Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
Nightwalker

Applause and Feedback - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 1:15 am

MoulinP – What a funny story. Poor Heyes being haunted by a scary nightmare and not even getting sympathy from his partner. To be honest, I was chuckling with Kid as he learned about the content of Heyes’s dream. You sure made me laugh. Thank you :-)

InsideOutlaw – Giving Mac his due: he’s always true to himself despite the situation. He’s a mean one and he doesn’t even try to hide it. I’m very glad that you continued your story. It’s good to learn that Kid Curry brought the doctor in time and everyone is on the mend now. I’m looking forward to see how the story will end. It there a way the boys will get rid of Mac without having him immediately on their tail again? What does the good doctor do, know Mac slipped the boys’ identities?

Elleree – It sure was a good month for funny stories. Poor Heyes suffering and trying hard on everyone’s nerves. I really love him, but I’m not sure if I wished to chance places with his partner (or the nurse) in this kind of situation. The bunch of bounty hunters –  the “hygiene-free league“ also known as “toothless trackers” - surely was the icing on the cake. Wonderful story – just love it.
Back to top Go down
elleree

elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 9:28 am

Nightwalker
"Your partner...? You mean, Kid Curry is somewhere round here, too?” Her voice rose a full octave. Frantically she increased her efforts to make herself more presentable"

I loved that. Also loved the actual poster and Heyes' reaction to her response about Kid. Do continue it, I want to make sure he found Kid!

Your revised "STEP EIGHT: Grab him and never let him go again." Has my full approval!
MoulinP
Oh no, not a giant egg! There seems to be a bunch of egg related nightmares going around! This was funny.

I loved "The Kid made a valiant attempt to keep a straight face. First, he bit his lip. Then he pressed them together. He could feel himself going red in the face. He tried choking back the giggles but all to no avail. Once the chortle started, there was no stopping it.".

At least he tried not to laugh…

"But don’t worry you’re safe. I’ll save you from killer boiled eggs.”

That's nice, Kid. But trail rations in the morning? I think Heyes' nightmare represented his dread of the mood his partner was going to be in the next day when he was only on trail rations! Nice job, I laughed at this.

Inside Outlaw

I felt bad for Dr. Dinner, tho I personally love horseback riding. Glad that they're almost there!

I’ve just always wondered how people like you can thump their bibles and claim to be God’s chosen right before they do the most horrific things. Gives truly good church-going folks a bad name.” Great point, Heyes. And then following it up with a lengthy passage was pretty perfect.

I could hear Kid's "Cause I’m a naturally cautious man, Doc" and see them approaching the cabin and then the "Always am." You always do a great job with visuals and the sound of the show.

Poor Heyes and Kid when the wound was cleaned out! I winced in sympathy!

It was plain to him that Mr. Jones was not the frightening man he’d thought he was. No, the only frightening man around here was Mr. Lamford. I think we all agree on that!

Glad to see Heyes on the mend. Just hope Mac doesn't do anything to them now he's free. Kid better not relax! Nice chapter, IO!

Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 am

InsideOutlaw:  I always learn something from your stories.  I read about carbolic acid being used in the 19th century but not Bromine.  I guess I should have though.  The best link I found explaining its usage was from the producers of the show Mercy Street, which I watched and found very interesting.  I also liked the contrast in the doctor’s character, where he was so very inept on a horse, but very much in his element once he was treating patients.

Elleree:  Yet another amusing story for the month.  I enjoyed it but felt so sorry for both Heyes, just having experiencing some debilitating nausea and more, as well as poor Curry for having to deal with him.  Heyes girl that I am, I couldn’t blame the nurse for falling for the Kid’s charms, since Heyes was, well, not at his best.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 5:33 pm

MoulinP:  I can’t forget a comment on your story!  Sorry, I thought I had already.  Again, thanks for such a fun story.  I didn’t expect such lighthearted stories with such a prompt, but I know I laughed out loud at yours.  Such great banter between the boys, and .... a...an... egg?  Very Happy   Great entertainment just as I need things to take my mind off the fact that summer has finally come to the Sonoran.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Nightwalker:  Kid must have walked thru the door into the kitchen and Heyes a few steps behind ended up in the bedroom, with her really liking Kid, maybe it should have been reversed, for sure Heyes would not have been making sandwiches if he had walked into the kitchen.  I like the line: chocolate brown eyes watched her watching his partner.  He rolled his eyes and huffed. "Lost" he stated, shaking his head.  I can understand her watching Kid, what a feast for the eyes.

MoulinP:  I did burst out laughing at Kids' comment about singing along, then I read the next line.  Coming from the uncivilized west, Kid would have stood out in Boston society, but he seems to have found his place in it and is happy.

InsideOutlaw:  I am glad that you managed to insert 'snore' into your story, I was wondering.  The Doc sure doesn't like Mac much, neither do I.  Macs' tragedy has turned him mean, not so with Heyes and Kid, they did turn outlaw but never shot  or killed anyone in the process.

Last edited by gin16 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 8:13 am

Nightwalker: Thanks so much for writing more on this light-hearted piece. The picture you gave us of the Kid, half-dressed, searching for food, made me smile in more than one way.

MoulinP: Such a delightful deceptively simple sketch of the two of them, settling into their new lives. I almost laughed out loud at the end too. Perfect Kid.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Nightwalker: Fun story! I always enjoy the banter between our boys, not to mention a little outlaw flesh.  heat (*ahem!*) Lots of good lines. Among my favorites: Lovemakin’ makes me hungry all the time,” the blond replied matter-of-factly.

Everything makes you hungry all the time!” Heyes retorted. 

Moulin P:   Who wouldn't be pleased with that kind of impulsive husband? She's learning all about his many good qualities. And, between you and me, I'd be snoring at the opera, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
MoulinP

MoulinP

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 5:24 am

Nightwalker
Probably every ASJ fan’s best dream. Really good banter seems to be the unofficial theme of the month.

Inside Outlaw

After his initial fright on the ride in, Doc Minner is now slowly taking charge of the situation. Next month’s challenge prompt should being an interesting development for the boys. Can’t wait.

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 am

MoulinP – It was a mite lonely for a while here and I was happy you came to keep me company ;-) You wrote such a funny little story. I remember you introduced Caroline to us in the “Resolutions” challenge. The Kid is just adorable. No wonder Caroline finds herself falling in love with him.
I’m looking forward to learn more about their relationship and how it will develop.

InsideOutlaw – I’m glad that you continued your story. To be honest, I’m always waiting to hear more about the boys and Mac. Mac is such a perfect character to detest.
The boys really did suffer enough to consider desperate measures, but I’m glad that they didn’t decide to leave the country. It didn’t work out well for Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid and I doubt our boys would be better off than them.
I’m curious how they will manage to get rid of Mac (without shooting him – kudos to Kid Curry’s self-restaint!) and dodge the law when they will come into town.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 11:51 am

RosieAnnie - I loved this story (and not just because I was picturing Heyes in the river ;) )! I do enjoy outlaw day stories and loved that they only took the executive bonuses. This could easily have been in an episode. It was written well and in the style of the show. Thanks for posting it!

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 8:36 pm

RosieAnnie:  I liked this too.  For me, it was Kid in the river ;).  I guess if you are a bank robber, 'should' is a dangerous word.  Poor smelly Kyle, glad that they didn't have to throw him in the river.  And only taking the dirty money was a good touch and a slap in the face of the railroad men.

InsideOutlaw:  What a great story.  I think it ended the only way it could have.  It is too bad that Kid has to deal with another death, but Mac pushed him.  Who was Dr. Minner really?
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Inside Outlaw: Wow! What a bang-up ending to this story! I agree with Gin16 in that it ended the only way it could have, for the bounty hunter especially. I got a big kick out of finding out that the good doctor had a more interesting past than he first let on, and that he was willing to go along with so much, even though he was armed. He's a very interesting character!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:44 am

RosieAnnie:  Clever Heyes to use the fireworks as a cover for his robbery and a way to get his gang safely away.  I loved the idea that Kyle's personal hygiene was putting them at risk.  Fortunately, he discovered the joys of cleanliness (at least once a year or so)  Very Happy

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34