Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Day Twenty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Day Twenty   Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Day twenty
Williamsburg, Virginia. Now this is an impressive place. Totally commercial and yet still very interesting.

Some of the scenery in Virginia

Colonial Williamsburg. The whole town is set up in period architecture with stores and taverns of the time.

Our guide for going through the governor's mansion

To my surprise we were permitted to take pictures inside the mansion. So I did.

One of the many skits going on in town concerning the major issues of the time, Like the rising cost of products etc.

A horse brought out for auction. He is apparently an American Cream Draft. New breed to me, but a very amiable fellow. He ended up going to the war effort in exchange for a barrel full of tobacco.  Of course that was just in fun. Next day I saw him grazing out in his pasture along with the other 'actor' horses.

One of the numerous carriage rides through town.

Being called for dinner at 'Josiah's Tavern'

Live music with dinner.

Really nice meal. Getting ready for our dessert sampler. Ate too much again! I'm really going to have to get to the gym once we get home!

Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Day Twenty   Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 am

Wow, Keays. What a fantastic, interesting holiday. I would love to live in a place like this - an entire town doing living history. And it looks like everybody is enjoying it - visitors and actors. It seems they provide true insight into what life was like back then.
If that is a dessert sampler... Looks delicious! And aren't holidays a time to indulge?

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Day Twenty   Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 am

These pictures are really bringing back the memories, Keays. When my kids were little we lived in Virginia for a year. My husband and I took them to Williamsburg. I remember visiting the  Governor's Mansion. There was a cookhouse out back and a shrubbery maze, as I recall. Loved the skits and how authentic it was.  Wonderful place to visit. We also went to Jamestown and Mt. Vernon. It looks like you are having a wonderful trip!

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day Twenty   Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks Steph!  Yes, if you can't indulge on your vacation then when can you?  And we are indulging!  It is fun though.

Both of us are getting a bit 'battlefielded out' at this point.  We were going to do The Brrandywine next but have decided to push on after Gettysburg.  Might not even stay here too long.

It is a neat place JavaBee.  And there are private residences right in the town.  I could see myself living here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Twenty   

Back to top Go down

Day Twenty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1