the story as a symbolism of the children's futures becoming safer and more secure at the end.  Loved it then and well worth a second reading.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 8:04 am

InsideOutlaw - I'm LOVING the irreverence of the way they treat the body.  Milt was certainly the star of this story, even though he never uttered a word.  The most original escape ever.  Standing ovation from me.
Back to top Go down
skykomish

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:50 am

Riders - Lots of fun in this story.  I enjoyed Heyes' plan, and  Kyle was great.  The opening scene and dialogue were charming and funny.  The robbery and escape were very well planned.  Heyes (and Riders) both have a right to be proud. 
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 am

Riders:  I remember this one and love the clever plan Heyes came up with.  Lots of great visuals and lines throughout to keep me chuckling.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:56 am

Remuda:  Now this one I don't remember but I certainly enjoyed it.  There's nothing like the stillness after a snowfall, is there?
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:09 am

Gringa:  Loved this one!  Women had it so hard in those days with very few options when left on their own.  Your description of the fine distinction between saloon girl and soiled dove was interesting and well-written as was the lack of respect from a former customer.  Nice twist at the end, too.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am

RosieAnnie:  The holidays can be hard even for a former outlaw turned sheriff.  Nice to see that Lom has friends who understand the loneliness and wish to share it with him.
Back to top Go down
Gringa

Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:03 am

InsideOutlaw - I love the outlaw days stories and this is fantastic.  It has so much humour and originality.  Poor Milt certainly came in useful, and it was very clever of Kyle to think on his feet like that.  A wonderful story.

Storm - Three challenges in one?  I love the idea of Wheat scaring the others into folding at poker, and the idea of him 'Perk-U-L-A-tin’' his own moonshine even more.  I loved the fun of this one. It was a so funny and true to the series.  It would have made a really fun episode and one I would have loved to have seen.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 pm

MoulinP:  Your first story and a mystery no less!  Very impressive.  I do hope you continue this in the future.  Your characters are well drawn and you quickly pulled me into the story of the next heneration of Heyes and Curry.  There's so much more to tell here-most of all, what the heck happened to Heyes!!?
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Keays:  So glad you posted the rest of this story on your stories thread.  Cliffhangers are fun but the whole story is so much better.  You did a great job of putting the reader into the tale.  I swear I was shivering even though I'm sitting in front of a roaring fire.  Having the posse shoot at the ice instead of the outlaws was a clever touch.  Most men in the old west were poor shots despite Hollywood's depictions.  A nice happy ending for Christmas, too.  But April and May?  You don't have a sister, do you? LOL!
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Silverkelpie:  I didn't remember this one until I was nearly finished and Kyle's sister appeared.  What a timely tale!  I love Manny knowing that the holidays should be shared and celebrated despite religious differences.  Ruth and Aaron were two lucky kids!
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Storm:  Amazing that you managed to squeeze three prompts into one story and make it all work in a clever, funny way.  The boys making moonshine/sunshine in the Hole is a great concept.  Thanks for the laugh!
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Storm - Three challenges in one?  Extra points from me for that sight away.  Hilarious tale.  I knew there was going to be a disaster of some kind, and you built it up beautifully.  Thank heavens you saved Heyes' crate of whiskey for New Year.  I'm not going to first foot a dry hideout!
Back to top Go down
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:11 pm

INsideOutlaw; I do, but her name's Melanie.  LOL!
Back to top Go down
riders57

riders57

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Keays -- what a suspenseful tale (I did jump up to the complete story to finish it -- so, very seasonal as well).  Your knowledge of horses shines through the tale -- well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 4 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next