Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Day twenty-five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Day twenty-five   Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Wet and windy today but still managed to get done what we wanted to. Even crossed over the Erie Canal about three times.

Went back to the cemetery today as I wanted to leave my own little message for Peter. I thought it would be nice to take a picture of the backdrop here to give you a feel for the place. As I mentioned from the previous day, I could hear a dog barking in the fence but couldn't see it.

Well on this day, I saw them. There must have been at least six of them over there. It really does seem appropriate somehow

Finally found Peter's childhood home. We had some difficulty since Penfield Road splits and it's easy to get going in the wrong direction. Penfield is a very busy street now and as most of us know, the house has been converted into an office building. At least it is still standing and has this plaque set on the corner of the home.

Front of the house. Note the plaque on the right side next to the window.

Paul was not paying much attention until we walked around the side of the house and he spied these lead glass windows, one on either side of the chimney. All of a sudden he perked up as these windows are exactly like the ones on his childhood home that also set on either side of the chimney!

Note the two windows to the left, on either side of the chimney.

Back of the house. It was a very nice home. So glad to see it still standing.

Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-five   Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Great to see new pictures from you. It is interesting to see a bit more of the cemetery - I got the impression of a nice small town cemetery.
You are right, the dogs seem fitting - horses (well, statues) where he lived, dogs where he rests...
The house looks like a great place to grow up in. Is there information, which room was Peter's?
But it looks like you could do with some better weather. Hope you will get more sunshine!

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-five   Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:16 pm

No idea which room was Peter's, Steph.  And I'm sure the whole house has been renovated.  If anyone knows Geoff, maybe he could help with that.

Today was beautiful and sunny, but windy.  Fall is in the air!

I still have lots to post from Niagara Falls etc., but we are both pretty tired these days and are focused mostly on getting home now.  I will post as I can.  MAYBE I'll see you all on chat this coming Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Niekx

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-five   Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:44 am

Hi Keays,

What a wonderful trip you are having! I just logged in for the first time yesterday after I got back from mine, so I still have to read back the rest. At least you have better luck with your Wifi.

Talk to you on Sunday perhaps? Would be great if you can join again.
And thank you for those pictures, it is like we are there too ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-five   Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 am

Unfortunately I accidentally removed most of the pictures from earlier in the trip.  If you want to go to my facebook page you can get all of it there.  I'd repost them here but it takes sooooo long to download them onto Photobucket that I just don't want to do it.  Hopefully you can see them on fb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-five   

Back to top Go down

Day twenty-five
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1