Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
gin16

Applause and Feedback - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm

InsideOutlaw:  I wish that it was March 1st so that the next chapter were days away instead of a whole month.  Finally, Heyes is alert enough to ask about the papers and tell Kid to go, which he won't do. Mac should know that they never hurt or killed anyone in their previous life and he heard Heyes' ranting about the raiders, maybe he should think about how he is living his life instead of calling them on theirs.

MoulinP:  That was a fun read.  I really liked how Kat had a question for everything that Heyes said, she was keeping him on his toes, so much so that Kid felt he had to help him out.  For mr, this train trip (story) could last a bit longer than next month.

Elleree:  It sure is a good thing that they both have a whole lot of mule in them.  That was exhausting just to read, you could feel how hard they pushed themselves to get the basics, heat and water just to keep going and take care of each other.

Last edited by gin16 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elleree

elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Inside Outlaw: As usual, your descriptions are very vivid and I can see (and smell) that cabin. I feel so badly for both partners here. Heyes is so hurt and sick and Kid is worrying near to death and has Mac to contend with as well.

"...saw genuine perplexion. Curry had never thought twice. Mac felt a momentary bloom of shame...". 

He should've felt a lot more than a little but of shame. Although the man does have reason to hate outlaws, he had no need to be cruel. Judge not lest ye be judged.

I love how Kid reluctantly feels sympathy for the man--he couldn't help but have some, having lived through the border wars. Of course, Mac doesn't seem to share the sympathy!

"How...find?"
"I'll always find you, y'know that."

Just perfect. I can't wait for next month! Will they lose the amnesty? We know darn well Kid won't leave Heyes. And what will happen to Mac? Definitely looking forward to seeing this finished.

Moulin P: Good thing I read this during lunch at work, because I laughed several times.  The humor was great and I loved the one liners in particular.

"Just my luck I have to pick the most populated..." Hah. I loved this line, although personally I wouldn't mind being in a sidecar with them! 

And Heyes' "After all, you know martial arts."

And Kid's "Now we can all see each other not answering questions.". Lots of great lines and a nice set up.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Inside Outlaw: If I was Curry, I don't know that I'd be so patient with Mac. Even as an outlaw, Curry has a sense of honor and duty. it would be easy for him to kill Mac; no one would ever know. But he doesn't do it. He even finds a bit of sympathy for Mac's situation. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes next.

Moulin P: Funny! I love how she tries to intimidate our boys. They, of course, are not impressed. Too many good lines to quote. The banter is terrific. Fun story.

Elleree: This story helped me in an unexpected way. I took a little tumble on ice a couple weeks ago, and bruised my rear end pretty badly. I complained and moaned to myself, and then I read your story and said, Rosieannie, you are being a big baby. Heyes and Curry are enduring a lot more than you, and they aren't complaining. So I shut up. Beyond my sore butt - this is a nice tale of how our partners take care of each other, even at high cost to themselves. And take care of their responsibilities, i.e. the horses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Inside Outlaw – Wonderful continuation. Mac sure can’t keep his mouth shut. I don’t know how the Kid can stand that. Over time even I want to silence him!
You used beautiful picturesque descriptions in contrast to the serious scene, what I like very much.
It was interesting to learn more about Mac’s background, but he still makes it easy for one to hate him. But I’m with him in one point: probably Heyes and Curry never thought about the harm they might have done to simple folks without their intention.

MoulinP – The boys make an interesting encounter at their train ride. I like Kat, she’s an interesting woman and would have made a great appearance in the series, too.
“Marshall Arts” – just great. An I really love the geographic lesson for the Kid.
Funny detail that Heyes finally revealed the magical nature of their saddlebags ;-)

Elleree – I’m so glad the boys eventually found a save place to rest. They are both in such a bad condition and still caring for each other. I really hope there will be a good ending for both of them. Such a sad and lovely scene when the Kid fell to the ground to exhausted to get up again. It’s good to know someone watches over them and is at their sides, when they need it most.
And I just love the ending of your story with that beautiful gesture. I’m really looking forward to the continuation and a part of me hopes, that we haven’t see the last of the Kadens yet.
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 2:15 pm

MoulinP:  I love Kat's search for an 'authentic experience'--now there's a phrase that could launch a thousand misadventures.  Lots of chuckles, but I think my favorite is the Kid's failure to notice a lantern.  I appreciate, too, that Kid takes the lead in the thinking department once in a while.  He's no slouch.

Elleree: A double dose of hurt/comfort!  Nice interactions between the two partners alternately concerned and equally caring.  You portray their close bond well and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 5:35 pm

MoulinP:  Heyes has been really taking a beating the last few months with some of you ladies, poor guy. I read the second part of this story first.  Did the governor really need to tack on another 5 years, that was mean.  I really liked it.

Nightwalker:  I really do think that people are born with a gift for gab and boy does Han have it, and for wheeling and dealing.  He should have gone into politics, he would have been a wealthy man.

InsideOutlaw:  Loved this continuation.  It was hard for Kid to go off and leave Heyes, but it was the only thing he could do.  He did make it very hard for Mac to get loose and harm Heyes further.  Mac got what he deserved, (actually he deserved more) just maybe, he will see that they are better men than the ones he has heard about.

HannaHeyes:  What a hoot.  I cannot even imagine what kind of bunny hopped for you to come up with this.  Kid, as always was trying to help someone, even if it wasn't a woman.  I loved Heyes' wicked sense of humor in this, he really did act like a 10 year old.  Loved it.

Elleree:  What a scene you set here.  Heyes, not fully recovered, worried about how Kid is doing, how he would do it they had to go on the run again.  The Dustin and Ross show up and he has to make a decision as to whether or not he can trust Ross to take his brother and leave.  Kid, hearing the gunshot and trying to back up Heyes if he needs it.  Then finally they are safe, at least for now.

Remuda:  Heyes really should know how far he can push Kid, especially about his gun and shooting, I think he earned that punch that put him on his backside.  Loved it.

Last edited by gin16 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
elleree

elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Moulin P:
“Nope. I promised we’d never jump ON a train again.” The Kid grinned.
That made me laugh out loud. Love your banter.

As an aside, “sartorial disaster” might be my favorite way I’ve heard Heyes’ hat described.
Also, “before breakfast?”  was classic.

This was a funny tale that felt realistic to the show, even with the bittersweet ending. Poor Heyes and Kid! Hopefully this foreshadowed better times to come. Nice job.

Nightwalker:
“Do I want to know with what?” 
“Probably not.” 
“What did you say?” The dark-haired man knit his brows in a frown.
“I said, I’d love to tell you now, but we’re already late and have to get off for school. Bye, Pa!” 

Love that. You have them both in character so well despite their ages.

“…Sharing their thoughts via looks, facial expressions and subtle gestures. There was no need of words for their exchange. They knew each other for as long as they could remember and the connection between them grew stronger day by day. Jed adored his older cousin and Han loved the support and devotion Jed meant for him. They could fight like dogs and cats when they were at odds, but it never lasted for long and rarely was one of them seen without the other. More mobility would enhance the opportunities for joint adventures enormously, and it was no question with whom Han would share.”

I love this passage. It sums up their relationship so well and I love that you mention their silent communication, one of my favorite things about Heyes and the Kid.

I also enjoyed the wheeling and dealing with the horse, and how compassionate the boys both were.

This was such a lovely story, Nightwalker. I really enjoyed it. I could see this version of their childhood very easily and the two were definitely recognizable as young scamps with good hearts underneath the mischief. Really, they haven't changed too much...

Inside Outlaw:

Just when I was feeling sorry for Mac, he gleefully thinks of using Kid’s affection for Heyes against him. Ugh. And poor Heyes! He’s still so sick. And of course it’s just as hard on Kid who has to be the one worrying about him.

The scene when Mac said they brought it on themselves and Kid started after him with Heyes stopping him was really well done. Also the way Kid worried when Heyes asked for the doctor.

I’m glad someone is taking the envelope to Denver but I wish Kid would hurry up! That said, he really didn’t have that much of a choice in that situation. Such suspense! Will he make it back in time?

So I might be weird, but I laughed at the directions Kid received.  “Two miles outta town on the left.  Look for the lightnin’ struck tree and the swayback gray in the field.” I’ve been given directions like that myself! 

Again you impress me with your storytelling when you have Kid encountering the doctor. He really is desperate to save his partner and would do anything to do so.

“Please, don’t hurt me.  I have a family.”
“So do I Doc, and right now he needs your help.” 
Beautiful.

Then you leave us with another cliff hanger! Also, I may be a bit too vindictive, but I’m glad Mac got shot in the foot.  Excellent story as always.

Hanna Heyes:
Oh you made me snicker more than i=I have since...middle school?

The first scene is amazing. Both the intro when Heyes will just not stop talking and the next part when they're arguing about whether to help or not.

"IT'S NOT EVEN A WOMAN THIS TIME!"
Well, Heyes, Kid wants to ride to the rescue. It’s part of what he does…and Heyes knows it. 

And then the situation gets better…for the reader. Oh I was laughing.
  If you want to poke around and see what's going on, feel free. I won't even watch."
Kid gritted his teeth. "That is NOT what I meant. You didn't even ask him what was goin' on with him or what had happened."

Gentiles. Oh my.

"Mebbe we oughta look and make shore." 
"NO!" two voices yelled out in unison.

Hah hah.

Okay, I love when Heyes and Kid go saunter after the crowd and Kid casually takes the piece of chicken with him. No sense letting food go to waste!

This was great. And I enjoyed Heyes letting out his third grade humor. Thank you for making me laugh!
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Moulin P: Speaking as someone who had a close and personal encounter with ice this winter, I felt Heyes' pain when he hit that tree. And yeah, you can walk it loose for a bit, but then . . . oh boy! When Lom saw Heyes, I know Heyes was hurting physically and emotionally. Lom was very astute to see how the past two years had changed our boys. There's a lot of clever dialogue here, too, way too many good lines to pick out just one or two.

Nightwalker: One thing that really stood out for me, in your portrayal of our boys when they really were boys, is how Heyes spots an opportunity (Raven), comes up with a plan, and talks other people into going along with him. The child is the father of the man, as the old saying goes. 

Inside Outlaw: Things are serious when Heyes says, I need a doctor. And as far as what happens to Mac -- turnabout is fair play, as the old saying goes. Mac is going nowhere fast.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Hanna Heyes: Oh boy, I think this is an instant classic. Absolutely hilarious! I can definitely see an aggrieved wife doing a little Lorena Bobbitt action on a cheating husband, and the consequences -- too funny! The reactions and the dialogue are top-notch.

Ellerree: I'm wondering if the two injured Kadens will survive the trip down the mountain in a gathering snowstorm. Heyes and Curry are probably safer than they know.

Remuda: Some people don't know when to leave well enough alone. I guess Heyes is one of those.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 7:52 am

Such a lot of good stories this month. To be honest, I loved them all. It will be difficult for me to pick a favorite this time.

MoulinP – Oh my, poor Heyes. There are some particular parts of the outlaw life he surely won’t miss. Kat did a lot better for her first jump off.
You’re right the boys were not in their best condition anymore after 2 years of trying for amnesty, tired and worn, and maybe they were too close to each other to recognize it.
It’s a funny story with a serious underlaying tune in its end. I love your wording and  really enjoyed reading your story.

InsideOutlaw – It’s good that Mac eventually accepts Kid Curry is neither unscrupulous nor weak, but caring and a man of honor. Still he’s working against him instead of trying to find a solution together. Well, who would trust him anyway?
I love the moment when Mac wakes the Kid: first thought alertness and the grip of his gun, second his look towards Heyes showing his concern.
You ended your story with another cliffhanger. I’m looking forward to read the continuation of your story.

HannaHeyes – I understand very well why you couldn’t resist – heavens what an encounter! And what a take of the ‘needy people’ the Kid feels he has to take care of...attracts...er...no, it doesn’t get any better in this context, so I’ll just stop it.
I’m so with Heyes that the whole situation is anything but serious in its absurdity and couldn’t stop chuckling. Poor guy with his ‘gentiles’ hurt. At least the Kid shows compassion and enough self-control to keep his mind clear and help him.

Elleree – I’m so happy that the Kaden family is back! Well now, no, not exactly happy, but I love the storyline.
I’m so glad that Heyes is well enough again to care for Kid Curry. But now that the Kadens are back, there might be not much time to recover.
Ross is such an interesting and complex character. I’m always curious to learn more about the strange relationship between the Kaden brothers, who are always fighting and scheming against each other, in total contrast to Heyes and Curry – which points out that blood-ties are no guarantee for a good relationship or more valuable than friendship and true affection which the boys show (whether they are cousins or not).
I’m glad that Heyes acts thoughtful and practical and is not going for revenge. Would he do alike if the Kid wasn’t on the mend? Speaking for me, I doubt it.

Remuda – Great little story. The Kid needs time and practice for recovering after his gun hand got hurt. You got the boys spot on and their bantering is great, covering how much they care about each other. Yes, Heyes sure will watch out for him and as sure as well he will pick on him. The punch in the end is well deserved.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 pm

MoulinP - I enjoy the interactions between the boys, especially when Heyes gets on Kid's last nerve about whether he has the package or not. I have to admit, I've hit something I've fallen against before because it was 'in the way'. Useless? Yes. But it does make you feel better.

Nightwalker - I really enjoyed this childhood story. Han showed almost exactly the kind of man he'd grow up to be. Glad he talked himself into getting that poor horse. Loved this exchange:

"You were supposed to do it yesterday,” his father retorted.

"Yesterday, I was busy.”

"Do I want to know with what?” 

“Probably not.” 

Good story!

Inside Outlaw - Loved this continuation. I know Kid hated leaving Heyes alone but he had no choice. Can't help but be glad that Mac got some of what he deserved. I hope Kid gets back soon. And I hope that envelope makes it to its destination on time. Looking forward to the rest of this!

HannaHeyes - You disturb me...

Elleree - Loved your continuation as well! Really loved that as bad as Heyes was feeling, he still took care of the animals. I think that says a lot about a person's character. I hope that the decision to let Ross leave with his brother doesn't come back to bite Heyes and Kid. The Kadens, well, most of them, don't seem to be the kind to give up that easily. Really looking forward to more!

Remuda - Poor Kid! Hurting his hand and then having to listen to his cousin's mouth lol! The banter was great. Absolutely loved the ending!

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 1:56 pm

I apologize for not commenting this month. I am getting a new cat shelter off the ground in my town and our pre-inspection is Thursday.  I will comment as soon as I’ve had a chance to read all your wonderful stories.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Moulin
This is an enjoyable follow-on to your story.  Nice time- and place-setting with the narrative.  LOL'd at the reference to Kat's knowing "marital arts" after Kid saw her flipped over bottoms up after she jumped from the train.  Nice references back to the pilot and the boots not being made for walking--brought the song to mind.

Nightwalker

Nice slice of childhood life.  Poor, poor kids, having to listen to their history lesson in full, but at least they didn't get a tardy.  Glad they were able to save Raven from the slaughterhouse.

Inside Outlaw
Another great story continuation.  Mac has found out our boys are rarely down and out, their instincts honed for survival no matter how desperate the situation.  Feel sorry for the Doc.  Hope he's not too beat up and scared from his first horse ride to treat Heyes (and now also Mac).

Hanna Heyes
The beginning of this story was reminding me of another one when it took a whole nother turn--and what a turn!  Lloyd and "little Lloyd?!"  Too funny!  So Lurleene wanted to "bob it," huh?  (Sorry, couldn't resist.  Did this come to you after a certain news special on an anniversary of the real-life act?)  

Also loved this exchange:
Kid:  "Yeah. I'm gettin' hungry too."
Heyes:  "Of course you are."

Well done!  This is super original and just too funny for words!

Elleree
And we have another good continuation.  Seems like there's hope for Ross Kaden if not his brothers.  He's a sympathetic character.  Love a dangerous Heyes, and of course Curry is right there doggedly pursuing an answer as to what the ruckus was about, his injuries be damned.  Sanctuary for the moment, until the next episode.

elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Remuda: Oh, I love this story! I didn't know that you wrote it! It is very wistful and bittersweet. But that's about the full story. This section is a great inclusion, full of tension and a nice bit of relief at the end.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Remuda:  What a wonderful story.  I looked up and read the full story on the other site.  Miss Vinny is a wonderful character.  So many emotions going on for everyone.  She has wonderful memories and is lost in them.  It is really touching that she was in some way able to see 'Jedediah' again before she passed on.  A wonderful story.

Elleree:  A lot of tension in this story and it starts right at the beginning.  I liked their silent conversation and how Kid didn't listen to his partner and went thru with his plan, such as it was.  Loved the end, Heyes was sorry that it wasn't his plan.

Remuda:  That was funny in a gross kinda way.  Poor Kid.  Heyes ended up on his backside in your last challenge, I think maybe he should have in this one too, he just doesn't know when to stop running off at the mouth to kid.  But the birds got the better of him this time and it was well deserved.

InsideOutlaw:  What a great chapter.  A foot for a foot, sounds fair to me.  I do not feel sorry for Mac at all, he brought it on himself.  Mac just can't see that they are not all bad and doesn't see what he is doing as wrong.  Poor Kid, dealing with Dr. Minner, although I would be in the same boat never having really ridden a horse, but it would be great having Kid help me up off of the ground.

Last edited by gin16 on Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 12:06 pm

Remuda: Truer words were never spoken about the amnesty. "Sheriff, I do declare I know full well what it's like to go a long time waiting for something, and when you think you've got it in hand, it may or may not be all that you expected." 
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Ellerree: I'm sure Curry felt a little bit of "gotcha" satisfaction when he left Whitaker thinking he was in the same danger Heyes had been. You get what you give. And Curry was smart enough to know his opponent as well as he did. Better, in fact, than Heyes did, since Curry knew Whitaker had a lot more weapons on his person.

Remuda: LOL! That's definitely a real problem people in the 1880's had to deal with. And, speaking as someone who eats a lot of fiber on my vegan diet, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go! 

Inside Outlaw: A little retribution can feel pretty darn good, can't it, Heyes? You do me, and I'll do you. Taste of your own medicine and all that.
Back to top Go down
Nightwalker

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySun May 05, 2019 9:40 am

No detailed feedback from me for last month, but I really enjoyed all of your stories. Not easy to pick a favorite one.
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Elleree
Another good installment to your story.  Glad Kid was able to come up with a plan even though Heyes disapproved, at least of the first part of it.  Was a little confused about Whitaker's being left on the felled beam.  If it's on the floor of the mine, once an elbow or foot dropped, wouldn't he be able to figure out it's only on the ground and not over an open space?  Maybe I missed something but that's the picture I had.  Enjoyed it.

Inside Outlaw

More Mac -- enjoying the continuation of your story.  Plausible they went the way they did because of an apple.  And feeling sympathy for the doc.  But then, watch out when Kid Curry is on a mission!  Good one!

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Nightwalker:  I loved it, I do hope that you continue it.  I love how they (in this case Heyes) are so comfortable wherever or whenever they are.  Why are they there, where is Kid, too many questions need answering, there must be a reason why?

MoulinP:  Thank you,  I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  Poor Kid, he didn't stand a chance at not laughing. 
Reminds me of a dream, of being chased by a gorilla because I had stolen his chocolate chips.  I think that was after going to the zoo for my Bday.

InsideOutlaw:  I am enjoying this story so much, even if it does make me cringe whenever they focus on Heyes' foot.  Why does Mac dislike Heyes' so much, he seems to have had a few (very few) second thoughts about Kid, the Doctor however has already changed his feelings about Kid, going from a dangerous kidnapper to a caring friend. pat

Elleree:  Thank you for this laugh out loud story.  I know that Kid was worried about Heyes, but that didn't stop him from telling the nurse that he was the worst patient when he was ill, then telling Heyes about him puking all over everything.  They bounty hunters got what they deserved.

Elleree:  I am so glad that Remuda knew that there was more to the story.  So happy that you posted the whole thing, I got many more laughs out of it.  Who would have thought 'puking' could be so funny/

Last edited by gin16 on Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Nightwalker: Thanks for sharing such a fun story with us. I too would love to know where the Kid is, but waking up to Heyes would be wonderful. I’d follow him out of the door too.
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:56 am

Nightwalker
Cute dream story.  Not sure how you would continue it without getting otherworldly, but that's obviously your decision. It's a nice one-shot as it is.

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Nightwalker: I love that prompt you listed at the bottom of the story. "Are we in cowboy times?" It led you to a cute story where everyone is a little confused. I laughed when she recognized him, and he went into his usual denial. My favorite line is," I don’t even know where we are – when we are - and his reputation was here even before us?”

Moulin P: We're obviously in pre-Freudian times. If we weren't, someone would be trying to figure out the significance of boiled eggs in the dream state! As it was, poor Heyes! No sympathy from his partner, but then, Curry's sleep was disturbed, too. Of course it was a scary dream - "It was six feet tall and still had it’s shell on!”
Back to top Go down
Remuda

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Elleree
Glanced at your story and saw that you cut a lot of stuff out to have it come in at 1,999 words.  The challenge word limit here is 4,000, so perhaps you can re-post it with all the parts you left out?

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 8:08 am

Inside Outlaw: The dueling Bible quotes were amusing. Of course, Heyes would have a better memory for them. The poor doctor - he's going to be awfully saddle sore tomorrow. I like him, though. Once he was back in his element and being a physician, he took over. He's good at discerning character, too. I have a feeling he's going to play a big role in the upcoming chapters.

Ellerree: Poor Heyes! Food poisoning is awful, but you managed to make it amusing. Miss Reed just can't resist a pair of fine blue eyes, can she? And Curry is right - it's hard to find someone attractive after you've had to clean up his stomach contents a few times, from either end of the human body. Great comeuppance for some nasty bounty hunters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Applause and Feedback - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next