Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Applause and Feedback

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Catching up on May:

Chelseagirl:  We all know Ella is smart, being a lawyer, even if her choice of husband has caused her some issues. (And we’d all have loved to have the chance to make that choice, or a similar one.)  This story has stretched her abilities even farther, and not found her wanting.  She did well with the children, even after letting Heyes’ silver tongue getting him out of another day of babysitting.  He might love her, but one day was enough?  I like how you described the Curry boys as polite, but mischievous, very like some other boys we know.  And I loved the ending.  Playing outlaws and lawyers, huh?

Remuda:  I do like how the boys’ roles switch in this story.  At first the Kid is very bothered by their situation, and Heyes is trying to calm him, convince him that they can survive on a few quarters a day from poker.  Then when the Kid comes up with what seems like a better solution, Heyes only sees it as even riskier.  I love the line “Mother may I?”  from the Kid.  Then it switches again, as Heyes was enjoying the contest, with the Kid still on edge, trying not to win, even with shotguns.  It shows their dichotomy so well.

MoulinP:  I really like the character of May.  It is interesting that she is with Chad, who seems week.  I do like how Heyes was “scary” with Chad, trying to get information out of him, but he backs off with May, and lets the Kid charm her.  Again, a nice example of their complimentary natures.  They seem to realize she is a smart woman and seem to trust her more than she trusts them.  Very wise woman, it seems.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:59 pm

May stories.

Cal:   A real shotgun wedding! Well, sort of -- you know what I mean. Figures that it would be one of the Murtry clan involved. At least the groom couldn't skedaddle!

Nebraska Wildfire:  Well done, and oh so sad. I like that Heyes has found an understanding community immediately upon his release.

Chelseagirl:  A couple of rambunctious boys would wear anyone down! I'm so glad that Heyes and Ella had another child. And, of course, if Ella is setting up a game for the kids to play, it would be one she would know well.

Remuda: I think I would put your story in the category of "a day in the life." It's Heyes and Curry going about their daily routines, trying to make a few honest dollars, taking a chance here and there. I love how the shooting contest was with shotguns, not pistols. And, of course, the March King was also the master of another skill, one of which I'd never heard about.

MoulinP: I love that you call this story "a cheesy mystery." Pun intended? At any rate, it's a lot of fun. And I like May. She's a no-nonsense kind of woman, which is exactly what the doctor ordered. . . maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Sabbatical: Blessings   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Remuda:  As much as we love him, Heyes can really be annoying at times, can't he?  And you captured that so well, with him just chattering on, being polite, while the Kid sneezes and sneezes.  I'd probably not be as good as the Kid, and just flatten him.  The Kid obviously knows better than I do, that when it really matters, Heyes always has his back.

My favorite line:

Curry whined, “Don’t call me Goldilocks.”

But he has such lovely hair...

Thanks for such a good start for the month.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Remuda:  Poor Kid, it is miserable when you cannot stop sneezing and Heyes was no help al all, Kid should have flattened him.

Nebraska Wildfire:  Makes me wonder, what story was Kid referring to?  Must be on the adult site.  Clearly their interests are different, yeah, they need another tablet.

Cal:  I enjoyed this one.  How did Wheat think Kid saw Tall Pete and his cronies? Of course he found a way to get up into the rocks to spy on them, he is the security expert isn't he>

Chelseagirl:  I always like your stories about Ella, Heyes, Kid, Sandy, her father and Blue Sky, MT.  Kids' comment about having a wife like that, makes me wonder, is Sandy is in the family way again?  Maybe a little girl?? 

MoulinP:  Melancholy runs through this story. This chapter raises many questions, I hope that there will be stories that fill in the missing years.  So sad that Kid feels distant from his children and will miss his grandchildren growing up. And that he feels closer to Heyes' family.  I do love that Paul Cowdry is with him. I do hope that he honors Kids' wish for him to stop calling him sir.

Last edited by gin16 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cal

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 am

Remuda - Saddle Talk; Blessings

Poor Kid with the sneezing.  He did have a run in with Pneumonia in that cabin all winter.  I think he did well to hold his temper as long as he did with Heyes goading him with blessings... or not... like that  He did get a cure I suppose so I may forgive the dimpled one. Can't beat a bit of banter between the partners, and this was one of their more ridiculous little interludes.... I enjoyed that...not sure if Kid would agree. Goldilocks!!!!

NebraskaWildfire - I love a bit of fluff.... and I think its a tough prompt this month.... Like Kid says, "They can’t just keep writing nice stories about us?"  .... I'm seeing a certain dimpled one lying back with his book by Mark Twain.... tablet.... and Kid saying... I'l get me a book....tablet  lol!
I knew Kid was smart... Sabbath...and sabbatical.... see Heyes.... he put that together....I didn't.  And I too want to know which one... "that one again?"... is.  I know for a fact it isn't one of mine....I never made him blush  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed but I'd love to read it.  And Heyes.... I don't know why we call them bunnies either  albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Cal:  I was pulled immediately into this story.  I felt the cold wind, and freezing sleet, even down here in the warm southwest.  What a brilliant plan by Heyes.  They will get out of the cold and avoid being bushwhacked, as well as avoid the gang complaining.  Do we have a story for next month, though, with how Heyes and Curry eventually get back at those who were going to double-cross them?  Maybe in the spring, after the winter?  Great story.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Getting a head start on June stories.

Remuda:  I always loved the conversational interplay between our boys. Your ear is spot on. I could swear you were riding behind them just a few feet away, listening to their conversation. And you build a really good case for using paper facial tissues instead of a hankie. 

Nebraska Wildfire: If Heyes is taking a sabbatical from safe-cracking, does that mean he'll return to it? Now there's a bunny hopping for sure! 

Cal:  A Hannibal Heyes plan to avoid the bad guys? As usual, he's got some scheme to save the day for our favorite gang of pretty good bad men. Winter is coming for Tall Pete in a whole different way than he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Cal

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 am

Harrison Winthrop III, Ph.D........ Sorry Chelseagirl.... I very much enjoyed reading about your sabbatical fossil hunting.  This is such a good story thread.  I liked seeing Jed as a Son in Law... admitting to this stranger that he and Heyes had gone on a bit of a journey as far as the First Nation Americans were concerned....(Very honest of him) and also seeing him as a father ...talking about his rather rambunctious offspring.  I think Harrison's awe is well written and understated... the contrast between what he's thinking, and what he's saying showing just how cool he's trying to sound and how excited he really is.  Heyes will love the new visitor... Are we getting to eaves drop on that ride??? Hope so... loved it.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

chelseagirl:  I love your portrayal of the Eastern academic coming West.  The description of his formerly new clothes, jacket with just the right pockets, and saddle sore body, give us a wonderful image.  Then he is schooled by none other than Kid Curry, who is very much in his element. Amnesty was granted, he’s getting along with his father-in-law, and obviously enjoying married life, based on all the kids. You have painted us such a delightful picture.
Back to top Go down
chelseagirl

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:18 am

Remuda:  I heard Pete and Ben's voices in my head, throughout reading your dialogue, so I'd say you got it spot on!

NW:  Totally adorable.  I especially liked it when Heyes noticed that the Kid said "schematics" and was reminded that he wasn't the only one who liked to read, if only he'd let his partner have the tablet once in a while!  Having recently posted a naughty Kid story, I'll flatter myself that he was reading mine, while others among us can do likewise.   Twisted Evil

Cal:  Apparently some of Heyes' best plans are improvisation, too.  I really like the way he pulls them out of a potentially bad situation, and gets them all to think it's their idea!   

In response to comments on mine:  gin16, I was thinking of wives who are adventurous. There is a younger daughter in last month's story and I'm imagining this one taking place afterwards. And Cal, you caught me!  I've always been afraid that people would think Ella was my Mary Sue (in the sense of authorial self-insertion character), but obviously it is Harrison.
Back to top Go down
chelseagirl

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Moulin P:  Still catching up on the last 18 years of ASJ fanfic, and wow was this one a surprise!  I've read some of your post-Amnesty stories, "Settling Wheat" and some of Heyes and Mary's courtship.  So there were lots of surprises for me in this one, particularly the much more somber tone.  It was almost King Lear-like, I want to say, in Curry's alienation from some of his children, and going away for his final years.  I've been looking on the various sites to see if I could find the stories about Tulsee and Mary's and Heyes's death, with no luck.  I am thoroughly intrigued, and could you let a poor forlorn reader know where to find them?

Last edited by chelseagirl on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:57 pm

MoulinP:  No warning??  Well, I guess I wouldn’t have been sucked in to completely if you had.  It starts off with Caroline, and the difficult but not unexpected talk of him moving west.  Of course I made assumptions about the friend sitting and sipping while the Kid had his breakfast.  I actually thought, it was sweet, he was still there.  And everything with the kids, and twins? Oh, and well, Cowdry is Cowdry and I’m certain definitely comforting, but really?  I don’t know how you managed to pack all that in this one story, and just rip at my heartstrings.

(Note to chelseagirl:  I remember a story about Mary and Tulsee in a prior challenge, but not Heyes.  MoulinP if I’ve missed some of this saga of yours, I’d appreciate a link too.  You paint their later lives so vividly.)
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:53 pm

MoulinP: No, life isn't simple, is it? And things don't always work out like we thought they would. Are you planning to continue this story? You've certainly got rich veins to mine here. Anyway, this was sad and real. I liked it.
Back to top Go down
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Remuda:  What a gem of story.  I like listening in on this pair.  Heyes pretty much has an answer for all of Kids'  questions, maybe not the answer he wants but Heyes tries.  Loved the line, "I'm still here". where else would he be, but with Kid.

Chelseagirl:  Boy was I surprised, Blue Sky Montana, some years later.  What a great tale, reminiscing about the past and enjoying the present.  What a change for them.  Glad that Heyes could admit that he was wrong, just this once!

Cal:  What a ride that was.  Dust and bullets flying.  Our fellas trusting their horses, the posse not so trusting, taking the longer road allowing them escape again.  Well told.

Elleree:  I liked this a lot.  I like how they are picking at each other, but the instant one of them is in trouble, that is all behind them.  Then when that one is safe and seriously uninjured, they find their sense of humor.

Riders57:  I m glad that the bunny hopped.  This was a great read.  They were the outlaws that Blinker needed to talk to, he just came up with the wrong pair of names.  So, Kid admitted to maybe slowing down some but his aim was just as good.  Who were these widow ladies? I'm not expecting an answer to that.

Nebraska Wildfire:  What a good story.  They shouldn't have robbed the bank but what else could they do, keep on keepin on?  I think that is why we have so many shootings today, people just get tired of being held back, knocked down by circumstances in life.  Kid had a good idea, otherwise they would have wasted it all in time.  Will we be visiting Liberal?

Hannaheyes:  What a hoot.  They don't even trust each other with fake money.  No where in the rules does it say that I can't rob the bank, gotta love that one!  Robbing the railroad, $300,000.00 in rent is excessive even by today's standards.  Loved it.

InsideOutlaw:  That was fast. I enjoyed it a bunch.  Heyes is a might touchy whenever the Hanford job is mentioned and Kid has fun bringing it up.  Kyle and his dynamite, Whoo hee?   Except for Kid getting hurt, the job went really well.  Glad he didn't need a doc, they are hard to find on a Holliday.

Last edited by gin16 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
MoulinP

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 am

Remuda
Great banter from the boys - like an earlier comment, I could really hear Pete and Ben in my head. Shows what a good ear you have. Just how annoying can Heyes be? His cure seemed to work though.

Nebraska Wildfire
When given a new toy to play with, this really shows the differences between the boys. Heyes automatically goes to look up safe schematics, while the Kid wants to read stories "we" write about them. Wonder which one he meant?

Cal
This story really showed why Heyes and the Kid could lead a gang of outlaws and why they were so successful. Wasn't just about outwitting possees and planning audacious thefts, it was also about outwitting their own gang, without appearing to do so. Very clever.

Chelsea Girl
Knowing academics like I do (work at a University, not that I am one), they do tend to be so focussed on their work that they forget the wider implications. Good job Harrison came upon the Kid and Albert before he got himself into big trouble. He might not have got back to Marianne and the baby otherwise.

Word in reply to comments about mine
I never intended to jump about through my ASJ Universe but as challenges come up where I can share an episode then I can't resist. Tulsee figures in a challenge from last year called Lock. She is also mentioned in the challenge Utter, also from last year. That one gives more detail about Heyes' death. I haven't posted a fuller description of this yet as I'm still writing about his life. With regards to Mary,  I only have this handwritten from before I took the plunge to post anything online. It was quite emotional to write as I recall and I think I'll have to be in that mood to type it. I will do one day.

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 am

MoulinP - I was completely taken in by the holder of a cup of coffee for breakfast.  What a sad scenario you paint for Kid.  I guess we all know he has a stubborn streak, but to estrange one of your children whatever the provocation....so sad.  And to head out West and leave family behind, that's harsh, especially as we learn his partner isn't going to be there with him.  Very sad altogether, but kudos on the weaving of a very full and detailed life story.
Back to top Go down
Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 am

Nebraska Wildfire
Cute!  We will definitely have to make sure Curry gets his own tablet so he can keep up with us, even if Heyes isn't much interested in doing so.

Cal

Love the reverse psychology Heyes used on Wheat and the rest of the DHG.  Tall Pete better watch out -- a cunning Heyes and gunning Curry are nothing to mess with, especially after the cold and wet has done most of the job for them.  Looking forward to the continuation.

Chelseagirl

Love the whole history of Marsh and Cope and the discovery of fossils out West (started a story re same a ways back and might have to finish it).  I read in other comments that Harrison was your Mary Sue; that's a different take on it, but why not.  Cute that Curry has boys named their aliases.  Will this be continued?

MoulinP

As others have commented, this is very full and rich in few words.  Curry in the autumn of life is still as stubborn as he was in his prime, but somewhat less tolerant of the needy.  Sad he felt he had to remove himself from his family, but so real that he had to return to the home he knew best.

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:10 am

Remuda -- that was only a joke!  When Cal addressed me as Harrison in the comments, I thought, "hmm, well, we're both academics . . . "  But I, alas, will never get a sabbatical.  We'll have to see if Harrison has more to tell me, but the situation of the Kid's wife being half-Blackfoot and meeting her father only later runs throughout my series stories.
Back to top Go down
elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 am

Remuda: I still smiled and laughed on seeing this for the second time. Very nicely done. It also made me wonder what Kid was allergic to and recall that although I've been out west multiple times, I only managed to hit it when the rabbit brush was blooming two years ago and I was both in heaven and miserable. In heaven because I was in Utah and then Nevada and had gone all the way out there via train. Miserable because like the Kid, I sneezed a lot. Unfortunately I have asthma, too, so that got aggravated. I took to wearing a bandanna like a mask or a surgical mask when we did our desert hikes. I sadly did not have Heyes with me to annoy and then anger me out of my allergies. If anyone could, he could. I enjoyed the banter.

Nebraska Wildfire: I'm glad I'm not the only one who imagines conversations with Heyes and the Kid. Haven't ever risked giving them a tablet, though. My favorite lines: You been reading that one again?”
The Kid cleared his throat.  “Which one?”
“You know the one.”
“There’s lots of stories out there,” the Kid replied quickly.  “They really seem to like us, Heyes.”
“Yeah, sometimes a bit too much.”  Heyes went back to reading about the newest safes.
Hah. I do wonder which one made Kid blush, which was adorable. I know it wasn't mine! 

Cal: Wow, what a way to start in the action! I was tense right along with them in the wet and Heyes waiting for the Kid and finding him.  I liked the description of Heyes bringing the gang to halt and also that "Kid had had one of his feelings, instincts, a thing neither of them took lightly." I think " Back-stabbing… bushwhacking… murdering… kinda trouble" might be the best response to the question what trouble, ever. You definitely ratcheted the tension.
     And then this part: "The Kid here …he’s just busting a gut to go show them lowlives …just who it is they’re planning to kil….er….BUSHWHACK! Kid growled, and Heyes had to look at the floor for just a second."  Oh I could see that and hear it and laughed myself.  That was an excellent Heyes plan and also perceptive of Curry to have pointed out it'd weaken their leadership if they just gave up. It had to be the men that thought of it. So you have an excellent, evocative scene, suspense, and humor. Excellent job.

Chelseagirl: I am a history buff so the fact you had a paeleontolgoist in the ASJ verse made me extremely happy. I do not know your original characters but that really didn't matter as I liked all of them. 
      Harrison was very human, and "[t]he man must have him pegged as the Eastern idiot he truly was" endeared me to him greatly. (Who in the world has to wear a surgical mask because of rabbit brush?? Me. Wheezy Easterner. Even if technically I'm Midwestern. Heh.) I also liked “Well, I . . .” he stammered.  “I was wondering if your people might know of any sites where such things are found, and might be willing to work with me?”  He could see the blond nodding encouragingly, as if to say, that’s right.  Actually, it had never occurred to Harrison that he’d be working with the natives, but in the moment, it seemed the right thing to say.  The right thing to do, actually."  Perfect. He acted without thinking any further but when presented with the right thing to do, did it. Besides, he was delighted to meet Heyes and Curry. 
      I loved this, every bit of it. Favorite line: “Well, if you say stupid stuff like that, they might. "  All in all, sounds like the kind of sabbatical I'd love to take!

MoulinP:  Second time I read this and some of the details caught me at the second read and broke my heart even further. Kid holding on to the bannster even tighter because he was all too aware of what could happen. "The Kid sighed. “Then you don’t know me very well,” he said, regretfully," is so terribly sad. The story is definitely steeped in regret--no partner, 3 sons who don't know him, no Caroline. I am glad he has someone to go with, but Heyes and Curry being separated is definitely tragic. Very moving.
Back to top Go down
Cal

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:57 am

Fireworks

Remuda - (I still can't get used to you posting early???? lol)  Honey..... an old wives tale?....and whats wrong with an OLD WIFE Mr Curry?????? He should try it...honey works wonders...I should know....I'm and Old Wife hehehehehe. How lovely to hear they aren't skint for once, may even get a bed each.  I like that you have Kid complaining about the reading....but he's really grumpy because he wants to know the story... until their real lives kick back in of course and he starts worrying....so very in character. I too loved the "I'm still here"... that is sooo Heyes. And kudos for the shoe-in of several prompts. Another fine dialogue piece.
Back to top Go down
elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 am

July Challenge Stories Feedback (So Far)

Remuda,
 Very clever making your story fit both forum’s challenges! It certainly did fit and I like this story as much as I did the first time I saw it. I doubt they would find a doc during a holiday but at least it wasn’t for them for once!  “I’m still here” still made me laugh. I also enjoy Kid’s toast. Very nice.

Chelseagirl,
I really like “Hannibal Heyes had a determined look on his face, and when he got like that, not even Kid Curry could change his mind.  Well, not usually.” Heyes is definitely hard to sway when he gets super determined but it’s good you added the qualifier because sometimes I’m sure Kid can change his mind. And it works vice versa with Kid in a stubborn mood.  

“It’s hard sometimes, Kyle, thinkin’ about the things we’ve had to give up.  But we all made choices that got us here…” made me sad but also glad at the thought they finally decided to go for the amnesty.

Then you had Kid asking about a family which also broke my heart. I loved Heyes’ response and how he was honest but tried to make it a little lighthearted with “Anyway, we wouldn’t want to disappoint all those young ladies in the saloons, by taking Kid Curry off the market.”   Hah.

Favorite line: “I haven’t heard trust and Kyle and explosives in the same sentence ever before,” the Kid muttered to himself.

Second favorite line: “Highly believable story,” said Heyes, with mock sincerity, and Curry nodded to show his pretended agreement.”

Adorable, and I love the turnaround after they have the amnesty and families of their own. J

Cal,
  “I say …we round the mountain at Edwards Pass …and head back to the Hole… through Columbine… We know for a fact… the Sheriff …and all his deputies… are out of town!”  Brilliant, Kid.

Love this line: “It’s what’s been keeping you alive all these years” retorted Kid, with a smile of his own.

I really like the idea of the flyer burning a hole in Kid’s pocket so to speak. The imagery was very nicely done throughout. Good lead up to trying for the amnesty.
Back to top Go down
riders57

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Since I wrote I definitely should comment -- and I'm happy to do so.  I enjoyed all the stories posted so far.

Remuda -- as always I love your saddle talks.  This one fit the prompt well.  I love Curry's toast.

Chelseagirl -- I like the way you linked the two July 4ths together to show how much their situations in life had changed, and how much stayed the same.  Also the final banter between the boys at the end was cute.

Cal -- a good missing scene.  The impact on the eyes added to the tension of their ride.  I like that it is the Kid who came up with the craft escape route -- too often writers assume that all the cleverness goes with Heyes, but the Kid was no slouch either.

Elleree -- Again there was some enjoyable banter in this one.  A good description of a tense, and realistic situation they could easily have found themselves in.  You also wrote their reactions both during and after the crisis in character.  Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:52 am

Riders57: I enjoyed your story! And despite his age, I bet Kid is still quite faster than most! 
Favorite line: " Even now, as they left joking and laughing with each other, they exuded a sense of power. It would take a brave or very foolish man to challenge either of them-challenging the two of them together would require insanity." I've always felt that was the case! I also liked "His partner chuckled and pushed open the door, entering first as always to ensure there was no danger." I'm really glad they're still together and alive, though too bad about the amnesty! (And I happen to like thinking of them as Heyes and the Kid buuut I still love the story if it is indeed Butch and Sundance.)

For your comments to me, thank you. I do enjoy their banter but I happened to have a plot bunny of their gloved hands clasped together with one of them dangling off a cliff. (I didn't pick the bunny, it picked me.) Anyway I tried to add the banter and humor that are always there, too.

Gin 16: Thank you! I'm glad that came through--one of my favorite things about the show is their relationship and part of that is though they pick at one another, they're always there for each other, too. Thanks for the comment!

Last edited by elleree on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 am

Fireworks:

Remuda:  My favorite line was “so you could have an excuse to play poker?  Like you need one.”  Second favorite was “because the jail might be the only place in town that’s open!”  I liked how Heyes is always the eternal optimist.  So much said between the boys when it’s just the two of them.  Great story.

Chelseagirl:  I love a happy ending.  Kyle and dynamite and July 4th?  Luckily two happy endings on both Fourth of July celebrations.  I do like how the boys’ discussion goes from the frivolous worries about Kyle to where they’d eventually be.  And as I said above, I like a happy ending, so I was glad Heyes was wrong.  “It’s like Christmas, only better weather” just made me smile too.  I’m hoping for better weather this Christmas too.  And finally, Uncle Kyle?  “Do you think Blue Sky would trust its explosives to anyone else?”  Heck, yeah!

Cal:  Very interesting different perspective of the action in the pilot with this missing scene.  It was a more serious tone, more like the series episodes, than some of the fluff of the pilot.  It also gives more explanation of why they did choose to go talk to Lom about the amnesty.

Elleree:  My favorite line “Or maybe I should go back up the cliff and let you figure it out,” Kid said.  Simply because he’d never do it.  And “Dealing with a hurt Heyes was about as fun as falling off the cliffhad been.”  You do get the impression that he wouldn’t be the best patient.  And finally "The key word is nearly," Heyes replied.  Always the optimist, aren’t you, Heyes?

Riders57:  Glory Days:  This was such a fun story.  “I can’t really believe those two nice old men are wild desperadoes.”  He laughed.  “I mean, how could they be.”  Because they were always nice?  
“Surely, they weren’t …, they couldn’t be.  Those two were dead, weren’t they”. Depends on who you’re talking about...
Tell him what he wants to hear.”  He grinned.  “Some of it might even be true.”  That is soooo Heyes.
“Joshua here is always gettin’ ideas.  Some are better’n others.  This one was a real doozey.”  Again, so Heyes, and so the Kid.
How did you make it out of Bolivia?”  Ahhhhh....  I loved the ending.

Back to top Go down
elleree

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 am

Nebraska Wildfire: 
Aw, your story was rather sad for me. I hate to think of them actually pulling one last job but it is a realistic thought. Especially if the Kid had nearly died on Heyes. I like to think they will settle nicely on a spread in Liberal and start a nice ranch, raise horses, and go south for the winter! The writing was very good and I could hear their exchange in the bank. 

Also, thanks for the comments! (Of course Kid wouldn't leave Heyes on the cliff. He didn't even leave Heyes' hat. Neither Kid nor myself are convinced that Heyes' hat is actually lucky, however. :) )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction  :: Writer's Area - Please email Admin to get your own thread for your stories. Use a new thread for each story. Please comment after the story. :: Challenge Stories :: Applause and Feedback-
Jump to: