Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cowboy Skiing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Cowboy Skiing   Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:47 am

I just saw something on TV I thought I should mention here: a report about a championship of cowboy skiing.

They showed a short film of (supposedly) rodeo cowboys, complete with cowboy hats and chaps, skiing down a slope with some jumps in it. 
The report also mentioned (and showed) that the championship included lassoing and saddling a horse while skiing downhill. They had to grab a lasso from a tripod along the way and try to catch a volunteer standing a little further down the slope.
The next obstacle was picking up a Western saddle while skiing past it, making a short stop next to a very (!) patient horse and try to swing the saddle on its back before skiing on through the finish.

It looked not too serious, and it seemed as if they had tons of fun!

IO, I couldn't help thinking of you - the championship is held in Colorado...

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy Skiing   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:06 pm

rabbit  Ooh!  Bunnies flodding into the room!   albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy Skiing   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

I googled it now. It's the Annual Cowboy Downhill in Steamboat, Colorado. In order to take part, you need to be a registered Professional Rodeo Cowboy or Bull Rider and need to be entered in the Denver Stock Show Rodeo (the Skiing event co-incides with the Denver Rodeo).

If you want to take a look, try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYnhV_-9_44

or this:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cowboy+steamboat+images&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhkvCO5bjKAhUGuxQKHUmWB-QQsAQIKA

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy Skiing   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:29 pm

I love going to the rodeo. There's one in Ellensburg here in Washington every year. But a rodeo on skiis? Wow! I'd like to see that. Colorado isn't that far away, after all. Right?

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy Skiing   Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 pm

This looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing. My aunt and I once had to drive about 100 miles outside of Denver until after midnight to find a place to stay that wasn't filled with cowboys and audience members for the high school championship rodeo, the biggest in the country. In the morning, I heard a couple of young men talking. One said, "I don't have nothing to do this morning but feed my horse." So I knew we hadn't outrun the cowboys yet.
HW
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy Skiing   Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Haven't made it to that one yet, but it looks like a fun time.  Those PBR boys are tough!.  Haha, I couldn't imagine trying to carry around my western saddle on a pair of skis.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy Skiing   

Back to top Go down

Cowboy Skiing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1