Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I would love to find a beta buddy . . .

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chelseagirl

PostSubject: I would love to find a beta buddy . . .    Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:27 pm

. . . not for grammar or spelling or etc. so much, as I'm pretty confident in that area.

But I miss having a writing buddy who'd look over my stuff and tell me where I was leaving things out or needed to develop them more.   Are characters in character and etc.?  What are my plot holes?

And I could do the same for you.

I'm not as up on Western history as many of you, but I do have a graduate degree in Victorian literature, so I know a lot about 19th century culture and technology and etc. and I'll usually know whether something's in period or not.  And I teach college writing (not creative, I hasten to add), so I'm good at the technical stuff.

The downside is that most of what I write is part of an ongoing series, which I wrote a long time ago and recently took up again.  (If you go to chelseagirl on An Archive of Our Own, there's the Ella series and then the sequel series is Alias Investigations.)  So a beta reader would really need to know my stories, to know the original characters and to see how Heyes and Curry (and occasionally Kyle) have gotten to where they are.   That's not nothing, although a fair bit of the fic I've been reading since I came back to the fandom is much longer . . . 

Feeling shy now, but . . . nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Back to top Go down

I would love to find a beta buddy . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction  :: Writer's Area - Please email Admin to get your own thread for your stories. Use a new thread for each story. Please comment after the story. :: Promote your stories :: Post here if you want a Beta or want to offer to become one-
Jump to: