Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:46 pm

I have just entered my fanfiction story, 'Twist of Fate' into a writing contest over on http://www.inkitt.com/fandom2. Please drop in and read it, if you like to get into an epic tale.  That is if you haven't read it already!  You can also cast your vote if you think it's worthwhile. Keep in mind that I wrote this story four years ago, and my writing skills have greatly improved! This is just for fun. Still, votes would be nice. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:55 pm

I've tried to vote but the link hasn't come back to my email address to confirm No .  I've tried twice.  I'll try again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Oh brother.  Problems, problems.  I'll go check it out as well.  No reason why I can't vote for my own story.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:27 pm

I won't give up.  I'll vote. Bth thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Two others have voted, so it must work.  I trust your ingenuity in figuring it out!
Back to top Go down
Caroline McK

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Good Luck, Keays. I know how it feels to enter writing contests. The suspense can drive a person crazy. But keep this in mind...
You are already a winner 
Because you had the Courage and Belief in Yourself to enter 
Banana applause clapping applause clapping applause clapping applause clapping applause clapping applause Banana
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:07 pm

Voted!  Bth thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:24 pm

I voted, Keays. Your story is rising on the chart! Good luck!!

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Again, thank you everyone.  It does seem to be on the move.
Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Done. The link didn't work at first, because of the full stop, but once that was sorted, all was well.

It's a bit of a shame, that the contest seems to be more about who can mobilise the most people to vote, not about the quality of the story.
Is there no qualified jury selecting the winner?

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Yes, there is going to be that as well.  If any of the top stories are good enough, the writing site is offering to help edit it so that it can be published as a stand alone story.  Not sure I would go for that, if mine is selected, though.  It would depend on the contract.  I have no intentions of giving up creative rights on TOF, and I really don't think I need help editing it.  Other than the help I already have, of course.  If this site wants to do the final editing, once I have it the way I want it, I might consider letting them do that.

In the meantime, it's fun just to see where this goes.  I think, the closer it gets to the top of the list, the more new readers will be motivated to read it, so it will get more recognition that way.  It might even get some more writers joining us over here--who knows!
Back to top Go down
HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:42 pm

They asked me to enter, but I am no where near being finished. Even to stop where I am would take tons of revision for which I have no time. I respect you for being able to do this, Keays! Good luck!
HW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.   

Back to top Go down

Entered Twist of Fate into a writing contest.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1