Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Looking for a Beta Reader for a longer story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caroline McK

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Beta Reader for a longer story   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:58 pm

I would like a beta for a slightly longer story than my usual. This story was partially posted on another site, but I have found it too painful to work there. 
This story does have a few bugs, but I would like to maintain the overall body and essence of the story without losing everything to please the persoon who is willing to beta.
The story essentially has two parts, and while I am stubborn about making changes simply to do so, I know that the first part is where most of the bugs live. 
I need someone that can be patient with me as I make the changes, and work with me to make the story better without making it into something that I don't recognize.
Can anyone help me?
Back to top Go down
Fiona Nc An Airchinnigh

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Beta Reader for a longer story   Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:22 pm

I'll happily beta, if that's the correct term, any story if it would help. I'm a horrible pedant who is, I'm told, terrifyingly literate, with a good eye for grammar and punctuation.  I don't know how these things work though. :)
Back to top Go down
RosieAnnieUSA

PostSubject: Looking for a Beta Reader for a longer story   Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 pm

I'm working on a story that originally started as a challenge entry on another site. Since then, it's grown just a bit -- currently a little over 21,000 words, and it's way far from done. This is the longest story I've ever worked on, and therefore, I'm asking for a little help.

Some questions I'd like answered about this story:
-- Does it make sense? Is it logical?
-- Is it overwritten? Underwritten? Are there enough details along the way, or too many?
-- Is it easy to follow, or confusing?
-- Is it interesting?

I'd also appreciate someone pointing out where I may have used the same words, adverbs, identifiers, descriptions, etc., and keep me from repeating myself. Sometimes, editing my own work, I find that the characters are doing so much nodding, smiling, nodding and smiling, shaking their heads, etc., that it's a miracle that their heads don't roll clean off. I've edited along the way, and think I've caught quite a few of these repetitions, but there are probably more that I've missed.

There is a road map for this story. I know where it's going to end. I just have to get there. Boy is it turning out to be a long story. Something of this length is totally new for me. Let me know if I'm on the right track, or wildly off.

Only once before have I asked someone to Beta one of my stories, and it was something much, much shorter. I'm not approaching this person directly again because I know that she has an awful lot going on in her Real Life. You know who you are!! Very Happy 

Please send me a private message if time is hanging heavy on your hands, and your editorial skills need some exercise.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunartidemassageandangeltherapy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Beta Reader for a longer story   

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Beta Reader for a longer story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1