Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Louisville, Colorado trip

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HelenWest

HelenWest

Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 11:56 am

Thank you, Hanna! I have more pictures that I can't put up until I get the next chapter up. I really did walk in Heyes' footsteps, or he will in mine. 
HW
Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Oh, Helen. I'm glad it worked out for you with posting the pictures.
They are wonderful! 
I have to admit that I was a little surprised at the space around the buildings in the model. I'm probably too used to the Universal back lot where along the streets everything is more or less built right next to the neighbouring places. 
I can much better imagine now how Kid or his deputies would "do the rounds". And how long it might take.
Thank you also for the fascinating detail of the bar. For spitting and possibly other fluids, eh?

When I looked through old pictures on the museum link, I also came across one of the first telephone exchange. A woman was the first operator.

And I guess, your Heyes will have walked in the footsteps you just left - if that makes any sense?

HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 4:44 pm

The model was put together from photographs and accounts, mostly, so it may well have more gaps than the real streets. You can often line up specific photographs with specific buildings (like the Louisville News). I don't know if property maps were used. Maybe so. I Guess property, other than mine claims, was cheap.

I will have to look up the telephone exchange, since it comes into the story. Thanks for the great hint, Steph!

It was strange, when I was at the University of Colorado Old Main where the heritage center is, to think that when I left Heyes, he was riding in that direction over about the same route I had just driven and walked. He was either about two weeks or about 125 years away. And in a slightly different dimension. There are still trees there that were saplings planted in about 1888. Now, they are way too big to put your arms around. That's history!
HW
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 9:25 am

Thanks Helen!  I'll have to check out the museum next time I'm in Louisville.  I'm ashamed to admit I haven't even visited the old section on town but you've kindled my interest.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 pm

It's a great little museum, IO.
Back to top Go down
AmnestyOrBust

AmnestyOrBust

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks for sharing all these pics to go along with your stories.

What's that?
Kid Curry:
Outta this business!
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 5:29 pm

You're welcome, Amnesty. It was really fun to go and see the real places. I have more to post but have been out of town again. And I 'm gone again next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Louisville, Colorado trip   Louisville, Colorado trip - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Louisville, Colorado trip
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2