Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Deadly Document - Part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tabumin

Tabumin

The Deadly Document - Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:32 pm

It was a beautiful, sunny morning.  Breakfast was a quick affair, and the trio was soon on their way with Tara sitting behind Curry.  They rode in silence, each in their own thoughts.  Tara had not felt this safe in some time, certainly not since the death of her father.  Her arms loosely circled Curry’s torso, and the feel of him in front of her was comforting. 

She thanked her guardian angel for leading her to them.  They were handsome, and kind, and willing to help without asking for anything in return.  At least, they hadn’t yet.  They could have taken advantage of her the night before, she realized, but they had been perfect gentlemen.  And when she checked her bag this morning, everything was there, including the money.  They were trustworthy, she was sure of it.

The Deadly Document - Part 2 Z

Curry meanwhile was enjoying the feel of a woman’s arms around him.  It was a good morning, and he was sure Heyes would find a way to help Tara.  Heyes was unusually quiet as he rode slightly ahead, but Kid figured he was still working on what they were going to do.  He’d come up with something.  He always did.

Heyes was thinking; a plan was beginning to form and take shape.  There were still details to work out, but he’d get it.  He had never met a challenge he couldn’t trump; all he needed was time to sift through the situation and come up with the answer.  He looked over his shoulder; saw Tara’s arms around Kid and the smile on his face.  Then he swept the landscape.  Just in case.

The Deadly Document - Part 2 9k=

By late morning they came upon a good sized town.  While Curry put the horses to stable, Heyes and Tara entered one of the hotels where they booked two adjoining rooms overlooking the main street.  Tara requested a bath and then she and Heyes ascended the stairs to their respective rooms.

“Checked out the sheriff,” Kid said as he entered the room where Heyes lay on the bed, hands behind his head.  “No one we know.  Where’s Tara?”

“Next door.  Taking a bath,” Heyes added dryly as Curry turned towards her room.

“Oh,” Kid said sheepishly.  He dropped his saddlebags and sat down, and proceeded to clean his gun.  He watched Heyes lying there, apparently lost in thought.  Finally he could stand it no longer.

“So?  Heyes?  What’s the plan?”

“Well Kid, it seems to me the only way to save Tara from Strutford is to get him arrested for killing her father.”

“Makes sense,” his partner agreed slowly.  “And?”

“First we get his attention with something he wants.”  Heyes declared.

“The document?”

“Yep.”

“But we don’t know where it is, and neither does Tara.”  Kid said, puzzled.

“Strutford don’t know that, not for sure.”

“You’re right!” Kid grinned.  “That’s good Heyes!”

“He also might be a bit more cautious about going after her if he knows she’s got us on her side, and we’re willing to bargain with him.”  Heyes sat up and swung his legs off the bed, stood and stretched.  He walked to the window and looked out on the street.

“First we have to wait for him to show up.”

“I didn’t see anyone following us on the trail.”

“I don’t think you saw anything on the trail with Tara’s arms around you.”  Heyes said, earning a pained expression from Curry.  “I didn’t see anything either, Kid, but he’s coming.  You can bet on it.  And when he arrives, we’ll just have to meet this Mr. Strutford.”

That night the two men were nearly speechless when Tara flowed down the stairs to the dining room where they waited for her.  The transformation was amazing.  Her wavy dark hair was full and silky, and she had it combed in a way that quietly obscured her face and mostly hid her bruises.  She wore a simple but pretty lavender dress and a bright smile as she approached.

“Hello,” she greeted shyly.

“Hello!” Heyes and Curry chorused together.  Heyes frowned at Curry who simply grinned.
Heyes returned his attention to Tara.  “You look real nice.”

“You sure do,” Curry echoed.

“How are you feeling?” Heyes asked, offering her his arm.

“Much better,” she admitted.  “Thanks to you two.”  Curry offered his arm also, and she graciously accepted as they led her to a table.

The Deadly Document - Part 2 9k=

Throughout dinner she answered their questions about Michael Strutford; what did he look like?  What were his habits?  Heyes and Curry listened intently for anything they could use.

Strutford was a big, broad shouldered man with short, dark hair.  His face was chiseled with a slash of a mouth.  When he became agitated or nervous, he tapped his fingers or shook his leg.  She wasn’t sure how good he was with a gun, never saw him drink very much.  He did play poker, though she didn’t think he was very good at it, and her father had remarked once or twice that he was not a very good loser.

Heyes and Curry grinned.  Except for the bad loser part, he sounded like their kind of player.  Perhaps they could get him into a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.funandmoneytravel.com
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:59 am

Sounds like a Hannibal Heyes set up is in the works!

I wonder if Tera would still be feeling so trusting if she knew they had rummaged through her bag LOL!

Still, as she noted; they had been perfect gentlemen and on top of that, hadn't taken her money so if you have to trust someone, well a couple of reformed ex-outlaws just might be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
Tabumin

Tabumin

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Besides just looking at the two boys - how could you NOT trust them?  lol
Back to top Go down
Keays

Keays

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Oh I know!  Those big brown innocent eyes and that blue sparkle!  No wonder they were such good con men!
Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 8:06 am

Again, nice start. I liked the different viewpoints which showed where each of the characters stands. She's feeling safe (I agree - how could she not? Sigh), Kid enjoys female company (no double meaning!) and Heyes supports his distracted cousin by taking over his "duties" as well, planning and watching.
A Heyes plan in the making, a transformed ugly duckling and possibly some poker fun coming up. Nice!
Glad the boys refrained from tossing a coin in front of her. Wink I love how you keep them true to character - some writers turn Heyes into someone with no interest in women...
And I love your added pictures. It must have been a lot of work to find fitting images.

Silverkelpie

Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:42 am

Interesting that she checked her bag, but she has slipped into trust quickly based on their treatment of her and their behaviour.  She is right ; they could have robbed her and taken advantage.  So now a Hannibal Heyes plan is bubbling?  Oh, goody!  I love those.

Tabumin

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 5:02 pm

thanks everyone for your comments- hope you enjoy the rest of the story1

Steph - I always loved finding pictures that went with the stories - just makes me feel like they are right there with me when I was writing :)

Silverkelpe - LOVE that Scottish saying!  It really fits our boys, doesn't it !
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:42 am

This is building very nicely.  Heyes has a workable plan and Curry is happy to have Tara in his care.  I like the multiple viewpoints as it lets the reader understand each character's inner dialogue.  Your plot is plausible and well-laid out.  Good job!

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Tabumin

Tabumin

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks  InsideOutlaw!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deadly Document - Part 2   The Deadly Document - Part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Deadly Document - Part 2
Page 1 of 1