Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aliases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caroline McK

PostSubject: Aliases    Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:29 am

When you chose your alias, was there already someone out there using it? Did you have to use a second or third choice? Did anyone object to your alias? 

I chose mine because it is more me than my real name (carol) and I have since found several Carolines in my family tree, so... I think I was meant to be Caroline all along and had to make it happen myself Very Happy . I did use it occasionally more than thirty years ago, but must admit that I use it often, even in the real world. 
I did find another Caroline on the first board I ever joined, that's why I added McK. 
No, Caroline Porter never came to mind when I chose my name.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Aliases    Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:40 am

If I had to choose again, I'd never have chosen Silverkelpie.  It's so unusual I don't think anyone else has it.  It was the nearest horsey think I could think of related to my Scottish roots.   cowboy 11

PostSubject: Re: Aliases    Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm terrible with aliases. Just can't think of anything witty, funny, ... I wish I had come up with something like InsideOutlaw. What a great nick.
So, I just stayed with something I have used for a long time. My name with a silent 3 slotted in.
It's an homage to Tom Lehrer, who, in an introduction to a song, mentioned a man called Henry. Only he was such an individual that he spelled it H e n 3 r y, with a silent 3.
I also appear in some places as Gan Ainm. It's simply the Irish Gaelic for "anonymous" (or "no name").

skykomish

PostSubject: Re: Aliases    Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:31 pm

My alias reflects my obsession with white water rivers.  The Skykomish is a beautiful blue-green river in western Washington state.  It runs through lovely country which, like the river itself, is wonderful to look at, but rough and dangerous.  Reminded me of a couple of outlaws.  Also, I like the sound of the word which is derived from a native American tribal name.  My avatar picture is a close up from a rapid on the Skykomish called Boulder Drop

riders57

PostSubject: Re: Aliases    Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Mine was because I'm terrible at aliases and my daughter was spending a lot of time in the stables (and me spending a lot of time driving her to and fro) and horse shows when I chose it.  The latter part is year of birth or age -- take your pick.  I also write under Nora Winters -- I just like the name Nora and it was Winter when I chose it.  Not very original but there you are.
Back to top Go down
Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Aliases    Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:15 pm

My alias derives simply from a word I liked, and since it was a western word, so much the better.  I wrote under it for a few years before deciding I wanted a separate nom de plume and went with Victoria Quynn after SK suggested it (had to insert a y instead of the usual 'i' because it was already taken on fan fic dot net).

PostSubject: Re: Aliases    

Back to top Go down

Aliases
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction  :: Discussions and Suggestions :: Discussions and Suggestions-
Jump to: