Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Day seven

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Day seven   Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Next day all three of us went out for a champagne brunch in Topanga Ca. at a very nice little restaurant called 'Inn of the 7th Ray'. Really nice place, and of course we all ate too much.
This evening was spent quietly, me on the computer, Paul watching 'Homeland' and Caroline working on her lines. She had both an actual job on set and an audition to prepare for all in this coming week.
The following day we left Paul at home again, and we ladies went off to run some errands and do some shopping. We even got lost and ended up circling LAX and driving right past her place again in order to get to where we wanted to go. She's only been in LA a year and hasn't gotten that town down pat yet. I think you would have to be a born native of LA to get it down pat at all.

Here's Caroline doing the actress thing. LOL!

There was actually a children's birthday party going on here at the time and of course we concerned that it was going to be noisy.  To our surprise it was not bad and the children all behaved quite well.  I think the choice of restaurant was chosen more for the parents' benefit that the children's enjoyment.

Last edited by Keays on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day seven   Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Day nine

Day 9 and we are hitting the road again. Thanks for putting us up Caroline! I had a really great time running amok with you again. You realize of course that we would still be camped out at your place if it wasn't for the fact that you had to get back to work! On the other hand, I think Paul was itching to get out of LA! Tag! You're it. You have to come to our place next time.
Here is an outside shot of Caroline's bungalow. We figure it's about the same size as Peter's Fuller Ave apartment, but at least she has the place all to herself. I wanted to get some inside shots so that I could make some money selling them on the internet after she becomes famous, but she wouldn't let me until she'd had a chance to clean up! I'm holding you to that promise Caroline. You'll send pictures, right!?
Anyway, here goes. Heading for Barstow. It's just a short drive today as we wanted to have dinner at 'The Idle Spurs', so we really weren't too concerned about burning up the miles. Heading up the highway here we are going through the 'San Bernadino National Forest'. I kid you not. And of course here we have 'The Mojave River' and the sign to prove it.
Coming in to Barstow there is no denying that the town isn't doing too much. Kind of sad seeing these old abandoned homes and there were plenty of them around. Still, once you get into the downtown area you can see that there is still some sign of life. Then of course, 'The Idle Spurs' steak house. One of the best we've ever come across. Almost worth a drive into California all on it's own.

Caroline's bungalow

Heading out of town

Back to the desert

San Bernardino National Forest.

Speaks for itself.

Outskirts of Barstow

Downtown

Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Day seven   Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Days 7/8:
What a lovely-looking restaurant.
Good to know that there are still well-behaved children around (I guess it is really down to good parents). I still have vivid memories of a child throwing food through a restaurant, while the parents looked on with expressions I could only read as "Isn't the little darling cute and adorable?"
Your friend Caroline seems to be quite a woman. Hope the audition went well.
As for having LA down pat - imagine being a cab driver in LA before satnavs... I wonder how many years they had to study street names and routes.
Even though I usually have quite a good sense of orientation when driving and the town where I live is a tad smaller than LA (population given for 2011 census ranges from around 5000 to around 25000 - probably because the town straddles several parishes, one of which originally even belonged to a different county...) I have been known to occasionally find myself somewhere completely unexpected. This usually happens when I drive on "autopilot", or when I happily chat away with a passenger (passengers are a rare occurrence for me). Once I even found myself on the wrong motorway (on M4 a few miles north of town, instead of on M3 a few more miles south of town).
I guess what I am trying to say is, I think your friend is doing well with her driving.

Day 9:
Wow, Barstow really doesn't look very inviting, even the downtown pics. But driving a long way for an outstanding restaurant or some exceptional dish - that I can understand. I once drove over 500 km because I felt like eating a certain dish. It turned into a weekend trip, including walking/climbing to the top of a mountain in the Alps in the same clothes and shoes I had worn at the office the day before...
Looking at the picture of Paul - that looks like a proper glass of beer, reminds me of Bavarian "Mass" (holding 1 L).
Can you imagine, waitresses at the Munich Oktoberfest are expected to be able to carry 8 to 10 full ones in their hands? An empty Mass weighs in at 1.3 kg plus 1 kg beer. The female world record holder is an over 50 year old waitress at the Munich Oktoberfest who manages 19 full Mass (approx 44 kg) only using her hands when serving, the male record holder carried 24 full Mass (approx 55 kg) for a distance of 40 m, again only using his hands.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day seven   Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:54 am

Wow! I hope Paul wasn't driving after that beer. Looks like you're having a great time Party 8
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day seven   

Back to top Go down

Day seven
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction  :: Discussions and Suggestions :: Questions and Banterings-
Jump to: