Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Niekx

PostSubject: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Dear all,

How good it feels to be back again. As some of you know I was very happy to travel to Canada after being ill in the spring. It was a wonderful trip, but unlike our trip the UK, the aftermath with its jetlag etc was a bit too much for my health. Since I simply refuse to be ill for long, I am back in business. YAH!

I was looking forward reading all the challenge stories based on my prompt, but I still have to do that now then. Gratulations to Hannah!

We did have internet from time to time during our travels, but not stable enough to join the chat or send messages. Actually my husband didn't mind, because he likes to go on vacation "smog free" (read: no computers). Well he certainly got that. 

Therefor I will post two memorable pictures of our trip. One of our balcony view (hope it blents in with the fall colours of the site) and the other of someone we met up-close and personal!

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Welcome back Niekx! Love the pictures. Glad to hear you're doing well!
(And thanks by the way) ;)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh, the pictures are beautiful, with the hints of autumn creeping in. I hope your sister was suitably surprised to see you? Welcome back and I look forward to your comments and writing (hint, hint) Welcome back
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Thank you for the pictures. I wouldn't mind to have this kind of view from my window. Just love the autumn colours. And I hope you did not get too close and personal with your new friend - I've heard they can get somewhat excitable...
Hope you're really doing well and not just going back to work! And have fun reading!

Niekx

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Is 5 meters close enough Stepha3nie? I did hope while walking the trail that I would see a Moose, so no complaining that I got what I asked for, but this close was a bit scary. It is rut season after all...

Yes, Yes MAPpie I will get started (grumble, grumble...you show your face once...grumble, grumble...already pressure...grumble...where are the bunnies when you need one...grumble, grumble.... rendeerkidding).

My sister had the surprise of her life. She never expected I would dare make the journey, so she was all shook up. It was great fun to also be there for my godsons birthday. As a present we went shopping for fishing gear. I know all about that now....hmmm...inspiration...scratch

Oh and I forgot to mention. I visited the Devil's Hole of the Niagara river, passed Lobo's workshop and visited a town where the mayor's name is Kyle and he hopes to win the next election.....needless to say, I missed your good company, but was compensated accordingly Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Devil's Hole, Kyle, Lobo...! The fates are prodding you too, Niekx. It's a sign. cowboy 14
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Sheesh, 5 meters? You sure do live on the edge...  I have been this close to red deer, but that was on horseback and most definitely not during rutting season (and the horse could be pretty fast when he wanted to). Eye to eye neck (?) with a moose - just goes to show, you should be careful what to ask for. But what an experience!
Fishing gear and inspiration? We know the boys love fishing. Maybe they get hired to lead a fishing party (instead of hunting party) from the East? And the dudes get annoyed because the boys catch more with sticks and string (and the right kind of lure) than the dudes with their expensive equipment?
ASJ seems to be everywhere. Devil's Hole, Lobo and Kyle. That's so funny.
hmmm - maybe the gang is low on food supplies and money (and ammo) and Heyes organises a fishing contest?

RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Congratulations on your return to good health and enjoying a wonderful trip to Canada. The fall colors are breathtaking. It's great to have you back! 

Welcome back
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 am

Welcome back, Niekx! Your picture of the moose brings back the memories. I used to live in Alaska and they were often in our yard. Yes, we had quite a few affraid  moments, as well.

Last edited by Javabee on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Back!   Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:15 am

Great pictures!  Sounds like you had a great time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back!   

Back to top Go down

Back!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1