Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

An ASJ Moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: An ASJ Moment   Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:48 am

I had an experience this past week that only you, the gang, would/could appreciate.

My husband and I traveled to the beach for five days. When we arrived at the hotel the first day, after paying and writing my life history on the registration paper, the lady working the desk asked me how much luggage I had. I said one suitcase and one shoulder bag. From the look on her face, I could tell she was stunned and she said, "You must pack lightly." Not exactly. I had mine AND my husband's clothes, swimsuits, bed clothes, beach towels, laptop, a pair of water shoes, a package of clorox wipes, poker cards, and the underclothes necessities all packed into a standard sized suitcase. I won't even go into all I crammed into the shoulder bag. But the whole time I was talking to the desk lady, all I was thinking of were magic saddle bags and trying not to laugh. There have been more moments like that happen, but this is the most recent and thought I'd share it. on horse

Admin

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:29 am

Haha, yes.  She'd never get it, but we do.  Did you also have your coffee pots, tin mugs, and bicycle?   lol!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 am

Thank you for sharing, HannaHeyes. Your story gave me a much needed giggle during lunch break.
You must be an excellent packer to get all of this into one suitcase!

When I travel, I always seem to carry half my household with me. Suitcase, plus extra laptop bag, plus extra camera bag, plus my little rucksack with "hand luggage", like rain coat, a few books, beadwork equipment, something to munch and drink, Sudoku book - oh and of course wallet, hankies, sunglasses, passport and any travel documents,...
I always wish for magic saddle bags!

AmnestyOrBust

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Virtual magic saddle bags for you all!  Certainly found the right gang to share your story with here, Hana Heyes

What's that?
Kid Curry:
Outta this business!
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:42 am

Didn't have the coffee pot this time, but have before when we've went camping :)

Some other moments (I won't elaborate on unless you want me too. Don't want to bore everybody) include running and hiding from the law a couple of times, talking the satellite company into giving us a new HD receiver for free, convincing one of my college professors to let me do one extra credit assignment to make up for the class I missed ALL semester because I forgot about it (I ended up with an A by the way), got a car dealer to put a new stereo and tires on the car I was going to buy from  him for free, making a girl believe floppy eared rabbits could fly and lived in trees, taking a necklace off my friend's neck who sat in front of me in class without her knowing it ( I gave it back at the end of the day. She had never noticed it was gone), and I brought to all my family and friends attention that NOWHERE in the Monopoly game rules does it specifically say I can't rob the bank. PLEASE don't take this as bragging or anything like that, they were just instances that made me think of ASJ and until a couple of years ago, I had nobody to tell who would get or appreciate the connection.

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 am

HannaHeyes - you've done it again! All my colleagues are giving me funny stares, because I keep having giggling fits...

I'd love to hear more about your ASJ moments.
Running and hiding from the law? How exciting! I can't claim that, but I've managed several times to convince policemen not to give me a ticket for not wearing my seat belt.

You know, it never occurred to me to simply rob the bank in Monopoly - I can see how it would make the game far more interesting. Good for you!
Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:41 am

roll laugh Remind me never to play Monopoly with you!
Back to top Go down
AmnestyOrBust

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 pm

I see all different Monopoly game sets based on tv shows and other themes.  They need to make an ASJ one.  They would have to have several Get Out of Jail Free cards if HannaHeyes plays it.   Could have a card for it with Heyes lock picks; Kid's gun; Heyes Silver tongue; etc

What's that?
Kid Curry:
Outta this business!
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm

LOL! Yeah, I probably would need quite a few. I seem to always end up in jail 3 or 4 times a game.

Odd that you should mention an ASJ Monopoly. I've been wanting one myself, so I just got a blank Monopoly board and am in the process of making my own. Haven't gotten very far yet, but I've got all the cards and properties written out.

As for running/hiding from the law, I'll tell the stories of those so everyone won't be thinking I'm some crazed fugitive running around. I had driven to a town about an hour and twenty minutes from my house. There are two ways to get there. One is driving on small two-laned roads that go through the middle of nowhere and have a lot of semi-truck traffic. The other is a much better highway with passing lanes. I was coming back from this town one evenine at dusk on the better highway and got behind a loooong line of traffic going about 30 in a 45 mph zone. We came to a long straight part of the road and I thought sure some people would pass so I'd have a chance to pass the slow car in the front at the next passing zone. Well, nobody was going to pass, so I thought I'd just go around all 5 or 6 in front of me. This part of the road was two-laned, but my side had the passing rights. So here I go, pull out of line and floor it. There was a small bend in the road at the end of the straightaway so of course I was in a hurry to get the pass completed. Well, these headlights appear around the bend and I'm right near the front car so there was reason to worry about a collision. So I completed the pass and by the time I did, I was going almost 90 mph. The car coming in the other lane toward me passed me and I saw blue turned on. Remember, I was going almost 90 in a 45 zone and, let's just say I kinda have a history of speeding tickets. But I knew this wouldn't just be speeding, it was going to be reckless driving charge too. Well, the cop couldn't get turned around quick because of the looong line of traffic the slow car had backed up. So, I was stupid and sped up to get around the bend and out of the cop's sight. I saw this little tiny side road coming up, so I slammed the breaks on, slung the car around ninety degrees and flew up this side road that was shaded and covered by trees. I found a little place to pull off, so I did and turned the lights off. My car was also black so it was hid pretty well. I waited about five minutes and thought for sure by that time, the cop would've already went by. So I turned the lights back and start back to the main highway. As I got near to the intersection, I saw the cop go flying by, lights and all on. (Thank God for that long line of traffic that had kept him from turning around quickly). So I thought there's no way I'm driving home on this road now, so I went back to the town and took the smaller, curvier road home. I would loved to have know how long that state trooper looked for me, but I'm not going to inquire about it ;) It was a long time before I drove the good road again.

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 pm

I meant "there was NO reason to worry about a collision'. This tablet won't let me correct it.

And yes, I have a problem with speeding. It just excites me to drive fast. It's almost like an addiction.
The other time I ran was because of that same reason, except that time, I went around a curve and saw some houses and pulled up in one of the drivesways and scooted down in the seat so I wouldn't be seen. Surprisingly, the cop just drove on by and I pulled out and went in the opposite direction. I'm horrible, I know. But both times were worrisome and funny all at the same time to me. It was kind of exhilerating.

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:23 am

You're not horrible, HH, you're my kind of girl! I love your two stories, and it could easily have happened to me. I have been pretty lucky - only 3 speeding tickets because of cameras in 30 years of driving.
To me, speed limits are more a suggestion... Especially on roads that I know well and on motorways.

I think the guy going so slow should have been fined - for blocking traffic. Insecure or daydreaming drivers are the real cause of a lot of accidents in my opinion, because they drive other people to do things they might otherwise not be doing.

As for your monopoly - what a fantastic idea!
I bet there are a few livery stables or telegraph offices and, of course, saloons to buy. Building houses might not be the best idea (unless other people have to do the actual building work).

Are there action cards like "Risk another job for Big Mac" or "Getting chased by a posse"? Or how about "Sit out this round because Kid is helping a needy one"?

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have an ASJ fan meeting and play ASJ monopoly?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:47 am

Oh, HannaHeyes.  You are a character!
Back to top Go down
AmnestyOrBust

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Now I really want that ASJ monopoly game and to play it with other fans would be a blast.  Instead of houses to put on your property you could put banks and railroad stations. HannaHeyes would probably steal people's banks and RR stations while we aren't looking  ;)

What's that?
Kid Curry:
Outta this business!
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:14 pm

I would LOVE to be able to play ASJ Monopoly with you all! And you wouldn't have to worry, I've gone straight now, although the bank is a big temptation...

One more story and I promise I'll quit. This happened years ago, but now that I think about it, it kind of reminds me of something a certain ex-outlaw would do...

A few friends of mine and I were talking one day and somehow the subject of robbery came up. One friend worked as a cashier at a gas station in town and started bragging about how good he watches the place and that nobody could ever steal anything while he was working. So I immediately thought to myself, 'you wanna bet?' So I found out when he would be working next and it was the day shift a couple days later. I decided not to take anything inside the store, that would just be too easy. I wanted something big that he couldn't say something like, 'you didn't get that here', or 'you brought that in with you'. Outside the station, right beside the door, was a huge flower pot. When I saw it, I thought, 'that's perfect. He won't be able to deny where that came from'. So, I got a couple of friends and we went to the station, in broad daylight. The flower pot sat directly in front of the window the cashier could look out of. I got one friend to go in and start up a conversation with the guy, while the other one helped me pick up the huge, rectangular flower pot and cram it in the trunk of my car. When we got it in, I looked through the window and signaled my friend and she came out and we left. About five minutes later, we came back and I went in the store. I started talking to the guy and brought up the earlier conversation about him guarding the store so well. He agreed again that nobody could ever get anything from him without him seeing, so I told him he might want to look at the flower pots outside the door.
He went out and went all to pieces. Somebody had stolen one of the stores flower pots. We let him go on and on a couple of minutes, then I told him to calm down, I knew where it was. He said, 'where?' and I told him, 'in the trunk of my car' so I popped open the trunk and there it was. He was amazed and wanted to know when I had taken it. I said about five minutes ago. The boy was stunned, he didn't know what to say. I just started laughing  and told him I just had to prove him wrong. So, we put the flower pot back and he didn't brag anymore.

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:36 pm

HH, I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing this story.

Yes, a certain handsome, cheeky ex-outlaw would regard this kind of bragging as a challenge to be answered.

As for ASJ Monopoly - could we devise some way of playing it on chat?

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the stories. Between things that make one think of ASJ and the misadventure vacations I've endured, (which include among them interrupting a drug bust, eating dinner with the state police, and running to the ER because a catfish is literally stuck in one's hand), I could write a book. If I hadn't been there to experience it, it would be hard to believe.

Playing Monopoly online....sounds like something we need to figure out sunny

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Wow, you live the most interesting life!

I'd buy the book.

What could I write about, apart from my animals?
Did I mention how I got my first picture from a speed camera? It wasn't me, not even my car. It was my dog! 
And I had to call the authorities about it and buy it from them. I guess they didn't contact my dog because even with the best magnification they couldn't make out her dog tag...
puppy kiss

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:17 pm

LOL! Your dog got a speeding ticket! That's hilarious!

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 pm

I'll see if I can scan it - if it works, then I can post it. 
It shows clearly that my dog didn't speed.
She was running down a road that was open only for pedestrians, cyclists (including motorised ones) and the local bus. Apparently, the two policemen hiding in the bushes must have thought that my dog fit the category "car". Or they were simply bored out of their mind, because local residents and dogwalkers usually warned traffic as soon as the cops set up their camera. Normally, this road was the local shortcut to the next town, but a good friend of our mayor happened to live a bit further along the road and so...

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:17 pm

That's so funny! I hope you get it to scan in.

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 pm

OMG.  Count me in for the Monopoly game. I definitely want an ASJ board. I admit that I don't usually play the game and it is a challenge for me to play an entire game without begging for bankruptcy, but I would love to have the version that would definitely keep my attention. 

Many happy thoughts about it and trying to find unsuspecting victims to play with
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:41 pm

If I can figure out how we could play online, I'll let you know bye

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Geesh, HH. I have a feeling that you and Peter would have gotten along famously!
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:43 pm

I just saw the be Monopoly story. Yes, we need an AS&J Monopoly game! And a deck of cards. Heyes King of Spades and Kid King of Hearts? Now who would be the queens? I call Silky in drag as queen of hearts!
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Silky in drag would be a GREAT queen of hearts LOL

PostSubject: Re: An ASJ Moment   

Back to top Go down

An ASJ Moment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1