Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 am

It didn't take long for Heyes to figure out how the man was cheating. Every time the man had the deck, he would sway slightly as he dealt. By itself, this was not a sure sign he was false dealing, but combined with the particular snapping sound that accompanied his dealing, Heyes knew he was witnessing a bottom dealer at work. He had to give it to the guy, he was good. So good that not many poker players would spot him holding back the top cards for himself. But Heyes was a superb player, and while he never cheated at poker, he was completely versed in all methods of keeping Lady Luck held hostage at his side.

Heyes played along, letting the man continue cheating until the Kid returned. In his experience, declaring someone a crook nearly always involved gunplay and he wasn't about to be the center of that kind of attention. Not now, not when he already felt like the situation with Alice might be going out of control. Instead, he enjoyed his beer in moderation and kept his bets low.

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Dor

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Alice had stripped down to her undies ,then wrapped herself in a blanket. The tub and water had been delivered yet she hessitated to get inside. While it was arriving she caught a glimpse of Heyes leaving the room. Kid was in the room across the hall now.....alone.

She had to figure a way to get him in her room with her, she chewed her lower lip thinking then......she pulled the bedding off the bed, rumpled her hair and tore at her camisol. She opened the door to her room and began to scream.......
Back to top Go down
Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm

The Kid grabbed his gun and ran out into the hallway. One glimpse of the dishevelled, hysterical woman was enough. He had seen that before, at too young an age. His well-practised eyes hunted the hallway. "Where'd he go?" he demanded.

"The window..." she sobbed.

He ran over and thrust his head out of the open window. The top of the porch ran right along these windows. He could have gone anywhere.

"What in the name...?" the desk clerk came running up the stairs, quickly followed by a band of assorted staff. "Oh, my!"

Alice pulled the torn strap together at a failed attempt at modesty.

The clerk stared at the Kid who was over by the window. "Is that the man who did this to you?"
Back to top Go down
Dor

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Alice looked alarmed at the desk clerk "Are you insane? He came to my rescue!" she went to Kid hugging him tightly as she sobbed into his chest, "What would have happened to me if you didn't come in such a hurry! He could have...could have..." she continued to wail as Kid patted her on the back....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Meanwhile down in the saloon, Heyes sat playing quietly and watching as the man in the bouler hat continued to cheat....he couldn't take it any longer. "Excuse me,"he smiled, "But you aren't dealing those cards correctly."

Everyone at the table went quiet, then it seem the whole room went quiet.

"Are you accusing me of something Sir? And from the looks of you I use the term loosely. Not many accuse the owner of an establishment of cheating and walk away unscath." he looked at the men playing with them, they knew what to do.

Heyes heard the click of a gun cocking under the table. "Take him outta here boys, I don't want any blood in here......."
Back to top Go down
InsideOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Heyes sat back. "Owner, huh?"  He held his hands up, well clear of his gun, and stood slowly.  The men at the next table saw him raising his arms and they scraped their chairs back and stood.  It was human nature to want to watch a train wreck and, almost instantly, the room silenced as the crowd pressed closer mesmerized by the drama. Heyes kept his eyes on the man across from him, but he saw the three players draw their weapons and hesitate.  If they worked for the house, his money was on them not risking shooting into their own customers.  Grinning, he loudly said, "Must be hard filling the seats at the poker table with you cheating like that.  I reckon there's got to be a few men in this room who have lost their shirts playing you."  Instantly, the other patrons surged forward, grabbing at the cheater's coat and taking the gunmen's attention from Heyes.  He upended the table, providing some cover and dashed up the stairs two at a time, bellowing, "Thaddeus!  Thaddeus, time to go!!"

“The purpose of life isn’t to arrive at death in perfect condition but to slide into it sideways with your hair mussed, your clothes disheveled, a martini in one hand and chocolate in the other, shouting ‘Whooeee, what a ride!’”--Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Heyes stood at the door, his eyes burning with anger.  "I thought you were watching my back."

"Someone went into Alice's room.  She needed me."

The dark eyes narrowed.  "I needed you.  I barely got out of the saloon alive.  The owner was cheating." 

"Ya should've kept outta trouble unless you knew I was there," the Kid scowled at his partner.  "I can't be in two places at once."

Heyes tossed his hat on the bed.  "Someone came into her room?  is she alright?"

"Yeah, I got there real fast.  He made off through the window."

Heyes frowned, his own problems briefly forgotten.  "Did she describe the man?"

The Kid shook his head.  "She didn't get a good look.  Why?"

"That man in the lobby was real interested in her when we first got here."  Heyes joined his partner on the bed.  "She sure got a way of attracting trouble that one.  Maybe we should leave her to it."

"I know what you mean," the Kid agreed.  "That ain't generally something we need help with, but we can't desert her."  

"We can give her a few dollars until she finds her feet, but it's up to her to find a job.  We need to move on, Kid."

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   

Back to top Go down

Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2