Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Day Five, Los Angeles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Day Five, Los Angeles   Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:40 am

Finally heading towards Los Angeles. Getting closer to the ocean we can really feel the temperature going down and much of the area is filled in with fog. It doesn't last long though and soon we have a clear view of the ocean again. It's strange seeing such a contradiction in the landscape; the ocean side is lush and green while the desert side is just that, desert. Some lovely homes all along the way of course. Passing by Santa Barbara, El Capitan Beach, and Ventura Beach. Turn away from the ocean again and heading more inland and getting hot once more. We can tell we are getting close to LA as the traffic is really beginning to build.
Noticed that there are a lot of memorial signs on the highways commemorating the CHiP's officers who have died out there in the line of duty. What gives with that? Do motorist actually aim for them? Geez, must be a very dangerous job.
Also noticed some interesting company signs go by. One was a truck loaded down with hay and the company's name was 'Haul'n Oats'. Another one that caught the eye was 'Lickity Split Firewood'. Very successful names if someone with my memory can remember them.
Finally got to Caroline's place in Culver City LA and got some pics of the typical garden in California.

Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Keays, thanks again for sharing your journey with us. But how come we seem to be several days behind here (compared to FB)?

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Sorry about that Steph.  I know I'm behind but it's mainly because Photobucket has been giving me a lot of trouble lately.  Really slow uploading.  Today was much better so I am trying to get caught up.  Nothing personal.
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Got settled in at Caroline's place and spent the evening catching up on old times. Next day we left Paul to study and watch TV while Caroline and I went out on a mission.  For those of you who haven't seen these yet, here is a bit of a treat. We were able to track down both residences where Peter lived during his time in Los Angeles. We were not able to gain access to the Glen Green house as the current occupants were not at home, but we did get the chance to speak to a neighbour. He pointed out the garage across the street where the fateful bullet was found although this gentleman did get the facts wrong. He said that two bullets were fired that night and that Peter missed the first time and that this is the bullet that ended up across the street. What actually happened of course is that only one bullet was fired (I mean, really. How do you point a gun at yourself and then miss?) and that bullet passed through Peter's skull, out the window and then ended up in the garage. Only one bullet was fired that night.

One thing that we noticed that was kind of interesting is that at the corner of both Glen Green and Fuller Ave, there were sculptures of horses. We all know what a horse person I am, and so was Peter to some degree and it almost seemed as though the horses were pointing the way for us.

Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:47 pm

This in Glen Green, also showing the garage across the street. I suppose we should be thankful that he did the deed so early on New Year's Eve day so the risk of him inadvertently hitting anyone else was practically nil

Back to top Go down
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:44 am

I had begun to wonder if you had some technical problems with the forum, glad it is only photobucket. Thank you again for sharing these pictures and taking the time to keep us updated. Seeing the pictures of the horse statues made me feel glad for some reason. And how wonderful for you to be allowed into the Fuller Apartment, you look so happy in the picture outside the former bedroom. I can imagine it as a place to keep you grounded and happy, even though it does not appear to look its best at the moment.
In contrast, the pictures of the Glen Green house do nothing to dispel my original feeling about the place ever since seeing pictures of it for the first time. It seems like a dark place, not happy. Maybe it is just the dark wood paneling, or the knowledge of what a bad time Pete must have had there.

Hope you will continue to have a very special holiday with lots of beautiful things happening and lots of fun.

Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:57 am

I'll say it again, thanks for posting these. It' so nice the owner let you in to look around. Travel safe.

Keays

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:58 am

I agree Steph.  Fuller Ave felt very comfortable and relaxed and I can understand why Peter did not want to leave it.  Glen Green, though a much nicer house seemed gloomy.  It could very well be due in part to what went on there, leaving 'bad vibes' behind or something.  Who knows.  I'm just pleased that I was able to get around to seeing both of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Five, Los Angeles   

Back to top Go down

Day Five, Los Angeles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1