Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Keays' trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keays

PostSubject: Keays' trip   Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 am

Okay, here we go.  Day one.  I didn't even think to get my camera out for the first day until we actually started driving through Seattle.  Then it occurred to me that many of you are not familiar with North America ie; the west coast so I started taking pictures.  I'll try to get some shots of Seattle on the way back if this is the route we end up taking.  Anyway, here is a shot of the Tacoma Dome which is of course, in Tacoma Washington.

It started out as a chilly, overcast and drizzly day.  A good time to be heading south.

Carrying on through Washington.  Still a chilly overcast day.

Coming across the border into Oregon.  At least the drizzle has stopped.

Coming into Portland.  Hi Beth!

Some city scapes in Portland.

Finally the weather begins to break and we have sunshine.  Coming out of Portland the scenery begins to change as well.  Less green and more flat lands.  Lots of farms, horses, Black Angus, sheep and dust devils. A lot of eagles!

Passing by Eugene, Oregon

The landscape begins to change again and becomes greener and more rugged.  Reminds me of driving through British Columbia; very similar terrain.  Lots of wineries around here which I suppose shouldn't be too surprising since the area is very similar to the interior of my home province and we have lots of wineries there!

Spent a lot of time climbing up into the mountains, then reaching the summit and coming back down again.  As mentioned before; a lot of changes in the scenery as you drive through the state.  First mountains, then flat farm land then mountains again, then high desert.  The full spectrum.

We were planning on getting as far as Northern California tonight, but that didn't happen.  Were going to aim for Ashland but then we got stopped by this!  Turned out it was a very nasty accident and though no one was killed, there were two fellows sitting on the embankment beside their crushed up car, looking a little worse for wear.  Ended up staying in Medford instead as it was getting late by the time we cleared the accident.

I'm not that impressed with Medford as it is not a very pretty town, but we went for dinner at McGrath's Fish House and I must admit that made up for a lot.  Very good restaurant and good wine too!

Heading for Solvang, California tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Keays' trip   Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:23 am

Okay, I'm totally lost as to why these pictures showed up more than once.  Anyway early days, hopefully the postings will be better as we go along!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keays' trip   Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:55 am

I'm jealous already. The freedom of the open road and that feeling of setting off on a trip! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Stepha3nie

PostSubject: Re: Keays' trip   Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 am

Oh Keays, it's like you are taking us along with you. Thank you!
Drizzle and queues aside, setting off on a journey and taking things as they come has its own kind of magic.

Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Keays' trip   Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks for taking us along, Keays!  I'm pining for a long road trip, although I've a shorter one coming up soon.  In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you.  :)

PostSubject: Re: Keays' trip   

Back to top Go down

Keays' trip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1