Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Catching up on May:

Chelseagirl:  We all know Ella is smart, being a lawyer, even if her choice of husband has caused her some issues. (And we’d all have loved to have the chance to make that choice, or a similar one.)  This story has stretched her abilities even farther, and not found her wanting.  She did well with the children, even after letting Heyes’ silver tongue getting him out of another day of babysitting.  He might love her, but one day was enough?  I like how you described the Curry boys as polite, but mischievous, very like some other boys we know.  And I loved the ending.  Playing outlaws and lawyers, huh?

Remuda:  I do like how the boys’ roles switch in this story.  At first the Kid is very bothered by their situation, and Heyes is trying to calm him, convince him that they can survive on a few quarters a day from poker.  Then when the Kid comes up with what seems like a better solution, Heyes only sees it as even riskier.  I love the line “Mother may I?”  from the Kid.  Then it switches again, as Heyes was enjoying the contest, with the Kid still on edge, trying not to win, even with shotguns.  It shows their dichotomy so well.

MoulinP:  I really like the character of May.  It is interesting that she is with Chad, who seems week.  I do like how Heyes was “scary” with Chad, trying to get information out of him, but he backs off with May, and lets the Kid charm her.  Again, a nice example of their complimentary natures.  They seem to realize she is a smart woman and seem to trust her more than she trusts them.  Very wise woman, it seems.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:59 pm

May stories.

Cal:   A real shotgun wedding! Well, sort of -- you know what I mean. Figures that it would be one of the Murtry clan involved. At least the groom couldn't skedaddle!

Nebraska Wildfire:  Well done, and oh so sad. I like that Heyes has found an understanding community immediately upon his release.

Chelseagirl:  A couple of rambunctious boys would wear anyone down! I'm so glad that Heyes and Ella had another child. And, of course, if Ella is setting up a game for the kids to play, it would be one she would know well.

Remuda: I think I would put your story in the category of "a day in the life." It's Heyes and Curry going about their daily routines, trying to make a few honest dollars, taking a chance here and there. I love how the shooting contest was with shotguns, not pistols. And, of course, the March King was also the master of another skill, one of which I'd never heard about.

MoulinP: I love that you call this story "a cheesy mystery." Pun intended? At any rate, it's a lot of fun. And I like May. She's a no-nonsense kind of woman, which is exactly what the doctor ordered. . . maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Sabbatical: Blessings   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Remuda:  As much as we love him, Heyes can really be annoying at times, can't he?  And you captured that so well, with him just chattering on, being polite, while the Kid sneezes and sneezes.  I'd probably not be as good as the Kid, and just flatten him.  The Kid obviously knows better than I do, that when it really matters, Heyes always has his back.

My favorite line:

Curry whined, “Don’t call me Goldilocks.”

But he has such lovely hair...

Thanks for such a good start for the month.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Remuda:  Poor Kid, it is miserable when you cannot stop sneezing and Heyes was no help al all, Kid should have flattened him.

Nebraska Wildfire:  Makes me wonder, what story was Kid referring to?  Must be on the adult site.  Clearly their interests are different, yeah, they need another tablet.

Cal:  I enjoyed this one.  How did Wheat think Kid saw Tall Pete and his cronies? Of course he found a way to get up into the rocks to spy on them, he is the security expert isn't he>

Chelseagirl:  I always like your stories about Ella, Heyes, Kid, Sandy, her father and Blue Sky, MT.  Kids' comment about having a wife like that, makes me wonder, is Sandy is in the family way again?  Maybe a little girl??

Last edited by gin16 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cal

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 am

Remuda - Saddle Talk; Blessings

Poor Kid with the sneezing.  He did have a run in with Pneumonia in that cabin all winter.  I think he did well to hold his temper as long as he did with Heyes goading him with blessings... or not... like that  He did get a cure I suppose so I may forgive the dimpled one. Can't beat a bit of banter between the partners, and this was one of their more ridiculous little interludes.... I enjoyed that...not sure if Kid would agree. Goldilocks!!!!

NebraskaWildfire - I love a bit of fluff.... and I think its a tough prompt this month.... Like Kid says, "They can’t just keep writing nice stories about us?"  .... I'm seeing a certain dimpled one lying back with his book by Mark Twain.... tablet.... and Kid saying... I'l get me a book....tablet  lol!
I knew Kid was smart... Sabbath...and sabbatical.... see Heyes.... he put that together....I didn't.  And I too want to know which one... "that one again?"... is.  I know for a fact it isn't one of mine....I never made him blush  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed but I'd love to read it.  And Heyes.... I don't know why we call them bunnies either  albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Cal:  I was pulled immediately into this story.  I felt the cold wind, and freezing sleet, even down here in the warm southwest.  What a brilliant plan by Heyes.  They will get out of the cold and avoid being bushwhacked, as well as avoid the gang complaining.  Do we have a story for next month, though, with how Heyes and Curry eventually get back at those who were going to double-cross them?  Maybe in the spring, after the winter?  Great story.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Getting a head start on June stories.

Remuda:  I always loved the conversational interplay between our boys. Your ear is spot on. I could swear you were riding behind them just a few feet away, listening to their conversation. And you build a really good case for using paper facial tissues instead of a hankie. 

Nebraska Wildfire: If Heyes is taking a sabbatical from safe-cracking, does that mean he'll return to it? Now there's a bunny hopping for sure! 

Cal:  A Hannibal Heyes plan to avoid the bad guys? As usual, he's got some scheme to save the day for our favorite gang of pretty good bad men. Winter is coming for Tall Pete in a whole different way than he thinks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Cal

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 am

Harrison Winthrop III, Ph.D........ Sorry Chelseagirl.... I very much enjoyed reading about your sabbatical fossil hunting.  This is such a good story thread.  I liked seeing Jed as a Son in Law... admitting to this stranger that he and Heyes had gone on a bit of a journey as far as the First Nation Americans were concerned....(Very honest of him) and also seeing him as a father ...talking about his rather rambunctious offspring.  I think Harrison's awe is well written and understated... the contrast between what he's thinking, and what he's saying showing just how cool he's trying to sound and how excited he really is.  Heyes will love the new visitor... Are we getting to eaves drop on that ride??? Hope so... loved it.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

chelseagirl:  I love your portrayal of the Eastern academic coming West.  The description of his formerly new clothes, jacket with just the right pockets, and saddle sore body, give us a wonderful image.  Then he is schooled by none other than Kid Curry, who is very much in his element. Amnesty was granted, he’s getting along with his father-in-law, and obviously enjoying married life, based on all the kids. You have painted us such a delightful picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction  :: Writer's Area - Please email Admin to get your own thread for your stories. Use a new thread for each story. Please comment after the story. :: Challenge Stories :: Applause and Feedback-
Jump to: