Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RosieAnnieUSA

RosieAnnieUSA

Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's Empty
PostSubject: Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's   Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:47 pm

This story from CBS News focuses on the ghost town of Bodie, California. Check out what was happening there in the 1870's, and some of the people who lived there. It gave me a few story ideas. Doesn't it sound like the kind of place where two pretty good bad men might visit?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-spectres-of-americas-ghost-towns/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Writing
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's   Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Interesting, RosieAnnie.
It's hard to imagine that a mining town can grow so quickly to such proportions. Also interesting that they say the women were among the big money-makers. A pity the article did not go into more detail (saloon girls, dance-hall girls, prostitutes,...).
It sure sounds like the boys' kind of place. 70 saloons, imagine all the poker games for Heyes...

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's   Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:25 am

Fantastic article, RosieAnnie. I love the iron lions supporting the pool table and the baby coffin with a window to show the face is a new one on me!
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's   Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's Empty

Back to top Go down

Bodie, California -- a ghost town now, but lively in the 1870's
Page 1 of 1