Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Weather Banterings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:33 am

Okay, so we got a foot of snow and it's -5 this morning (and we live in a warm spot).  My sarcastic BFF from Bend, Oregon, just sent me the following.  I'm sure the boys at Devil's Hole could relate!:

WYOMING POEM

It’s winter in Wyoming and the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Wyoming
When the snow is up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I’ll hang around.
I could never leave Wyoming
‘cuz I’m frozen to the ground.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:50 am

I love this, IO! I could easily see some member of the Devil's Hole Gang composing this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Insideoutlaw,

I love this. We have no snow here but I'm starting to feel Christmassy because we had a shopping day today and came home to this. It's certainly getting seasonal and I think it's time to get the tree up. freezing cold Candle 

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 pm

That is funny. I saved it! No snow here yet either, but clear and cold. It's hard to tell in the Pacific Northwest if we are even going to get snow. Some winters we haven't had any and others we get dumped on. Then we all start complaining if it doesn't disappear after a couple of weeks. We are so adapted to the rain here that snow just throws us all into turmoil!
Back to top Go down
countryrosie

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:08 pm

I can relate to the snow but as we don't have snow yet here in Kansas where I live we do have the cold weather. Just the other day it was 60 degrees out and now today it's 12 above with a wind chill of -5. Got to love winter
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Loved the poem, IO. When I got up to go to work today the bottled water I had left in my car was an ice cube, frozen solid. Freezing but sunny and clear, lovely winter day here in Seattle.  Keays is right, if we get snow there will be turmoil because no one around here knows how to drive in it and the road crews are not prepared.

HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Great poem! You have an ice poem, IO? We've got plenty here, and little equipment for dealing with it. I've got my fingers crossed that I won't lose power, since it will be in the teens tonight. I remember when it happened last Christmas and it took them forever to deal with it. I hope everyone is warm and safe in snow and ice country. Remember snow country? Hope nobody gets snowed in all winter, although some parts of that company might be worth it.
HW
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:58 am

We've got a foot of snow in the city of Chicago, and more coming down. Anybody else out there having a snow day? East coast of the U.S., maybe?
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:45 pm

It's bright and cold here in Colorado.  More snow would be great for us but we won't get any until the weekend.  Be careful.  Cities and snow are an unholy mix.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:28 pm

I was out driving for about an hour and a half. Luckily, the main roads are in good shape. Still snowing, though. We definitely got a foot of snow already.
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:41 pm

RosieAnnie, I lived in Waukegan just north of you for a few years. The winters I had in Waukegan were the most severe that I have ever had, freezing cold wind and drifts of snow that covered the door to my house.

I lived in Alaska and Montana for several years so I have something to compare it to! I hope you won't experience anything like that this winter!

Java

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:53 pm

freezing cold  Stay safe and warm folks!  I hope it's not too severe.   rainsmiley
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
HelenWest

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Hang in there safe and warm, all you folks in the weather's way. It's fine here.
HW
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Yes, fine here too.  Just raining now but that's better than snow.
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:02 pm

The snow finally stopped here. We've got 12" on the ground in the city, but some of my facebook friends in the suburbs have reported 20" plus.

The next problem will be temperatures. It's 6 degrees above zero right now -- that's Fahrenheit, not Centigrade. The National Weather Service says that the highs on Monday and Tuesday may stay below zero.

freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold  freezing cold
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:14 pm

As of tonight/Saturday, we're getting another 8"-11" of snow.    affraid 

Then, the temperatures drop. The "high" on Monday will be about 10 below zero Fahrenheit. The massage school I work for is closing Monday and Tuesday, strictly because of the cold.  No 

But we won't have it the worst. We heard today that the State of Minnesota has closed all public schools statewide. They're expecting high temperatures early next week in the minus 20's Fahrenheit.  pale 

As for me, I've got a warm cat  cat , lots of kitty litter and canned food, an unopened bottle of red wine  Drink , and a story in progress. I may have a little cabin fever, but hey, maybe it'll be fodder for a story.  freezing cold

I hope all of you affected by this wonderful weather take good care of yourselves. If you're stuck inside, you can always write!  Writing
Back to top Go down
riders57

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:20 pm

As we endure, or brace for, yet another winter storm here (depending on where we live in the South or east coast), just wanted to send best wishes for all of you across the Atlantic, who have also been enduring.  I see England and Wales are currently being battered with a storm with wind gusts up to 110 mph.  flood  (this flood smiley may or may not be working)  May you all stay dry and safe.  And may the folks on this side stay safe and warm (and with power).
   freezing cold
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Goodness, what is up with the weather at the moment?  You are freezing your butts off over the pond and we're flooding and even getting railways being washed away over here!  I do hope that everyone stays safe and warm.  Best wishes to you and yours, wherever you may be! freezing cold   flood  flying umbrella
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Bluebelle

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:38 pm

I can't believe the weather at the moment and there seems to be no end in sight.  You take care of you and yours, wherever you are.    Group Hug
Back to top Go down
Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 pm

I have been watching the news and feel for all the flooded people.  And all you in the USA be safe in all that ice too! freezing cold
Back to top Go down
Cimarron

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Ice storms, gale force winds and floods?  I hope everyone stays safe and well!  Thinking of you all as the cold closes in.
Back to top Go down
Mustangjan

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:18 pm

It never seems to warm up in the USA and it never seems to dry up over here.  Take care everyone!  All around the River Thames people are helplessly watching the waters rise while the South West just gets wetter and wilder by the moment.  What a start to the year!  I hope it gets better soon.   freezing cold  flood
Back to top Go down
Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:24 pm

This weather is keeping me very busy at work, so just dropping (or should that be dripping) in to hope that you all stay safe dry and warm before I wade through floodwaters to make sure that no vulnerable people are trapped in flooded homes.  Take care wherever you are. Group Hug
Back to top Go down
Keays

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Oh my; everyone does seem to be having a hard time.  Take care.  flying umbrella
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Hunkeydorey, you bring the work of the emergency services into perspective at times like this.  You stay safe and well and thanks for all the work you do.  I know it is very easy for the public to underestimate the work of people like you.  clapping

PostSubject: Re: Weather Banterings   

Back to top Go down

Weather Banterings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next