Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Looking for missing stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvaHanley

PostSubject: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:04 am

I would like to start a new thread to sollicit your collective wisdom in trying to identify missing stories, as discussed in the last chat.

I have read a story two-three months ago where the boys are being followed and finally take under their wings a young boy whose family has been killed. It turns out that the boy is actually a woman whose husband had been maimed by the Kid during a showdown and she seeks revenge by having them arrested. At the end, touched by their kindness she decides on tje contrary to help them escape. Does any of you remember the title and author of the story and where it can be found ?
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 am

Sorry, Eva, this does not ring a bell with me. Any clue which site you found it on?

EvaHanley

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:37 am

I really cannot remember. Certainly not fanfiction.net (I already checked), but it was a site that was still active early February this year, when I found the story. I am really new to fanfiction and have only started reading early this year, but at the beggining I didn't think of noting down or archiving the stories that I enjoyed and I regret that now.
Back to top Go down
Remuda

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:59 am

Eva, your mentioning of the boy who was really a woman rang a bell.  Is this the one?

http://asjfanfiction.wikifoundry.com/thread/5095356/Comments+for+By+Hook+or+By+Crook

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:52 am

No, no Harry Briscoe or any other known characters. What I do remember is at the beginning of the story the two of them in the trail, feeling someone is watching/following them and it is this "boy" who pretends his family has been killed. Also, at the end of the story she tells HH  that it was the husband who had challenged the Kid and that KC had no choice. I am pretty sure it was not on a virtual season site but cannot remember any more details Embarassed
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:39 am

Okay gang. I've been trying since last night to figure out where a story is. I think someone on this board wrote it. I've searched but may have just overlooked it. What I can remember is Heyes and Kid are in jail and they're going to be stuck there for a month or so and the townswomen start bringing them blankets and pillows, making them comfortable, and even have the sheriff let them out to exercise. I hope someone remembers it because it is driving me crazy confused

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:02 am

I think I remember that one. They're in jail, but only afterwards Heyes especially charmed ladies with his education. The ladies of the town keep bringing books, blankets, even furniture after a while. They can't believe that these two fine gentlemen, Smith and Jones, could be outlaws. Eventually, the ladies refuse the romantic advances of their partners -- this is based on an ancient Greek story that was mentioned earlier in story -- and the men of the town demand the sheriff release S & J. Is that the one you're thinking about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 am

Based on Lysistrata? I think that was one of Max's. She has her own stories at http://calicoasjstories.wordpress.com
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:26 pm

That's the one. I'll go look for it. Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 am

OK, I have an odd request... I'm looking for stories written by EW. Her name is Eleanor ? and I remember her from a few older sites. She is a Pete fan and I very much want to read Retribution again. It's been a few years, so... I realize it may not exist anymore, but I'd be grateful for any lead.  Thanks in advance, CM
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:16 am

Hi Caroline,

She is on Beejay's site under the name of EleanorW. This is a link to her story:

http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?sid=26908
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Caroline McK

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:38 pm

I have another story that I am looking for. This one is a Santa Marta story, but in it Heyes gets thrown into jail too and the "execution" is played out. Heyes is not allowed any contact with Kid beforehand and had no knowledge of the plan of the alcalde. The execution was for show only, no real bullets but Heyes had no knowledge of that.
I have no idea where I found this one, nor any ideas for who wrote it. It has been a few years since I've read it, but have been "haunted" by it lately. 

Many thanks in advance, C M
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi SK,
 Unfortunately, no. The one I am searching for is definitely a Santa Marta story. I did check out your suggestion and gave it a quick read just to be sure.
I wish I could remember more details about the site or the author.

C M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for missing stories   

Back to top Go down

Looking for missing stories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1