Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Day twenty-four

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Day twenty-four   Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Heading for Penfield, New York.
It seems that Vancouver isn't the only city to have toll highways. Got onto the Philadelphia Turn Pike and we ended up having to pay tolls and three different places. Not much but still, what a bother. Once we passed into New York the 'rest areas' became 'service areas' and these not only have restrooms, but fast food cafe's and gas stations as well. Good idea. Also have warning signs along the highway; 'text stop'. In other words, don't text and drive, pull into this convenient text stop and do it then. Haven't seen this anywhere but here.
Of course the colours on the tress a beautiful and it isn't even full blown Fall yet. Also the weather could have been nicer. Over-cast skies mute the colours and nice pictures are hard to get. I was feeling concerned that it would begin to rain before I got to the cemetery and paid my respects. Wouldn't that be a kick--all these years later and it pours rain! Fortunately that didn't happen. The sun came out and stayed for quite a while although it was fairly windy. The rain didn't start until we went for supper.

Another nice stone home when leaving Warminster

The sun trying to come out and we can see some of the Fall colours coming through.

Again, a bit blurry. But here we go.

Windy and over-cast. Afraid it's going to rain. Hills of trees opening up into farm land and pastures.

Some swamp land as we get closer to Rochester.

It says Penfield in case you were wondering.

Okay, here we are. Isn't that interesting; I'm in the reflection.

Some water on Peter's plaque, but we all know what it says.

I did this a second time with another flower to honour the infant, Jennifer. Even though she is not buried here, she was a part of this family and had a very profound effect upon it.

Some items left by other visitors.

This was a very comfortable cemetery and very nicely kept. It was quite windy so that was distracting but otherwise, a pleasant visit. Again, there was a dog barking from somewhere and it seemed appropriate somehow.  Still, I have to admit that though I'm glad that I finally got here, I felt closer to Peter at his Fuller Ave apartment.  It felt like a much happier place and his presence was felt there more than here or at the Glen Green.
Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-four   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:16 am

Thank you Keays.
Made me glad to hear you say you felt his presence more at the Fuller apartment, a place he liked, where he was alive and happy, than at the cemetery.
It is touching that there still always seem to be new, beautiful gifts. I wonder how often the caretakers need to make room and what is done with all the pictures and other objects. I wonder if the most recent visitors from the UK went to Penfield due to the recent showing of ASJ here.
Hope the weather gets better, so you get autumn colours in full glory.

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-four   Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:36 am

Good point Steph.  The showing in the UK has certainly brought Peter back into peoples hearts and minds again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day twenty-four   

Back to top Go down

Day twenty-four
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1