Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Folks,

Dor has suggested that we try a new challenge which may appeal to new writers or those who also want something short.

It will start with something written just one paragraph at a time and anyone can jump in and take the story any way they want to  - so it should be interesting.

The paragraphs should be of a reasonable length -no 4,000 word paragraphs, but I don't want to be too proscriptive as to what a paragraph looks like as that might stifle creativity.

The Rules

1.  The parts must be no more one paragraph and each paragraph must not be of excessive length

2.  The writer must follow on from the previous poster's piece; picking up on the story, plot and cliff-hanger or it can be deleted as not being in the spirit of a shared piece.  No hijacking the thread to take it 'your' way. No writer can make consecutive posts to ensure open participation.

3.  The work must remain PG as it will be in the main thread.

4. As always, any complaint will be mediated by Admin who will take time to look at all views before reaching a decision.  If behaviour is manifestly affecting the spirit of the shared thread, the rules may be reviewed with a view of maximizing fun for the entire group.        

Okay, so on you go.

I'll give you a title to get the bunnies hopping: albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albino Easter Bunny albino Easter Bunnyalbino  Easter Bunny albino Easter Bunny albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albino Easter Bunny albino Easter Bunny albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albinoEaster Bunny  albino Easter Bunny albinoEaster Bunny  albino 

A Girl Called Malice  

Get writing!  

Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Love the new challenge! I'll definitely play and what a title! You always had a special knack with those MAP. Off to prod a few bunnies albino now to see what comes up: flying umbrella  
Back to top Go down
Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Oh, me too, Map!Writing :Love the title.
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Ooh, this sounds interesting! And I agree, great title :)
Back to top Go down
Dor

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Okay, I'll start. I'm not sure if I start a new thread or begin here so if I goofed I'm sure our lovely Administrator will move it to a new place so here goes.......

The saloon was hot and smelled of stale sweat, beer and tobacco and she hated it there but needed the money so she could get out of that town and maybe into a big city somewhere and begin her life. She dropped the bucket she carried and the mop fell over just missing a cowboy standing at the shiny polished bar. He grumbled at her lifting his meaty hand to strike at her, she flinched stepping backward readying herself for a blow, instead she bumped into a man but it was the man next to him that took her defence.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size, like me maybe.......
Back to top Go down
Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Alice looked up and sucked back a breath of surprise.  She knew those blue eyes.  They had stared coldly over the gun which started the raid on her father's bank.  It was his fault she was here, condemned to a life of drudgery and poverty after his suicide.  She stepped back, shaking her head in confusion.  Would he recognise her?  It had been just a glance; a moment amongst so many, but it was burned into her psyche.

Kid Curry glared at the cowhand daring the man to follow through with the blow.  "I don't like men who hit women," he murmured in a low, frosty voice.

"Alice!"  All heads turned to the pink-faced bear of a man striding towards them.  "Are you causin' trouble again?  I warned ya last time.  Once more and you're out."

The man took the opportunity to slip quietly away from the dangerous-looking gunnie.  Shouting at a grubber was one thing, getting involved in a fight with a menacing professional with a tied-down gun was something entirely different.  She was pretty enough, but not worth dying over.

"She ain't causin' trouble, friend," the Kid folded his arms.  "That low-life headin' out the door was."

"I don't care," the bar owner yelled.  "This is the third time since I took her on.  I ain't losin' customers over a slip o' a thing."  He peered at Alice through a pair of bushy, grey eyebrows.  "You're fired."
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:59 am

"Please, give me another chance, mister, this wasn't my fault!" Alice appeared shaken at the loss of her job.
"I said I don't care, now get out!" The sweaty bar owner sucked at his smelly cigar and stomped off.

Curry reached out to steady her. "Sorry about your job, miss. Is there anything I can do to help?"
"Havn't you done enough already? Get your hands off me!" Alice turned around quickly and ran full steam into a startled Hannibal Heyes who was just walking up. For a split second Alice froze as further recognition swept over her. She quickly looked from Heyes to Curry, and then bolted out the back door.

"What was that about?" asked Heyes, as he straightened out his coat and ran his fingers through his brown hair.
"Just a gal who needed help, is all." Curry folded his arms across his chest and stared after the lovely Alice.
"There you go again, Kid, helpin' the needy folk, and calling attention to yourself."
"I can't stand by and watch a lady bein' mistreated, Heyes. You know that."
"Well, Kid, I don't like the way she looked at us when she ran out of here."
"Me neither. Do you think she recognized us?" Curry unconsciously rested his right hand near his gun.
"I don't know, Kid, but I think we're gonna' find out. Come on." Heyes put on his black hat and headed for the door.
Back to top Go down
Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 am

It didn't take them long to find the slight figure scurrying along the sidewalk, shrugging into her grey shawl. Heyes nudged his partner and nodded towards the sign protruding from the building at the end of the street bearing the legend, 'Sheriff's Office.'

"Best get outta here," Heyes murmured, quietly.

"Yeah, shame. I'd have liked to have helped her."

They turned on their heels and headed towards the stables. "I guess all she'll have is a wild tale about having seen Heyes and Curry in the saloon." Heyes turned and glanced over his shoulder at the woman disappearing into the sheriff's office. "I guess we should be pleased that poor, young women aren't generally considered to be the most reliable witnesses.

"Not even when they're telling the truth," the Kid agreed. "C'mon. It's a fair night. We've slept outdoors in a lot worse than this.

Back to top Go down
Dor

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Alice stopped for a second to look back at them before she went into the sheriff's office. She was sure it was them! No two men outlaws or not could be as handsome as they are.....she turned to look at the sheriff.....he was sitting back in his chair, booted feet crossed on his desk, had covering his face and snoring loud enough to wake the saints in heaven. She paused chewing on her lip, she could leave without him ever knowing or.......
Back to top Go down
Niekx

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Then her eyes were drawn to the wall next to the sleeping sheriff. Two wanted posters were pinned on a prominent place there. "Reward", they read, "Dead or alive". A shiver went through her and she hugged her shawl around her. What a waste should they be killed while apprehended. Such handsome men… A handsome reward too! Alice was sure no one would pay a poor saloon girl any reward money even if she let the law in on what she knew. No, she'd better get back out of this office and think of some other way to get her hands on that $20,000 reward money. Surely she had more rights to it, than some no good sheriff? The silence of the street agreed with her....

Last edited by Niekx on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HannaHeyes

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Besides, it was their fault her life had turned out the way it did. Had they not robbed her father's bank, he might not have committed suicide, she and her mother might not have lost their house, and she would've been living a comfortable existence. Yes, it was only fair that after what they had taken from her, she should be the one to take away their freedom, and get a nice sum of money in the process. Even though they were extremely easy on the eyes...she could easily envision herself wrapped in those arms, either one. But no, she pushed those thoughts from her mind and instead started concentrating on what she could do to get justice, and that money, as she left the sheriff's office as silently as she had entered.

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:02 pm

The boys haven ridden rather quickly out of town didn't slow down until they were sure they weren't being followed.

"Why do you supposed a little gal like that was working swamping out a saloon?"

"What gal ?" Heyes had been deep in thought about something totally different, how they could get some money without working or stealing it, "Oh her. Beats me, why do you care anyway?"

"Well, she seemed so young and small.....sorta lost, outta place maybe?" Kid pondered.

Heyes turned completely toward his partner, "Are you getting soft on me?"

"Heyes she lost her job cause of us, how's she gonna eat? How's she gonna live?" Kid looked at him worridly.

Heyes rolled his eyes and sighed, "She's nothing to us! She could give us nothing but trouble and we've enough of that on our own!"
Back to top Go down
Hunkeydorey

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:24 pm

"We're fine, Heyes" the Kid shrugged. "We can rough it and shoot game. We can manage. You know where girls like that end up, don't ya?"

"Yeah," Heyes nodded. "And considering we we're amongst their patrons I don't think we can get too hypocritical. Besides, those weren't the problems I meant. I think someone's following us."

The Kid turned to face his cousin. "Do you want to ride on or will I do it?"

"You ride on, then you can double back and back me up."

"Fine. There's a bend ahead. "Once we're out of sight I'll drop out and wait for out tail.

"Gottcha, Heyes."

The riders headed for the curve in the road, knowing that within a few moments whoever was tailing them would lose sight of them.
Back to top Go down
Silverkelpie

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Alice jogged along on her little donkey, heading out into the night with her few meagre possessions wrapped in a thin blanket.  Her mind was alight with anger, half-baked plans and imaginary conversations. Wouldn't she have liked to have told those men what she thought of them.  That thick-necked, bull-headed coot of an ex-boss would have felt the rough side of her tongue too if... if she hadn't needed the job so much, if she wasn't on the verge of starvation, if her father hadn't died and if she still had a family.  

If.  That small word was so huge and straddled her life like a spider over a trapped fly.

She had no real plan other than to keep track of the men who had such a large price on their heads; then, when the time was right she would turn them in.  She didn't know when, how or where; all she knew was that she would watch and wait.  They'd never notice her, not a ragged drudge like her.  They looked like the types to favour blousy, painted saloon girls in any case.  She fought back a sob.  Is that what she'd become?  What other options were available to a woman to failed in a job where her biggest responsibility was to empty the spittoons.

She carried on, blinking back tears until her heart leaped into her mouth at the words barked from the darkness.

"Stop right there and get your hands up!"

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Startled, Alice jerked her donkey to a halt.  The animal brayed in disgust, but obeyed.  

The gruff voice echoed again.  “Little lady, I said to put your hands up.  You’ve been enough trouble.  I’ll be taking you back to the sheriff.”

Still holding the reins, Alice lost no time pushing her arms out and away from her body, the best to show no intent.  “Why the sheriff?  I’ve not done anything wrong.”

“That’s good, there.  Now, if you’ve a weapon, tell me where it is.”  The voice got closer.

“Why’d you come after me?  With no job, why should I stay in that town?”

The full moon shone enough for her to see her most recent employer come into view, pistol aimed at her.  “Now, you didn’t think I was really gonna let you off that easy, did ya?  You’ve been too much trouble.  I need to exact a bit of revenge myself.”  He approached her and just as suddenly stopped at a click of a gun and the whinny of a horse.

“Now hold it right there, friend.  Uncock that gun of yours and toss it away nice and easy.”

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am

Alice gulped heavily at the sight of Hannibal Heyes advancing out of the shadows, gun drawn.  The memory of the last time she had seen that sight came flooding back to her along with the pain of finding her father's bloody body, financially ruined by the robbery.  The bravado of anger fled and she started to tremble.

"Drop that gun and kick it over here," Heyes demanded.  The dark eyes glittered dangerously in the moonlight.  "So you like revenge?  How about we ask the lady what we should do with you?"

She shook her head mutely as Heyes sighed.  "Drop your arms, sweetheart.  Nobody's going to hurt you."

"She stole from me," the bar owner blustered.  "I'm only trying to take her back to the sheriff."

Heyes cast appraising eyes from one to the other before shaking his head.  "Nah, not from what I heard.  This wasn't about money."

"Joshua?" another voice drifted from the darkness before Kid Curry joined his partner.  

Heyes gestured towards Alice's ex-boss with his head.  "It looks like our friend here wasn't happy with just firing the girl.  He wanted his pound of flesh too."

The eyebrows arched over a pair of cold, blue eyes.  "Really?  It's a good job we came back then, ain't it?"
Back to top Go down
Dor

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:42 pm

"I.....Listen, I wasn't gonna hurt her! She stole from me!"  The fat man stammered as he turned from one man holding a gun on him to the other coming out of the shadows.

"Fill us in on what it is she's supposedly stolen from you...." Heyes' face held steady, not even a twitch. The bar man gulped

"Er....she...ah ...she took the donkey and the clothes she's wearing!"

"Haha! Ya hear that Thad? He wants the clothes off her back...back!" Heyes grinned.

"You'll look mighty purdy in them duds Mister." Kid shook his head.

"NOW WAIT JUST ONE SECOND!!" Alice finally came out of her shock at seeing the outlaws come out of the darkness.

"Don't worry little lady, he's not taking any of your clothes but he is going to head back to town .......
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:14 pm

"......without his! Now, get down off your horse, Mister!" Curry pointed his gun at the man to let him know he meant business.

The barkeep got off his horse, raised his hands, and glared at the men.

"Thaddeus, get his gun, and mister, you start stripping, and don't forget to take off your boots!"

"Now wait a minute......!" The barkeep was stopped mid sentence by the click of the Kid's gun being readied. The man saw the look in Kid's blue eyes and began throwing off his clothes. Alice watched in shock as the clothes came peeling off.

"That's enough! Leave the long johns on, mister. There's a lady present....geesh!" Heyes shook his head, clearly disgusted by the sweaty, unkempt man. "Now, miss, would you kindly get off your donkey. Our friend here will be handing over his horse and ridin' the donkey back to town instead, since he wanted it so badly."

"Your gonna steal my horse? The sheriff will hear about this! I'll have you all thrown in jail!" threatened the barkeep.

"I don't think so, friend, not unless you want the law to hear about how we caught you threatenin' a lady. What was that you called it, "revenge"? I don't think the sheriff would take kindly to whatever that meant, do you?"  Heyes clearly thought the man was pond scum.

The barkeep gingerly mounted the donkey and gave them one last glare.

"Now get!" Kid slapped the donkeys rump and watched as it bolted towards town with the ridiculous man as cargo.

Heyes and Curry turned in unison to look at Alice. Alice backed away, wondering what she had gotten herself into this time.......

Tashmina

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Alice blinked nervously at the outlaws.  Could this get any worse?  She was now stranded in the middle of nowhere with known criminals who had given away her transport.  What was she thinking?  Of course it could get worse!  She tried to sake out the visions cramming her mind.  "I... I never stole anything.  I swear on my life."

Heyes gave her a smile of reassurance.  "I know."

"I won't tell... I won't say a word.  Please just let me go."

The dark brows arched.  "Tell?"  

The two men shared a glance before the fair man spoke.  "Tell what, honey."

Alice started to stammer, realising she'd said too much.  If they could deal with a man that size without a second thought, what chance did a slip of a girl stand?   "That you took his horse.  Please, I'll just get out of your way."

The Kid shook his head.  "And go where?"

"Anywhere - nowhere.  You'll never see me again."

"What's your name?" Heyes asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Alice."

A flutter of panic gripped at her heart as the Kid stepped towards her.  "Well, Alice, we'd be sorry excuses for men if we let an unarmed girl wander about in the wilderness on her own, especially at this time of night.  How about you come with us and we'll get you safely to the next town?"

"No!"  She stepped backwards in apprehension, but the Kid simply stopped and fixed her with gentle blue eyes.  

"Alice, nobody is going to hurt you.  You're safe, we'll look after you until we get you to the next town."  His mellifluous voice washed over her.  "You can't go wanderin' about in the dark.  Look what nearly happened."

"You gave away my donkey," she sniffed, emotionally.  "How am I supposed to get anywhere without Bob?"

"Bob?"  Heyes smiled.  "Is he a pet?  We can get him back for you."

"A pet!?  He kicks, bites and smells."  her bottom lip wobbled.  "But he was all I could afford."

"Yeah," the Kid nodded.  "We know all about that.  We called ours Kyle.  I've still got a soft spot for him, though.  Do you want me to get your donkey back?  I'll go get it for you," he cast a hand over to the sorrel still standing patiently by the roadside.  "The horse is yours if you want him.  He's a real nice little colt and worth a lot more than the donkey."

Alice pondered her options.  What choice did she have?  These men clearly didn't want to let her go off on her own.  Surely they didn't recognize her after all these years?  She had only been fifteen and although she had blossomed into womanhood, hunger and hardship nipped at her beauty like a frost at a rose.  Maybe it was better to play along if she was to turn them in without arousing any suspicions?

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Turn them in, She thought. She could do it, she had too not only for the sake of revenge......but for the money as well. She could live her whole life in comfort with the reward money from them both. How though, how could she do it? Suddenly a thought struck her, she looked at them both. They were the best of friends.....what better way to destroy them then break them up? After all, a house divided can not stand. She'll play them against each other.....maybe even get one to kill the other then she could turn them in easily once one was dead and the other was filled with guilt. She smiled coyly at them both....

"I don't have much of a choice, of course I'll go with you........
Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:06 am

"Why, where are my manners? This makes the second time you have come to my rescue, isn't that right, Mr......?" Alice took the Kid's arm and gazed into his big blue eyes.

"Uh..., Jones, miss, but please, call me Thaddeus. And my partner here is Joshua Smith. It was nothing', really. Anyone would have done the same."

"I just don't know what would have become of me if you hadn't come along when you did...Joshua, is it?" Alice wove her other arm through Heye's and batted her long brown lashes his way.

"Err..., yes miss." Heyes looked at Kid and raised his eyebrows. Kid smiled and shrugged.

"Well, let's get you on that horse and move out before your friend returns." Kid picked her up and with one swoop placed her on the back of her new mount. He couldn't help but notice how good she smelled and how pretty she was.

"Thank you, Thaddeus. I must find some way to repay you for your kindness". Alice smile sweetly at the Kid, and he smiled back. Alice was sure they would both fall gradually into her trap. They would both get repaid, all right. They would get everything they deserved, she would see to it.

Tashmina

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:46 pm

The Kid helped Alice onto the horse, Heyes waiting patiently while she gathered her grey skirts as modestly as she could. Heyes leaned over and rested on the horn or his saddle. "Have we met before?"

"Apart from the bar, no," she lied.

Heyes nodded slowly and gave her his most charming smile. "I just wondered. There was something about the way you looked at us in the bar."

Alice dropped her head hoping to avoid his gaze. "Well, I was just a bit flustered. You kind of, stand out - don't you?"

Heyes arched a brow. "Stand out?"

"Stop groping for compliments," Alice blushed. "You know what I mean."

"Do I?" Heyes pressed.

"Yes."

"Leave her alone, Joshua, she was caught off-guard, is all. " the Kid threw a long leg over his mount. "Besides, Alice, Joshua's more strikin' than lovely."

She gave a nervous giggle. "Thanks -to both of you. I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been around just then."

"Think nothin' of it, darlin'," the Kid kicked his mount into action. "We'll get you to the next town safe and sound."

"The next town?" she queried.

"Yeah, we're headed to Backerville." Heyes fell in beside her so she was riding between the two men. "Do you know it?"

"No. I've never been there."

Heyes looked at her in the moonlight, her pale profile standing out like white marble. "It's bigger than the last place. You should be able to find a job there."

Alice rode on in silence. A bigger town meant more lawmen. This could be interesting.

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:33 pm

They rode along, she chatted with Kid while Heyes rode more quietly. He added a word or two but mostly stayed quiet. Once they rode into the town, they kept going until they came to the hotel. Kid helped her down at once, they went right on into the hotel with Heyes following behind.

"Could we have two rooms near each other and a bath for the lady?" Kid had stepped to the front desk signing the registar. Heyes glanced at him.

"And someone to care for our horses, they're right outside two bays and a sorrel." Heyes added, he wondered if the pretty girl was making Kid forget about those horses, they lose them it could mean their lives.

"Oh yeah, give them extra grain....but the lady would really like that hot bath." Kid looked at her and she smiled, then fluttered her eyes. Heyes groaned as he turned to look about the lobby. He noticed a man staring at the girl from behind a newspaper, when he saw Heyes looking at him he quickly went back to reading.....
Back to top Go down
Gringa

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Heyes' sharp eyes noted Alice drop her head and back into the shadows away from the paraffin lamp on the hotel desk, but he remained silent and continued to observe. The Kid and the desk-clerk continued to finalise the booking. The Kid turned and smiled at the girl who was intently examining the large aspidistra plant in the corner.

He held out a key bearing a large wooden fob. "Are you ready, Alice?"

She nodded and followed the men to the staircase, where they gallantly stood aside to let her climb first. "Thank you."

The key rattled in the lock before the fair man strode into the room to check it out for her. He dropped her bundle on the bed and put his hands on his hips. "It's basic, but better than the ground, huh?"

"Much better," Alice gave him her most beguiling smile. How can I ever thank you?"

The blue eyes examined her, wondering just how much she was prepared to give before he laughed lightly and lightened the mood. "No need, darlin'. Just keep safe."

"Well, I am. Thanks to you."

"Best get yourself sorted," Heyes called from the hallway. "That bath'll be up in few minutes."

"A bath," sighed Alice. "It's been so long since I could afford a bath,"

"Well, make the most of it," grinned the Kid. "It'll help you get a job tomorrow if you look clean and respectable."

"Thanks again," purred Alice, closing the door on the departing ex-outlaw. "I just don't know what I would have done without you two."

"She's a real sweet girl," the Kid murmured as Heyes unlocked the opposite door. The door gave and opened as the key engaged. "Real nice. Had a tough time too..."

Heyes grabbed his cousin's arm and swung him inside, quickly locking the door and leaning on it. Urgent brown eyes transmitted the importance of his message. "Kid, I think Alice is on the run."

Back to top Go down
Javabee

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 pm

"On the run?" Kid smirked. "You think she's a thief?"

"All I know is there's a man downstairs that looks like he's watchin' her. I think she's being tailed by a Bannerman detective." Heyes whispered.

"No, I don't believe it. She's just a sweet gal that's down on her luck and she needs our help."

"Kid, I know you like her, but we can't afford to get involved in anything shady, and you know it. We need to get to the bottom of what's going on. I'm heading down to the saloon to check things out, and you come on down in a few minutes to watch my back."

Heyes headed down the stairs and noticed that the man was no longer in the hotel lobby. Entering the saloon, he surveyed the occupants and spotted the man playing poker at one of the tables.

"Is there room for one more, gents?" The men looked him over and one of them nodded at the empty seat. Heyes sat down and ordered a whiskey. The man kept his eyes glued to his cards and didn't act like he even noticed Heyes arrival. The stranger was on a winning streak, and Heyes was convinced he was cheating. Heyes set to work to figure out how he was doing it, while wondering what was taking the Kid so long.....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice   

Back to top Go down

Challenge written one paragraph at a time challenge - A Girl Called Malice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next