Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Applause and Feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Pambaze:  Whew, you plunged us right into the action with your first few paragraphs!  This had it all:  great action, humor, and also a warm depiction of our heroes interactions.  Love Heyes lying a gentle hand on the Kid's neck.  Loved it all!

Nebraska Wildfire:  Very moody and reflective piece.  I'd imagine that sort of memory would raise its ugly head at odd times.  Good that Heyes knew that humor could re-direct his partner's brooding.

Silverkelpie:  How did I miss this one the first time around?  I thought I'd read all your stories.  Loved it and loved your penchant for quirky names.  Wolverton Phipps, LOL!  I could just see Heyes and the Kid squirming throughout that uncomfortable conversation at the beginning.  Off to read the rest.

MoulinP:  Poor Heyes, he's still learning how hard it is to parent.  And to have a child how has inherited all your best (or is it worst) traits!  I can easily imagine his confusion and relief when Susan agreed to go along with his plan.

Cal: Another one that starts off with a bang, albeit not a literal bang.  Of course Heyes would hate being bested.  He's the humiliator, not the humiliated.  Can't wait to see what his plan is.

Good stories all, ladies!

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon May 01, 2017 4:44 pm

InsideOutlaw - What a wonderful tale of practical jokes full of great characterisations and very visual. You come up with wonderful Hannibal Heyes plans and this one was a doozy. The description of Kyle being hauled from the well was spot on too

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 am

Inside Outlaw - Oh goody a DHG comedy! And for April too.... April fools day anyone.  Felt sorry for Kyle down that well... but enjoyed all the mad tricks.  There was a film I saw once where they got rid of the guards with hornets... then smoked them out to rob the train.... The stink bomb idea seems a much easier solution than that....love it... and very Heyes.  Thanks for more looks at the daft Wheat and Kyle duo too... love that pair of hooty owls. That was a real fun read. 
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue May 02, 2017 4:26 pm

April stories -- clapping

PamBaze -- wow, that was thrilling! You threw us into the action right away and never let it flag. Even the scene where they rested was filled with tension. Good stuff!

Nebraska Wildifire: Excellent use of the prompt. My favorite line: "it was past time for him to be off of this Earth." And Heyes answer to Kid, that God will forgive him before the Governor of Wyoming. Well done, NW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Silverkelpie: I do remember reading this story before. I enjoy it now as much as I did then. Spiritualism is definitely a good topic for the 1880's. And later, of course.

MoulinP: Susan is a feminist! I like her! And Heyes --- don't be such a fuddy-duddy! But he's living a hundred years ago, isn't he? He has to help his daughter fit into society, whatever that is. It's tough to be a parent!

Cal: Oooh. . . I can't wait to find out what the HH plan is! And this is happening during the outlaw days, so where's the rest of the gang?

Inside Outlaw: Aw, who'd be so mean as to throw poor Kyle in the well? I didn't think practical jokes had any purpose, but you proved me wrong. "Don't get mad; get even" works in more than one situation, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
gin16

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Nebraska Wildfire:  I liked it.  Heyes shouldn't have questioned Kids' eyesight, he is really good with his gun.  Funny how things work out, them showing up when the people needed help with the haying.  Then getting saved because Kid saw the storm coming.  It was good of them to send the money back, it was easier for them go make more money than it was for the people to make more.  They are really good men.

Cal:  Those two!  Heyes comes up with these plans and Kid goes along with them because he trusts him.  I loved, "what are you, TEN"  But Heyes thought they should be his why?  Kid found the man and the boots.  I think that Kid liked hitting Heyes a bit too much.  Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Last edited by gin16 on Thu May 25, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cal

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon May 22, 2017 5:29 am

NB -

Sorry for the delay in feedback... I read this and loved it, as soon as it was posted... everyone's a bit slow off the mark this month... I was waiting for a few more challenges before writing.
.... haven't posted myself yet either.... ooops! 
Calx

a large cerulean bowl overhead  - that's an artists eye... I love cerulean blue ... and I'm under that sky. Loving Heyes with the hump (no sniggering...its Brit for 'a little grumpy') and the weather darkening as Kid picks at him... excellent. My eyesight is so awful...I'm always in awe of good eyesight too.... Kid's is legendary (I bet Ben wished his was too lol x) I'm wondering how long they'd have been getting that hay in.... long enough to make an impression on the Johnsons... I'm seeing Hugginesc tableau and music... "T'is a gift to be simple" anyone? ... so like the original series... my favourite time period. I liked the crank up in tension with the cyclone and the reprise of the eyesight banter... the ending just proved what pretty good bad men they are... I nearly wrote 'were' then... silly me! The boys are timeless.
Enjoyed that NB sun 1  ... excellent use of the prompt.
Back to top Go down
Nebraska Wildfire

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Cal:  I'm really enjoying this storyline.  I think the story works well with the gray bits you added to match this prompt.  I thought the references to Kansas and his father were a touching counterpart to the frantic nature of this story.  That said, I really like the the high sense of action and Heyes running amok until the promised plan materializes.

Thanks for the comments on my story.  I live where often on a clear day there is a cerulean bowl overhead.  I didn't think about the parallel to "The Posse that Wouldn't Quit."  I like Simple Gifts ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applause and Feedback   

Back to top Go down

Applause and Feedback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22