Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Help Wanted - Apply within

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Help Wanted - Apply within    Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:20 pm

So, any of you who've been in the chat room will know that I want to start writing a serious book once I finish my current series with IO.  I discussed asking someone else to be Admin, to free me up to work on it, and that wasn't received well, so I have decided to ask for help and ask for people to be moderators and take over some of the day to day admin, (such as word of the day and the picture challenge instead).  

I wasn't planning on leaving, just stepping back for a bit to work on my own stuff, but I equally don't want the board to fail, so I think moderators is a good way to go.  I've also said for ages that I'll re-write the Abi stories and re-post them once I've finished my current series.  They were the first thing I wrote and I've learned a lot since then, and I get asked for them all the time, so that is also something I need to do.  I'll be posting them on here whilst writing that book.

Any volunteers please PM me.  All help gratefully accepted. 

Oh, and I am not going anywhere.  I just have to write that book... Writing
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted - Apply within    Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 am

I think when you mentioned finding a new MAP, it sounded like you would withdraw almost completely from the forum and to be honest, it scared me a bit.

I guess I'm not too sure what the day to day tasks of MAP are. And it might scare people to take on such responsibility. I definitely don't feel up to it.

But I like the idea of rather finding people to help you with your workload.

As mentioned yesterday, I'd be happy to take on the picture challenge again. But please, give me time to come up with challenges and assemble more pictures first.
Maybe HannaHeyes would also like to post challenges?
I'm sure we could arrange something that someone else takes over when one person runs out of ideas.

It's great that you want to start on your book. You're such a good writer and 'plotter'. I would love to be able to see it one day in the book stores!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted - Apply within    Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 am

That's wonderful, Stepha3nie.  It'd be a great help.  Just to be clear we still have a few months to go on our serial, so it will be at least 3-4 months before people are needed to step in, and I'll be happy to fill in for holiday cover ect.  

In no way am I closing the place, I am simply planning for the future.

rainbow Danke rainbow
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted - Apply within    Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:54 pm

I wish I could help out, but I'm in the same boat as you, SK.  Working to get my series finished, and then on to re-writing and aggressively revising TOF.  That's going to be a lot of work in itself.

I really appreciate this site though.  I'm glad you're going to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted - Apply within    Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Well, more and more people are joining, so we must be doing something right.   It's always been led by the members and other people getting involved can only add to that.  I appreciate the though, Keays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted - Apply within    

Back to top Go down

Help Wanted - Apply within
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction  :: Board News :: Announcements-
Jump to: