Alias Smith and Jones Fun and Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for all kinds of fun for fans of Alias Smith and Jones

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mine Empty
PostSubject: Mine   Mine EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 4:24 am

We are in February, the month of Valentines day, love, and all things romance. In a play on the theme of 'Will you be mine,' I've decided we'd go with the far simpler, and more flexible,
prairie dog
Mine
flower puppy kiss
That's a prompt which doesn't only imply possession, desire, or love. It can also mean to dig, excavate, either by excavation or washing the soil. Any other take on the prompt you can come up with is welcome too.

So that should give you plenty to work with. What are you waiting for?

Get writing
Writing
Back to top Go down
https://aliassmithandjones.canadian-forum.com
InsideOutlaw

InsideOutlaw

Mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine   Mine EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 11:19 am

IkHi “Fire in the hole!” bellowed Kyle Murtry.  Scrambling to his feet, he plugged each ear with a finger and took off running towards the opening of the deep cave as the dynamite’s fuse sizzled and sparked, beginning its slow march to oblivion.

Several scruffy outlaws stood outside of the darkened cavity backlit by bright sunlight that didn’t quite reach inside.  They hooted, hollered, and waved at the small man to hurry it up.  Lobo turned to shove crumpled dollars into Hank’s hand and hastily laid a bet. But the merriment was cut off the moment Kyle’s ankle savagely twisted on a buried rock and he fell to the ground in a puff of dusty soil.  His eyes nearly popped out of his head in horror as pain, real and imagined, carved his panicked face. 

Before he could even yell for help, bodies were shoved aside, and Kid Curry was barreling towards him.  Without completely stopping, the Kid grabbed the back of Kyle’s shirt and bodily lifted him off the ground propelling the small man as he kept one arm clamped around Murtry’s waist, his legs churning up dirt as they ran toward the front of the cave.

The yelling resumed but with a different note that caught Hannibal Heyes’ attention as he sat under a leafy cottonwood tree.  He looked up from the map he was drawing in time to see his gang frantically running towards him.  As he watched, a swelling roar ripped out of the mouth of the cave expelling Kyle and the Kid through the air and drilling them into the soft sand. A shower of fine grit fell over everyone and everything.  Curry sat up, swayed alarmingly, spat out sand, and wiped his sleeve across his mouth.  Kyle rolled over onto his back, staring up at the sky, his chest heaving.  The rest of the gang peeked out from behind a large boulder where they had sought cover.  

Nobody said a thing.  

Heyes got up and put his map and pencil down onto the fallen log he’d been sitting on.  He picked up his black hat, put it on, adjusted the brim just so and casually strolled over to the two fallen men.  Two pairs of blue eyes rimmed with dirt peered up at him.  He studied them for a moment.

“All clear?”  he asked.

Mute nods affirmed his query.  With a rueful shake of his head, Heyes left them where they sat.  He entered the cave.  A huge jumble of rock filled most of the space.  He walked around it from right to left, judging it carefully, then smiled and turned.  His partner was standing at the entrance, one hand braced against stone.  

“Satisfied?” asked Curry.

“Very.  Even if someone knew the loot was buried here in that old mine shaft, they’d think twice before moving all that to get it.  Now let’s split up and get out of here before that posse catches up with us.” Heyes reached the Kid and patted his arm.  Curry turned.

“So that makes me wonder how the heck are we going to get it?”

A delighted smile split Heyes’ face.  “We’ve got Kyle.”

SheilaUK, GemHenry, Nebraska Wildfire, rachel741 and Kattayl like this post

Back to top Go down

Mine
Page 1 of 1