Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

October - Bump in the night

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

October - Bump in the night Empty
PostSubject: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Ok, I'll give it a go. And being in a contrary mood, I felt inclined to interpret the topic in a way it was probably not intended.

Heyes woke up with a start.
There was the noise again.
And again, and again...

Banging on the wall to the adjacent room he complained: "Will you keep it down, Kid! Some of us are trying to sleep!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 pm

clapping
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
riders57

riders57

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:30 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Javabee

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Hmmmm. Maybe this should have been posted in the adult section.

Wink

Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:55 am

I am still working on my "proper" challenge story, but it just doesn't want to come along. So, in the meantime, I wrote this short bit. Looks like I am only good for extreme stories this month - way over 4000 words - or extremely short ones. 
Wink

A campsite at night.
Kid Curry groaned. He should have known better than to drink too much coffee last evening. There was no help for it, he had to answer nature’s call. Still sleepy he silently made his way towards the trees, when suddenly his foot encountered a soft, furry obstacle. Before the famous, lightening-fast Curry reflexes had a chance to kick in, the Kid and the furry obstacle had exchanged positions.
“Dammit Coffee,” sounded the angry yell of the flattened ex-outlaw who had managed to land on the only stone in the clearing, “@%!$*@, &@#*!%#” while the large, dark brown dog, so rudely awakened, stared accusingly down at him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Lol, Yes. You will always land on the only hard object. October - Bump in the night 1853412454

As far as editing is concerned this quote from Don Roff should help. “I've found the best way to revise your own work is to pretend that somebody else wrote it and then to rip the living shit out of it.”

Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Murphy's Law, MAP.
I am glad that I managed to finally finish a follow up (however short) to my "Coffee" story.

The editing advice sounds good. I had a similar approach at work for important emails of documents: Write it, let it sit a while, read it, discard it, write a new one. Then pretend I am the recipient and correct accordingly, check for anything that might be unclear or could be misunderstood, make sure everything follows a logical order,...

Stepha3nie

Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:26 am

This month the bunnies were really active for me. Lots of very different bunnies. So here's another short take:

She stared out the window at the landscape bathed in moonlight. Hoping to see him, knowing she wouldn’t. Her hand moved to her belly, the light swelling hardly noticeable yet.

‘Will you ever get to know him? I hope you’ll have his eyes, like large pools of chocolate, and his dimpled smile, which can light up a room. I already love you, little one, and so will he, if he ever returns.’

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:40 am

Oh, very suspenseful and sad. clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October - Bump in the night   October - Bump in the night Empty

Back to top Go down

October - Bump in the night
Page 1 of 1